Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: “Bugyeti”

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2018, 04:49 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default “Bugyeti”

This is my new RTR yeti with the Proline VW Baja Bug body. I just opened it yesterday and got to take a look around. The first thing I did was cut out the body which seemed very difficult in the back window area due to the thickness of the lexan. I’m thinking about a paint scheme now while looking at all of the other schemes I’ve done on other cars. I’ve also added some crazy crawler tires from RC4WD and some aluminum wheels I picked up as well that have been sitting on my AX10 for years. I’m now going to be looking at the springs several folks have recommended because I want more height on the chassis similar to this photo. Im also debating on using the stock body mounts in favor of a front hidden velcro mount for more realism. I also don't care for the rear exahust cutouts used as lower side mounts but they just dont have any real use on a bug body. Is anyone else doing anything different there with the side mounts?
Axial Yeti

Last edited by evlwevl; 08-19-2018 at 04:58 PM.
evlwevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2018, 10:07 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: “Bugyeti”

So the transformation is on. Im going to just swap out some of the components that I've been told that really make for a better rc plus a few things I think will make it look cooler. Im going to try to avoid a $1,000 build this time as I've done with other crawlers and SC trucks. I'm really after more ride height so the springs were a must and I read the vanquish shock tower add on would also help as well as heavier spring oil. The stainless upper links just seemed like a good idea. I decided to follow with the same vanquish branded lowers although Im sure the SSD would have been just fine as well. I've heard some RTRs are not equipped with enough gear lube I finally bought some, was a little expensive, I used to just use automotive white grease. I saw the rear skid plate and It just looked cool, I hope it works. The front bumper appears way to soft for my tastes, I can totally see that punching into the VW bug body in a nose over and popping off my stealth front body mount so the foam insert should help. I'll have to save up to modify the plastic steering components on m next order but this should get me started for now. Still deciding on a paint scheme. Im not completely set on my repurposed wheels but they will do for now. This is going to mostly be a trail driver. Untitled
Old 08-26-2018, 06:41 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You should consider getting 70 mm springs for the front, if you want more ride height. That's what I have done, following the advice of this forum. Can't remember the color though.
Antsiranean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:27 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Blue 54mm springs and the VP shock adjuster jack up the front nicely
Curb Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:28 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I added the Shock adjuster. The screws were so tight into the plastic shock tower I dont know if the lock nuts are really needed. It definately helped stand the shocks up better. The foam bumper insert helps stiffen the front bumper so the hood doesnt get crushed
Untitled
Old 08-27-2018, 08:31 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I don't know what holes to use for this sway bar but it looks good. I have to look at someone elses setup to set the correct angle for the top bars
Untitled
Old 08-27-2018, 08:33 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Perfect stance for what I was looking for now. The springs and shock oil have really helped slow the suspension and give me the height I was looking for
Untitled