Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Back after a 5 years trying to cacth up Yeti son Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2019, 08:06 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Back after a 5 years trying to cacth up Yeti son Project

Okay I have tried to cruise through the site and look up a few as to get my head back in the game. Things change so fast sometimes. Last year I bought my Son a Yeti RTR even though I had sold off all my cars parts etc (dumb move on my part) Well he played with it back and forth but is now really wanting to get more into it, as My Other Son Just got a Bomber RTR for his Bday. I figure I will get a Wraith Kit for myself soon but back on Topic. SO The yeti Come off the Shelf as he really hadn't run it that much anymore. Did a walk through on it still solid Considering it was a RTR and I have never bought a RTR for myself. However the Stock Shocks are shot. I was looking at he Pro Line 6275-00 for the rear and the 6063 with the 6063-05 kit for the front. I am assuming people run this? and what do you think over all? I'm going to start upgrading both the Bomber and the Yeti for my kids first. Also Was looking at the Duce Foams everyone says to run? but I'm gonna want new Rims. for this. I keep hearing that most rims don't fit wring or narrow the track width? and I am confused? I haven't taken the rims off but Do they not mount the same way? as others? Decent set of Alloy Beadlocks new tires then get into the Arms and other Breaking parts I should address. COuld use some advice on if that is a good shock set up to fix the blown Axial Shocks, and then an explanation of the rim difference?

Thanks

Dave back into the world of Crawlers I come but my 1:1 rig is sucking most of my Money up as it is
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2019, 01:02 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Back after a 5 years trying to cacth up Yeti son Project

I still use the kit shocks (ICON) on my little monster but i rebuild them with the traxxas shock rebuild kit and green slime.
I tried the proline rear shocks but on my surface they don't work well for me with the included spring options, i use them now on my other yeti (little Frankenstein )

As i read here in several thread others are happy with your mentioned proline setup. hope that helps a little.
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote

Back after a 5 years trying to cacth up Yeti son Project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back after 4 years kincer Traxxas TRX-4 81 02-08-2019 09:13 AM
Back into R/C after 25 years... Capt J-rod Newbie General 11 03-27-2018 09:44 AM
Getting back into RC after 6 years strap624 Mega/Monster Trucks 9 06-21-2017 08:00 PM
Getting back into R/c after 8 years- get a wraith? strap624 Axial Wraith 15 08-29-2011 08:28 PM
After 3 years, I'm back lol mtm Redcat Crawlers 19 07-29-2010 09:27 PM