Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Anyone try to convert this to race sct?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2019, 01:56 AM   #1

Default Anyone try to convert this to race sct?

Just curious if anyone has successfully modified one of these things to try to race like an sct? I'm assuming it's probably not the most capable rig, but it's what I've got..and I'm trying to figure out if I should bother, or just look for a cheap roller.

I've got an sct10 max / 3300kv motor in this, and it'll seemingly haul ass, right around 43mph if I remember..but she's got no traction on a dirt oval that I want to race on. I noticed these wheels on these things look weird. Can I just throw on any sct wheel and go for it..or

if you've successfully gotten one of these into racing condition, like sct style..what'd you do?
Exalted85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2019, 07:28 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Anyone try to convert this to race sct?

SCT wheels will fit, they were on the Yeti Score truck & on the Exo buggy which is the Yeti front end.
The SCT wheels will be shorter & have less side wall too compared to the big crawler tires which will make it handle better.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:43 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Anyone try to convert this to race sct?

the yeti score truck is basicly the same rig with a trophy truck body and short course truck wheels theres few threads about converting between the two

i put a new bright ford raptor body on mine and i love it i extended the rear end to match the bodys wheel base not a sct but more a fast scaler
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote