Thread: Axial XR10 Stock Knuckle / Axle Weights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #241
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Axial XR10 Stock Knuckle / Axle Weights

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
Thanks for the reply.

There is only one set screw on mine. I just got them at the end of April so there not that old.

Edit: I'm running slw wheels btw

thats about when i decided to add another screw. if you are still having trouble i can drill and tap them for more set screws. since you had to grind them i'll repowdercoat while they're here.
Blue Monkey RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #242
RCC Addict

Thanks for the offer. I only lost 0.1oz on each side so it's no big deal. If you don't mind could you post a pic of where the set screw is on the other side and I can probably drill it out myself. Thanks again.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #243
I wanna be Dave

Matt, the USPS delivered my Blue Monkey knuckle weight system for VP knuckles and a Super Tuner Kit today. The amount of weights is impressive to say the least. The alignment tool puts the knuckle weight right were it has to go the tolerances are really close you'd have a hard time getting things right on without it. I wasn't sure what the smallest tool was for? I had to give the beadlock ring a little trimming and every thing is spinning smoothly. Do you recommend a little blue loctite on the screws?

I have to say they look killer installed subtle but interesting the black powder coat has a very nice visual effect. The other thing the guys are going to like is the amount of weights and the versatility with lots of placement options. I've got another weight system on the XR's rear axle that I can tell you right now that it will be replaced soon with a Blue Monkey System.

Personally I'm convinced I bought the best system currently available for my XR with VP knuckles. They look killer their high quality and a fantastic value, nice work sir.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #244
RCC Addict

I just placed an order for your XR-10 weights and tuner weights.

I have been lurking around on the fence for a while but now I finally feel like giving up with the wheel weights.

Your system looks like the best product for the price.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #245
Rock Crawler

sorry guys i'm just getting back from a beach vacation with my family. i needed to do a little salt water product testing and some research on what happens if you get behind the wheel of an RC crawler after several beers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
Thanks for the offer. I only lost 0.1oz on each side so it's no big deal. If you don't mind could you post a pic of where the set screw is on the other side and I can probably drill it out myself. Thanks again.
no prob. i'm taking pics soon and i'll snap one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Matt, the USPS delivered my Blue Monkey knuckle weight system for VP knuckles and a Super Tuner Kit today. The amount of weights is impressive to say the least. The alignment tool puts the knuckle weight right were it has to go the tolerances are really close you'd have a hard time getting things right on without it. I wasn't sure what the smallest tool was for? I had to give the beadlock ring a little trimming and every thing is spinning smoothly. Do you recommend a little blue loctite on the screws?

I have to say they look killer installed subtle but interesting the black powder coat has a very nice visual effect. The other thing the guys are going to like is the amount of weights and the versatility with lots of placement options. I've got another weight system on the XR's rear axle that I can tell you right now that it will be replaced soon with a Blue Monkey System.

Personally I'm convinced I bought the best system currently available for my XR with VP knuckles. They look killer their high quality and a fantastic value, nice work sir.

sweet! thanks for the feedback!!

we have not had issues with screws backing off. the set screws are 10mm for most of the weight systems and the stock/aluminum XR10s uses one 10mm and one 8mm per side.

we've also never had issues with add-on weight screws backing off.

i'm not saying don't use locktite as it would be good insurance.

may i also suggest intentionally damaging the threads (on the inner part of the weight). if you can ding up the threads a little it will act like a thread locker with less mess than locktite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
I just placed an order for your XR-10 weights and tuner weights.

I have been lurking around on the fence for a while but now I finally feel like giving up with the wheel weights.

Your system looks like the best product for the price.

you will not be disappointed. i got your message and will make sure you get the VP knuckle weights instead of the stock XR weights.

wheel weights suck when compared to knuckle weights.

to all: switching to knuckle weights is kinda like turning your crawler from a fat lion into a lean cheetah. both do the same thing but one does it quicker and with more finesse... using less energy. even if you don't buy BMRC weights you have no idea what you are missing rotating all that weight.

DLUX and VP make some sweet looking weights and i'm sure there are others as well.

i've been really slacking lately on pictures lately. i friggin hate pictures. this week i promise to get the VP Wraith knuckle weights and the VP incision weights on the website... really, i mean it this time!

i've also got a few other products to add like titanium links for wraith and XR-10 made in the same pattern as my kick-ass delrin links. the titanium links which have been in the works for over 6 months now will be way less expensive than any other links on the market. i'm not 100% sure why other guys charge so much but we make them in-house so there is no middle-man markup. one of our partner companies has a good hookup for TI rod which doesn't hurt either
Old 07-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #246
I wanna be Dave

I cant wait to get my Blue Monkey VP XR-10 weights in . I got my tracking number yesterday .

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #247
RCC Addict

Got the weights drilled and tapped. No need to take extra pics on my account
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #248
Rock Crawler

glad to hear. i took the pic i'll just save it in case someone else needs it.

the VP incision and wraith knuckle weights are now on the website:

VP Knuckle Weights
Old 07-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #249
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Monkey RC View Post
glad to hear. i took the pic i'll just save it in case someone else needs it.

the VP incision and wraith knuckle weights are now on the website:

VP Knuckle Weights
Oh yes and I got mine yesterday . All I can say is thank you these are the Sh!t !!
check them out on my new 2.2s rig .
Badd's 2.2s say what ?
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #250
I wanna be Dave

Got them! Love them! Very nice stuff sir!!!
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #251
Rock Crawler

the monkeys have been working hard this month to build a huge supply of weight systems. every base system and add-on weight kit is currently in stock and ready to ship. VP wraith knuckle weight systems are red hot and are harder to keep around but we're keeping up.

many thanks for your orders. keep `em coming

be sure to check out our new lineup of titanium steering and suspension links!
Old 05-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #252

Just got mine can someone help me with fit it doesn't seem like they fit all the way on the knuckle it seems like they wobble and you need to tighten set screws just right for them to balance correctly and sit flat. .. anybody please help I have stock knuckles on xr10 thanks!
polcyn1030 is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial XR10 Stock Knuckle / Axle Weights - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial XR10 Knuckle weights Erik D_lux Axles, Trannys, T-case 80 09-11-2013 09:39 AM
Stock/Axial style knuckle weights--Gauging interest Erik D_lux Axial XR10 22 04-30-2012 11:30 AM
Axial XR10 knuckle weights are shipping! Erik D_lux Axial XR10 3 03-21-2011 11:56 AM