Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: front diff O ring?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2019, 10:19 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default front diff O ring?

ok this really feels like a dumb newbie question, but since i have no fear of sounding as dumb as i look, im going to ask anyway....

the four 4.6x1mm Orings that go on the inside and outside of the diff case opening...do they serve any other purpose than to seal the diff?

I am in the process of adding HPI hardened spider gears on my basher, and i cannot find one of the o rings. I use Vanquish blue greese in my diff so leaking isnt a concern. but i cannot help but wonder if the rings also act as spacers for the spiders.

does anyone know if you can assemble it and have it work properly without the orings? or i supose with just 3 or perhaps 2 for balance?
Rockwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: front diff O ring?

i am ordering some either way guys, but if it will work fine without, that is 3 days im bashing the yard Yeti style, not sitting by the mailbox!
Old 01-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Never tried it. But i think they give little support for the outputs, beside sealing.
If the outputs turn stable without. give it a try.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:02 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i ended up finding an O-ring of simular diameter (though much wider) in my parts boxes. So i ended up splitting it in two with a new razor blade. once assembled everything seemed to mesh up fine and work properly...as far as i can tell anyway!

so im thinking im good until the next time i have the front end apart when ill install the proper O-rings that i ordered yesterday.

not that too many people really cared about this, i still like to follow through with what ive asked and explain what or how i did.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:00 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

this might be the problem with a yeti that belongs to my supervisor at work.
he said he shreds gears on stock electronics (RTR) every time he gets it fixed it happens again.

i keep telling him to bring it to me and i'll tear it apart to see whats what. its been over a year lol
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:38 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

well, as your boss exemplified, some people lack even basic common sense. putting things back together the same way after several disasters makes no sense! he should at least let you have a look! but i can say with some certainty now, that the orings definitely do more than just seal the diff!

front diff O ring? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Front Diff to use as Rear Open Diff ongbenghui Vaterra Twin Hammers 5 03-02-2017 12:54 PM
Diff ring gear DaveGT Tamiya CR-01 0 10-23-2016 05:58 AM
independent front suspension and front diff build canadian scx10 Axial SCX-10 1 02-13-2011 07:52 PM
need a strong diff ring gear vtek Venom Creeper 2 04-07-2010 05:37 AM
Diff ring/pinion gear ratio? tetracanth Tamiya TLT Crawlers 2 01-06-2010 12:16 PM