RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Yeti (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/)
-   -   What foams should I run with my super swampers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/598826-what-foams-should-i-run-my-super-swampers.html)

slashsalsa 05-17-2018 07:55 PM

What foams should I run with my super swampers

So I bought some super swampers to run on my yeti with my new proline wheels and initially I ran them with the stock foams that came with the tires. I enjoyed them for a little but then i snapped my rear axle. Since I have removed the stock foams and replaced them with proline single stage closed cell foams. They are much stiffer but there is a gap between the foam and tire. Is this setup better and if it isn’t what ways could I improve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soze 05-17-2018 09:24 PM

Re: What foams should I run with my super swampers

The gap is fine. Those foams are fine for your Yeti. I run Crawler Innovations Deuces Wild and it has a little gap as well. It's not supposed to be completely full all the way.

slashsalsa 05-17-2018 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 5832928)
The gap is fine. Those foams are fine for your Yeti. I run Crawler Innovations Deuces Wild and it has a little gap as well. It's not supposed to be completely full all the way.

Should I plug the breather hole on my wheels as well

soze 05-17-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slashsalsa (Post 5832929)
Should I plug the breather hole on my wheels as well

Completely up to you. I didn't. I think people do punch vent holes in the tread of the tire to spin out the water if it does get in though.

JatoTheRipper 05-18-2018 07:00 AM

Proline two stage foams are the best for their tires. I run CI in other tires, but for the Proline tires their two stage foams are perfect.

slashsalsa 05-18-2018 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5832989)
Proline two stage foams are the best for their tires. I run CI in other tires, but for the Proline tires their two stage foams are perfect.

Do you think I could make 2 stage foams with what I have

JatoTheRipper 05-18-2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slashsalsa (Post 5833003)
Do you think I could make 2 stage foams with what I have

If you have closed cell foam and open cell foams anything is possible. Good luck! "thumbsup"

DukeMinnix 05-18-2018 08:01 AM

dual stage foams in a yeti that never crawls is kind of a waste in my opinion, the small gap with the single stage foam allows for enough tread distortion to grab all the traction you need when ripping and tearing... in my opinion.

JatoTheRipper 05-18-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeMinnix (Post 5833035)
dual stage foams in a yeti that never crawls is kind of a waste in my opinion, the small gap with the single stage foam allows for enough tread distortion to grab all the traction you need when ripping and tearing... in my opinion.

For go-fast you're probably right. For crawling I'd disagree.

soze 05-18-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5833045)
For go-fast you're probably right. For crawling I'd disagree.

Yeah, the OP is running a Yeti. I doubt he's crawling with it. I stuck the CI DW foams my Yeti and it helped keep the tires from rolling. I got them before the pro-line foams came out though, but works fine so no point in changing now.