Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: linkage end and balls

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2019, 02:08 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default linkage end and balls

Question on the linkage ends and the plastic "balls".
The plastic ball as a larger flat surface at one end,in the manual this larger flat end is always shown at the bottom. This seems ok when its between 2 components BUT when 1 side as a nut should the larger flat surface be on top, this would hold the link end on if it popped,the 3mm button head bolt is small and not hold it on.

there have been several mistakes and issues with the manual AND a few bolts missing and short,the most annoying m4 x 12mm allens for motor mount
Gazzalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2019, 09:04 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: linkage end and balls

there were alot of issues at axial when the parent company went out of bankrupt the quality control sliped alittle we had a hard time getting anything axial

your right on the ball ends but you should buy metal ones or just get metal links with ends axial had the worst links and balls but even the new links will have the same basic style balls
the metal ball ends are a cheap patch but wont make up for the wet noodle like links they do have aluminum plates to reinforce the stock rear links
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Can not find the metal balls you mention. Are these Axial or after market. Not many stockists in the UK for upgrades etc.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:14 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzalene View Post
Can not find the metal balls you mention. Are these Axial or after market. Not many stockists in the UK for upgrades etc.
i dont remeber what they call them but axial dose make them and so dose many other companys ssd comes to mind hes on your side of the pond it shouldent be to exspensive to buy from him he is also on this forum so you can contact him on here or buy them anywere they should have them local i think he makes rear trailing arms for the yeti also
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:39 AM   #5

I don't like metal rod ends nor 1-piece links because once they wear out, you need to replace the whole thing.

The plastic Axial rod ends aren't great, so as they wear, I'd replace them with Traxxas Jato rod ends. The Jato rod ends are similar to the Revo rod ends that everybody likes, except longer. They're long enough that you can trim them down to be exactly the size you need to replace the Axial rod ends. They're very strong, and they don't get sloppy as fast as the Axial rod ends. Plus, unlike the metal ones, they're cheap and easy to replace when they do get worn.
Jim85IROC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:17 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I will have to look up SSD after this post.
I had a look on ebay last night,before I read todays posts! I ordered some Traxxas plastic rod ends and metal balls.
Its a pack of 16, 12 long and 4 short. Did not see JATO mentioned anywhere,so I et I have got the wrong ones!!
Never mind the balls are metal so must be a bit better? I will use them where they seem to match.
I have to keep stopping the build while I aquire parts,the most annoying thing so far is the amount of missing bolts and I have no m3 button heads.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #7

Axial plastic balls do suck. One of my pet peeves. Their link ends aren't much better. Traxxas does have the best rod ends.

Hot Racing has metal balls if you just want to get those and they're much cheaper than Axial's metal balls.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

linkage end and balls - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reworked front end in aluminum. Now with fastback style rear end. Plush Axial Wraith 7 01-03-2018 12:04 AM
Jato Rod End - odd balls? mikebecher General Crawlers 8 04-21-2016 06:39 PM
rod end balls - alternative materials? subtlefly Axial SCX-10 0 08-21-2015 07:33 AM
shock end balls?? panama G-Made Crawlers 0 11-26-2011 09:02 PM