Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: confused on Delux front axles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2018, 09:11 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default confused on Delux front axles.

I have a bent front axle and am going to replace them with the Delux axles but I run an open diff with 2.5 million cst fluid. I don't know exactly which set to get. What exactly is the difference is between the locker and the open diff style output shafts for the Delux Yeti front axles. The front end works great as is and I don't want to lock it but I also don't want to have front end failures because I bought the wrong axles.
Rumpelhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: confused on Delux front axles.

Contact Eric(k?) directly via here or the Dlux site. He helped me sort out a broken axle truss a while back. I’m sure he’s more than willing to sort you out; real good guy.
DeviledEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:12 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I don’t understand how you don’t know which ones to get? You run an open diff, get the open diff option.

The difference in the output shafts are that the open diff have a notch for the c-clip to hold the gears on and the locker has either flat spots or tho holes.
ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:47 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja turtle View Post
I don’t understand how you don’t know which ones to get? You run an open diff, get the open diff option.

The difference in the output shafts are that the open diff have a notch for the c-clip to hold the gears on and the locker has either flat spots or tho holes.
From their site concerning their axles
"Open diff setup is made for a true open diff. If using heavy oil or putty or anything else in the diff, you risk breakage".

This just made me a little nervous. I guess if the stockers held up this long I should be fine with the open diff style axles even with the heavy diff oil.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:23 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I’ve ran 2.5mil with no issues but it is a lot thicker then typical diff fluid. I don’t think you’ll have to worry but if the diff outputs did break I don’t think he’ll cover them as a warranty.

In the past he’s had problems with guys completely locking up the diff with jb weld or epoxy or something like that and he keep giving them replacements. I’m not saying they were lying about what they were using but it took a while before they told him exactly what they were doing. The design of the open diff outputs are a little weaker then the locker style.
ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:12 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Let us know if you go with the open diff versions and how they install, durability etc.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
byrnieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:12 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Well upon further investigation it would seem that I had the 94mm axles instead of the 92mm which probably explain why they bent.
In light of this I got a set of the correct Axial parts. We'll see how these hold up.
I may try a set of the Dlux axles down the road just because I can't resist spending money on this car.

confused on Delux front axles. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delux transmission inserts! snapon boy General Scale Talk 1 05-18-2016 02:50 PM
Hell-belly Delux chevysucks Axial Wraith 4 03-21-2012 03:39 PM