Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Standard shock question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2020, 07:17 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Standard shock question

This is my first build of a model this size.
I am using the kit shocks and springs.
Reading a couple of posts here I went with 30wt oil at front and 40wt at rear.
Now the build is getting finished and heavier I can see the front sags under weight and when dropped does damp.
The rear however does not seem to sag much AND when dropped from same height bounces rather than damp.
The model is going to be run on mainly flat with no climbing.

Also the manual shows a "tuning" option using 2 piston rings which can be tuned. This sounds a better system so why is this not used as standard OR is it a "gimmick"?
Gazzalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2020, 07:32 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Standard shock question

The kit did not suggest the oil W ? Asking because a truck i'm building the blueprints call out 50W.

I see the lighter W oils suggested, keeping that in mind. But I will start with the manufactures spec first.

That said have you tried to adjust the springs up front, add some more pressure, or resistance, raising the rebound hight?

Springs set the hight, the shock will still dampen at the same rate.

pep

Last edited by JacktheRipper; 01-12-2020 at 07:35 AM.
JacktheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:41 AM   #3
RCC Addict

@Gazzalene you just have opened 12 single threads in the Yeti section clustering it.
Could you pls open one build thread and post your questions there. Makes it easier also for you to find your q+a at one place.

Front is easy to setup blue axial springs with 700 cst oil, rear depends on more parameters good starting point is 500cst oil and play with spring rates. Could be found in many build threads.
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:20 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Magic Yeti, Thanks for the great help.
I did not know it was rude to post often. As for cluttering up the forum ,get a life. does it really effect anyone? Only you,you must have OCD or be like a old woman.
No moderator as contacted me only you.
Lots of others have probably seen my posts and thought not him again BUT then realised I am new to the hobby and the forum.
To be honest Yeti this section does not get much traffic anyway,the yeti is old news.
What I will do is leave you to keep the forum neat and tidy and get a life and I will find another forum with less old Frau`s on it.
Gazzalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:06 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I found nothing offensive in his post suggesting that it would be easer for us to help you by keeping all of your build thread concise, we can help by tracking your progress and offering any help and suggestions.

However your response was nothing but rude, sorry you may have just lost volumes of insight from the rest of us who have a vast combined knowledge and helpful tips, I know that you have lost mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzalene View Post
Magic Yeti, Thanks for the great help.
I did not know it was rude to post often. As for cluttering up the forum ,get a life. does it really effect anyone? Only you,you must have OCD or be like a old woman.
No moderator as contacted me only you.
Lots of others have probably seen my posts and thought not him again BUT then realised I am new to the hobby and the forum.
To be honest Yeti this section does not get much traffic anyway,the yeti is old news.
What I will do is leave you to keep the forum neat and tidy and get a life and I will find another forum with less old Frau`s on it.
8000ft is offline   Reply With Quote

Standard shock question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Standard VS Lightweight axle Question Paul97 RC4WD Bully 22 03-15-2010 08:50 AM
SCX10 standard kit version question ericinMD Axial SCX-10 2 01-10-2010 11:38 AM
not standard brushless slash question p3ripperfw Non Crawler RC's 26 05-02-2009 02:30 PM
2.2 standard or narrow question minor_threat Tires and Wheels 4 03-18-2009 10:22 AM