Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Wheel and servo saver question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2019, 04:05 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Wheel and servo saver question

Nearing the completion of the Yeti build. Had a few issues which you guys have helped with.
I have a couple now, Wheels , I read that the kit wheels do not hold the tyres well.not sure about that yet BUT I have found the wheel plastic the worst in the kit,i have 2 or 3 on each wheel that will not tighten down. My funds are limited so can anyone recommend some wheels that are not expensive to look at? if you could give several options because I would like to buy in the UK if possible or the easiest to get online.
Lastly there is a lot of slop/play in the steering around the servo saver mostly. I have read about delrin spacers BUT do not understand what they do. If they are even for slop. Is there a way to LOCK the saver? I will not be rock crawling so jamming the steering is no rear problem.If the servo gets hammered so be it.thanks
Sorry lastly, there is a compartment with a lid opposite side to the servo,what is that intended for? Can I put a separate BEC in there?
Gazzalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wheel and servo saver question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzalene View Post
Nearing the completion of the Yeti build. Had a few issues which you guys have helped with.
I have a couple now, Wheels , I read that the kit wheels do not hold the tyres well.not sure about that yet BUT I have found the wheel plastic the worst in the kit,i have 2 or 3 on each wheel that will not tighten down. My funds are limited so can anyone recommend some wheels that are not expensive to look at? if you could give several options because I would like to buy in the UK if possible or the easiest to get online.
Make sure the tire is seated correct and all surface is clean, and that you tiden the screws in a cross pattern. I put the tires with foams and inner ring in the fridge for 30-60min before mounting. Other wheels too many options and flavors you can find cheap ones on ebay from china. I run SSD Rock Racer 2.2. You have to mention that you need different hubs for front and rear on the yeti.

Quote:
Lastly there is a lot of slop/play in the steering around the servo saver mostly. I have read about delrin spacers BUT do not understand what they do. If they are even for slop. Is there a way to LOCK the saver? I will not be rock crawling so jamming the steering is no rear problem.If the servo gets hammered so be it.thanks
The spacer is to give the servo saver spring more force. There are several options i use a hot racing adj. version. cause for bashing rock racing i want the saver aktive and for crawling i want it locked.

Quote:
Sorry lastly, there is a compartment with a lid opposite side to the servo,what is that intended for? Can I put a separate BEC in there?
It's for the Servo of the 2-speed option, if you don't use it, you can put in what you want
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:

The spacer is to give the servo saver spring more force. There are several options i use a hot racing adj. version. cause for bashing rock racing i want the saver aktive and for crawling i want it locked.

So the spacer as to be the same dia as the spring AND the same hole size as the spring? How deep/thick does the spacer need to be?
Gazzalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 12:36 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yes the spacer has to fit above the spring. Thikness depents how stiff you want it to make. Never tried it but i would start with 1mm and then go up maybe you find some shims that fit.
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:27 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

on the yeti the first thing to hit anything is the front wheels and usaly hits fast so the servo dose take a beating so the servo saver is a must the slop in the steering is part of the servo saver yetis are just sloppy the best fix is electronic with a gyro of some sort if your controler dosent have one built in you can buy it seperatly or just learn to drive it for reals
you can clean up the sloppy front end with some upgrade parts they just cost money the wheels use some super glue just a few drops around the bead not enuff to glue the entire bead just enuff to reinforce the bead and you should be good

if you want fast you might be better off with some quality plastic wheels the aluminum wheels will be harder on your drivetrain at speed
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wheel and servo saver question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
servo exploded today....and servo saver? SinCity Axial SCX-10 10 01-18-2011 08:20 AM
Question for your RC18 guys RE: Servo Saver >> patrick_b Chit Chat 16 03-13-2007 10:20 AM
4-wheel steer and servo wiring question Numbchux Electronics 10 01-19-2007 09:33 PM
Servo Saver for large scale servo.. Lunchboxer Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 1 05-11-2006 10:17 AM