Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: the fugly yeti

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2019, 11:46 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default the fugly yeti

i kinda screwed up and picked up a extremely ugly yeti roller from ebay theres almost no information in the description snd it looks beat but its cheaper than building 1 new axle so why snot ill figure some thing out to do with it pics when i get it in my hands
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2019, 11:38 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: the fugly yeti

i ordered a newbright raptor body for this rig ill need to make some custom trailing arms and pick up a longer driveshaft im hoping to run some 1.9 tires and wheels if not ill go with some short course truck tires im hoping to build scale raptor/dune runner/desert truck more of a go fast then a crawler
Old 09-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

this rig arived today its not nearly as bad as i thought it was just muddy most of the rig looks brand new it just has some horable paint all over it the a arm pins were both bent and it had extra long rod ends on one of the upper turnbuckles but theres almost no scratches on it anywere not even were i would exspect there to be like the bottom of 5he axle or the front skid plate
heres what came in the box

the white paint is some kind of peel off rubber paint it sticks good and comes off clean

the cage which is all i could realy make out in the listing

the paint on the cage is realy bad it dosent look to bad in the pics but its bad however the cage itself is in great shape

i cleaned it up alittle then tore it apart the raptor body isent here yet so just to get a idea of what it.was gona look like i set the dodge body on it and the wheel base is a perfict match lol and the width is good too

when the new body gets here ill statt a new thread in the large scale section im not sure what im gona do with the old body and cage yet but ill figure something out lol

Last edited by ferp420; 09-11-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

That doesn't look nearly as bad as you first described it! I gotta run my Yeti again. I just haven't had the chance to get out to the Dirt track to run it.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
That doesn't look nearly as bad as you first described it! I gotta run my Yeti again. I just haven't had the chance to get out to the Dirt track to run it.
i know right a good wash did wounders for it the ebay pics were horable but figured there would be some usable parts on it but from what it looks like as of right now i can use everything i almost want to keep it a yeti but i dont ever use the big yeti so probably wont ever use this one i have a fully i dependent short course wraith and i hardly ever take it out so i figured ill build a scaller i might toss some electronics in it and take it for a spin before i completely tear it down

the body looks red in the pics but looks pink in person adding to the uglyness i think they used crapie paint and its flaking off already so it should be easy to clean upnif i ever decide to do anything with it
Old 09-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

well i striped it down and this is all im gona use from this rig

on to the build in the large scale section
Old 09-26-2019, 11:44 AM   #7

Curious to see where this is going...
braytonia is offline   Reply With Quote

the fugly yeti - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Captain Fugly Chodey24 2.2 Scale Rigs 5 01-03-2013 07:35 PM
Cameron's new fugly buggy. chip cross Chit Chat 61 10-28-2011 10:35 AM
did someone try to make the most fugly production body possible? username Paint and Body 33 03-18-2009 05:17 PM
PARMA? Interestingly Fugly Skeeno Paint and Body 23 01-10-2009 12:01 PM
Fugly 6x6 hairba11 HPI Wheely King 6 12-23-2007 09:42 AM