Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Axles, Trannys, T-case

Notices

Thread: DLUX Berg axle parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #21
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka child View Post
Hey Erik hope you're good man? just back from travelling for work and catching up on things, any thoughts on when the axle tubes might be available? I know you mentioned you were doing these yourself with no CNC machine and wanted to build up some stock ready for a run, not chasing just figured i'd touch base

Cheers,
Darren
Thanks for asking Darren.

I am working on the first batch. I hope to have them done tomorrow night. They are a small batch however. I hope I know what I got myself into So, the first couple will be ready and then I will have to work on the rest. As you mentioned, I am doing these all manually so they take me a really, really long time for each set. If you dont get in on the first batch please have patience with me knowing that I am working hard on getting them done. I will keep everybody updated regularly on the status.

I will work on getting them in the store and up for sale tomorrow afternoon. I hope to have these ones that I am working on, done by tomorrow night and the first couple should ship Wed morning.

Dont worry about chasing me or bothering me. I would much rather if people PM me or post up like you did asking for a status update. I know I go crazy wondering what my goods are up to and if the slacker is working on them.

Again, look for them in the store tomorrow afternoon. When the dust settles I will post up and estimate a wait time.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Just want to let you know dlux you are one of the best for kepping people updated and alwasy get the products out in a timely manner thanks for all you put into your products it definitely shows.

P.S. you should look into doing chassis and shafts then we wouldn't have to go any were else and wouldn't have to wait for mounths
whillinwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:35 AM   #23
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whillinwillys View Post
Just want to let you know dlux you are one of the best for kepping people updated and alwasy get the products out in a timely manner thanks for all you put into your products it definitely shows.

P.S. you should look into doing chassis and shafts then we wouldn't have to go any were else and wouldn't have to wait for mounths
Thanks for the good words.

Chassis and shafts are on the ever growing list of "to do". LOL. Going to get these tubes out of the way and then on to knuckle weights, then,... chassis and shafts.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #24
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Ok, game on with all the parts and tubes.

Here is some info to help along the way on the tubes and install on everything.
DLUX Berg axle parts

The tubes have proven themselves with zero issues on all the test cars. My only concern is with the servo mount. The servo mount is working great if you have a forward facing servo horn. If you have a rear facing servo horn then we have seen some flex. The attachment to the drag link is just too far back and has too much leverage. Even with a rearward facing servo horn it has not had an issue but I strongly suggest another mount to the case or something to firm it up.

Thanks again guys! I will be working hard to ship these out as soon as possible. Please expect to have a wait time. I will update the vendor thread with wait times as much as possible.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Does the $150 get you all 4 axle tubes?
Here.
http://dlux.ecrater.com/p/11944644/d...erg-axle-tubes
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #26
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
Does the $150 get you all 4 axle tubes?
Here.
http://dlux.ecrater.com/p/11944644/d...erg-axle-tubes
Yep,

$150 will get you tubes front/rear, rear lock outs, rear bearings, set screws, shock/link mounts.

The only thing it will not get you is the steering setup, rear weight holders and rear link mount.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #27
Wanna get? Gotta want.

It took me a bit longer to get every bodies stuff out than I thought. That is due to me changing things up at the last minute. I went ahead and added some more tubes into the first small batch to make it a much bigger batch So,... everybody that has ordered has been shipped!

I am going to start working on more tubes so I can just have them in stock and ready to go. This will take a couple of days but I foresee being able to stay ahead of the game and being able to ship the same or next day. We will see.

Thanks a ton for every bodies orders and support!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Just want to see when you will have the "TI drag link and tie rod - Used with Vanquish zero ackerman version only" up on your site. I am looking to place an order this weekend for a couple of your other products and would like to include this in the order.

jlsandkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #29
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsandkes View Post
Just want to see when you will have the "TI drag link and tie rod - Used with Vanquish zero ackerman version only" up on your site. I am looking to place an order this weekend for a couple of your other products and would like to include this in the order.

I decided not to put it up on the site after figuring out that people can put their servo in a bunch of different spots and change the length. I will need people to PM me for these and tell me the length of their drag link.

If you need a bunch of parts, you can PM me with what you need and I can send an invoice through Paypal.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #30
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Just added info to post #3 for some axle housing services

DLUX Berg axle parts
Old 08-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #31
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I have added this note to my no slop bushing page in my store.

"***IMPORTANT NOTE**
These may not work with your knuckles. There have been issues with approx 5% of people who have bought these. I CAN guarantee the tolerances of my bushings but cannot guarantee the tolerances of other vendors knuckles."

These bushings are working for 95% of all the people have bought them. There are a coulpe that are off though. I hope everybody can understand that there is nothing I can do to guarantee fitment other than the parts that I am giving you. Your existing parts tolerances are out of my control. I think I have sold close to 150 sets and I now know of 9 people who have had issues. Some can be worked through, some cannot.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #32
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I could use some input from you guys....

These no slop bushings are starting to drive me crazy. I have sold over 300 now and know of 10(?) people that have had issues so, the chance of your knuckles not working are slim but possible.

I am almost out of the Axial type and questioning if I even want to make anymore. I think they are making me look bad and honestly its such a low profit item that it is not worth my time dealing with the issues they can cause.

Should I re stock them knowing that there will be some that they will not work with? I just want to see everybody happy with their purchase and feeling like they got their monies worth.

See above for a better explanation.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:55 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

The bushings have been working great with my VP 8* knuckles. It is difficult to find a bolt that will fit through them, but they are well worth the effort. IIRC, I used the stock berg knuckle bolt.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:03 PM   #34
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Thats my dliemma. The 90% who they work for they are loving them. Obviously, the ones they dont work for are not too happy, LOL.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:29 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

So, some people with VP8*'s are having bad luck? Maybe VPs anodizer isn't very consistent....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #36
Wanna get? Gotta want.

None on the 8* that I know of. Its all about percentages though and I dont think as many have tried on those knuckles.

Maybe its the anodizing, who knows.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

I did have to shim my 8* knuckles to get some slop out...it was small, but enough to notice. It's all about being in the spirit of the hobby and being willing to make adjustments to make things work out...not jus pitching a fit! These bushings are a great products...and like Erik said...he can only guarantee the fitment and tolerances of his products.

Good job Erik...please keep making them!
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
I did have to shim my 8* knuckles to get some slop out...it was small, but enough to notice. It's all about being in the spirit of the hobby and being willing to make adjustments to make things work out...not jus pitching a fit! These bushings are a great products...and like Erik said...he can only guarantee the fitment and tolerances of his products.

Good job Erik...please keep making them!

X100 I'll agree. Erik you make a great product.
Monstergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

I agree iv not had one issue with any of the products iv put on my rig. Keep up the great work Erik.
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:32 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the awesome products as always keep up the great work!!

DLUX=BAMF !
MX70 is offline   Reply With Quote