Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Yeti
Loading

Notices

Thread: What wheels are you running?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2018, 05:54 AM   #1
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maine
Posts: 63
Default What wheels are you running?

Well found 2 broken wheels in my Yeti last night, I'm assuming they cracked while my 11 year old son was bashing the snot out of it when I wasn't looking a few weeks ago. (Hes already lost $40 of allowance and stack ed 4 cord of wood to pay for parts he distroyed) What's a decent upgrade over the stock kit Method Wheels for the Yeti/Bomber that will not break the bank. I really don't want to spend more than $100 if I don't need to.
Oxide80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2018, 07:29 AM   #2
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,254
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

Don't blame your Kid, it's a common issue of the axial methods. They break under the torque. I run SSD Rockracer wheels round 120$,





for the stock wheels i replaced the outer part with the alloy option from gpm round 50$.



You can find pics and more info in my build thread: Little Monster or a Yeti for the Allgäu A Yeti for the Alllgäu or my little monster

EDIT: Insert pics and link

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk

Last edited by magic_yeti; 09-18-2018 at 10:16 AM.
magic_yeti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:36 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 181
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide80 View Post
Well found 2 broken wheels in my Yeti last night, I'm assuming they cracked while my 11 year old son was bashing the snot out of it when I wasn't looking a few weeks ago. (Hes already lost $40 of allowance and stack ed 4 cord of wood to pay for parts he distroyed) What's a decent upgrade over the stock kit Method Wheels for the Yeti/Bomber that will not break the bank. I really don't want to spend more than $100 if I don't need to.


Kids... I did the exact same thing!! LOL!! Anyways, keep checking the classifieds man. Someone is always trying to part with their goodies and that’s where I found my wheel set. Good luck bud!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nastyman211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:59 AM   #4
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maine
Posts: 63
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post
Don't blame your Kid, it's a common issue of the axial methods. They break under the torque. I run SSD Rockracer wheels round 120$ , for the stock wheels i replaced the outer part with the alloy option from gpm round 50$.
You can find pics and more info in my build thread: Little Monster or a Yeti for the Allgäu

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk

Not blaming him on the wheels, just the $100 broken chassis parts on my shelf queen when playing demolition derby against an X-Maxx.......and glad the other kid talked him out of jumping it off a 10 foot retaining wall to a concrete patio below.
Oxide80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:20 AM   #5
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Readsboro, VT
Posts: 1,455
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

I run a set of these aluminum 2.2s on my Bomber:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-63MM-A...r=582035166167

I'm very happy with how they look and how they work. The wheels are thick and heavy, which for my Bomber is ideal. My only complaint is that the center covers have become a huge pain in the ass whenever I want to remove the wheels.



For my Yeti, I want something lighter, and also wider, since I plan to run the Pitbull Rock Beast XOR tires on it. For that truck, I'm looking at these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-2-2-in...k/392081540307 or a set of the Chanquish wheels in 35mm width.

I'll probably end up going with the Chanquish wheels over the other two options though, because the Yeti needs two different offsets, which I can't get with the cheap wheels.

Last edited by Jim85IROC; 09-18-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Readsboro, VT
Posts: 1,455
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide80 View Post
Not blaming him on the wheels, just the $100 broken chassis parts on my shelf queen when playing demolition derby against an X-Maxx.......and glad the other kid talked him out of jumping it off a 10 foot retaining wall to a concrete patio below.
Sounds like you need to get your kid a Slash or a 2WD ECX so that he leaves your crap alone.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:43 AM   #7
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maine
Posts: 63
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Sounds like you need to get your kid a Slash or a 2WD ECX so that he leaves your crap alone.
He generally treats all the high end trucks really well, he accepted the responsibility for it but I think was sticker shocked when I started to tally up what he broke.... so 4 months allowance and all the winter wood stacked
I have a 2wd Slash I used to race and it has all the RPM goodies in it that is pretty indestructible that he can use and He has own ECX Ruckus 2WD... he knows what he breaks he pays for...
Oxide80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:26 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maine
Posts: 168
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

Incision Method. Just over $100 ready to mount your tires and go. I really like the look.



Last edited by Rumpelhardt; 09-18-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Rumpelhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:22 PM   #9
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Land of burning couches
Posts: 831
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

Chinesium ebaY 2.2s and your favorite set of JEC racing rings, easy peasy lemon squeezey. Probably have enough left to get yourself some scale hardware while you're at it if thats the sort of thing that strikes your fancy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-2-2-Al...item33eb8da58b

https://jecracing.com/search?q=beadlocks
DukeMinnix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:39 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maine
Posts: 168
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
Chinesium ebaY 2.2s and your favorite set of JEC racing rings, easy peasy lemon squeezey. Probably have enough left to get yourself some scale hardware while you're at it if thats the sort of thing that strikes your fancy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-2-2-Al...item33eb8da58b

https://jecracing.com/search?q=beadlocks
Those are not bad looking wheels at all.
Rumpelhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:56 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: canada
Posts: 318
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

Well i saw u wrote ur gonna run xors heres the ones i have in 1.9 and 2.2 but both mounted on a 2.2 rim

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
jokersinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:59 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: canada
Posts: 318
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

I warn you dont buy narrow rims if ur running 2.2 XORs youll never get them mounted these are 2.5" wide. Even the 1.9s are 1.9" mounted

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
jokersinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:32 AM   #13
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Readsboro, VT
Posts: 1,455
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokersinsanity View Post
Well i saw u wrote ur gonna run xors heres the ones i have in 1.9 and 2.2 but both mounted on a 2.2 rim

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
What are those black rims?
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:18 AM   #14
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 4
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

I also run the SSD rock racers.
fluidking26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:22 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: canada
Posts: 318
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

2.2 kyx rims the hubs r removable but have different bolt pattern the the slw hubs

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
jokersinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:25 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: canada
Posts: 318
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

Lmao sorry i jist bought these not even a year ago and theyre unavailable now

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
jokersinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:03 AM   #17
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Maine
Posts: 63
Default Re: What wheels are you running?

Thanks for the input! I have a set of Insicion Methods for the Yeti, I think I will go SSDs on the bomber once I upgrade the motor train to an 8th scale system to match the Yeti.
Oxide80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



What wheels are you running? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
weighted wheels, what are you running? tnt-salvage Axial Wraith 4 06-23-2013 11:54 PM
what wheels are you running kakachille Vaterra Twin Hammers 12 03-18-2013 09:07 PM
What wheels and tires you guys running evolution21 Axial Wraith 28 02-14-2013 12:41 PM
Anyone running MSD Dyce wheels? Wild Snapper Tires and Wheels 0 12-21-2009 01:07 AM
Anybody running Landies scale wheels? F-150Highlift Tires and Wheels 2 09-17-2008 05:18 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com