Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Broke frame 1st drive after rebuild (Yeti Score)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2021, 11:57 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Broke frame 1st drive after rebuild (Yeti Score)

I broke my frame or I mean chassis on the first drive after completely rebuilding and restoring my Yeti Score.
Rebuilt it twice after that, once with the diff. gears reversed so I had to take it all apart again.

There isn't much of the build you can't see except the hardened gearsets etc. But it's a combination of GPM/Vanquish&Hot Racing. There are still some parts I want to get while I can

Goes about 30mph maybe a bit faster using a 4000kv Hobbywing combo and 3s + a big Savox steering servo. I drive more open areas, dirt, and natural jumps things like that.

It didn't just break the frame it also snapped from the rear 4 screws of the front differential.

The best thing I could find to keep from happening again (i havnt upgraded the diff housing yet but THAT) and also a Raiden skidplate off Amazon and it's slick.

Plus when you drive it you can hear the rocks pinging off the chassis! Sounds cool.
So for now it's back together and survived its second first run lol. Never see the rtr green bodies for sale anymore what's gooodd

Last edited by Mountainsofbeer; 08-22-2021 at 01:39 PM.
Mountainsofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2021, 05:21 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Broke frame 1st drive after rebuild (Yeti Score)

I believe Proline used to make a few bodies that fit the Yeti Score wheelbase, those are all long gone it seems. There was a raptor and possibly another https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies...-body-yeti.asp

I looked into bodies not to long ago and didn't come up with anything.

I have one of the retro score bodies but I'm waiting till I've fully shredded my RTR body before I use it. If you do find a body the cage pieces are very hard to find with some pieces being nowhere to be found. I started checking Ebay for used stuff and there are a few Yetis up there now and then but I dont really want to buy one to strip it for parts, in the end I'll want to restore the donor car too.

I suppose if your okay shortening the wheelbase you could fit Slash bodies.

I still love the way my Score drives, its a pretty unique driving experience compared to my other bashers.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 08-22-2021 at 05:27 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 05:33 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yes it's really fun to drive today was first time in a few years! Well not counting the other 'first' when I broke it in half heh

It actually shredded the pinion and bent an axle, but that's easy enough to fix. I actually bent the axle straight enough to use another time.

It's interesting to see the yeti was the first TT then gets bought by competition and it's over.

I almost bought the new super baja rey2, wow it's cool and seems to drive really scale as well.
I have enough spare parts to keep my Yeti alive for a few years with occasional use, here we go!

Last edited by Mountainsofbeer; 08-22-2021 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-22-2021, 05:58 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Yeah I was tempted by the Super Baja Rey, I dont think I need any other tire shredders though. I was just looking at the 1/10 scale Baja Rey and its wheelbase is pretty close, 14.2" (Yeti) vs 14.6" (Baja) though mine looks closer to 4.6"

I'm not sure how this body would be secured though seeing as its normally mounted to the Baja Rey's cage. Ideally the cage would be integrated.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 08-22-2021 at 06:01 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 06:24 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Yeah I was tempted by the Super Baja Rey, I dont think I need any other tire shredders though. I was just looking at the 1/10 scale Baja Rey and its wheelbase is pretty close, 14.2" (Yeti) vs 14.6" (Baja) though mine looks closer to 4.6"

I'm not sure how this body would be secured though seeing as its normally mounted to the Baja Rey's cage. Ideally the cage would be integrated.
I bet with some cutting/splicing you could get the actual cage to work. I think it's wider as well which is a harder thing to fix
Old 08-22-2021, 10:24 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Wow, I forgot this thing existed! From the time when Axial stuff needed everything upgraded. Maybe stick it on a shelf?
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 05:37 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Well speaking of the shelf, I think the only way to stop driving the Yeti TT as much is to have other options But I wouldn't want another trophy truck experience I already have it.

Ok ok.. Kyosho Mad Van 2, the new brushless model has a sweet painted body. And it's not a sct or TT it's just a cool truck to drive and do wheelies. Plus it's more scale than other vehicles like that

Dreams for now.. at least my crawlers still work and have support

Last edited by Mountainsofbeer; 08-23-2021 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:56 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

https://youtu.be/fm87aJe_55k

^^^ Video. I'll try something more dynamic next time :p

Broke frame 1st drive after rebuild (Yeti Score) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yeti to yeti score conversion what parts do i need chino rc Axial Yeti 2 12-21-2018 11:03 AM
Yeti Score Truck to Yeti Conversion jeb. Axial Yeti 2 07-25-2016 05:58 PM
Need some help on a brake line frame I got, it broke mtgrizzlymn Tools, and Procedures 6 05-25-2013 12:27 AM
Broke my drive shaft again again Tuono_dk Axial SCX-10 10 09-15-2012 01:56 PM