Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Axial XR10 Stock Knuckle / Axle Weights

thanks !
cyprinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

any updates on slw compatable weights? i now have narrowed stock xr10 wheels an a set of slws. hoping to get knuckle weights that work with both.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:05 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
any updates on slw compatable weights? i now have narrowed stock xr10 wheels an a set of slws. hoping to get knuckle weights that work with both.

we are working on the prototype TODAY as well as a complete set of wraith weights and weights for the stock XR10 wheels.

there will be 3 different weights for axial. while the wraith knuckles are the same the wheel weights are NOT.

jebster, your application may require a little more thinking. what size hubs are you using? can you send me a pic of the SLWs mounted? if the SLWs stick out (technical term) wider than the XR10 wheels then you may be able to use the weights for stock wheels.
Blue Monkey RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:19 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlrKing View Post
Hello Cutthroat !
I'm the guy from France but can't show up my build as I'm still waiting for my axles and my damned esc but soon. Was anybody able to test the rear weights with vanquish lockouts ?
As soon as I'll get mine, I'll post to show them...
we just got in a set of VP lockouts.

the rear weights will NOT work with vanquish lockouts. i'm redesigning them to work with both. anyone having trouble getting their rear weights to work with vanquish lockouts will be given a new set free of charge.

i hope to have these new rear weights ready for shipment tuesday/wednesday (1/25).

thanks for helping me out guys. keep the questions coming. unlike most vendors i'm very green when it comes to RC crawling but i can design and manufacture parts better than the best of them... IN THE USA!!!!!!

Last edited by Blue Monkey RC; 01-22-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutthroat 4x4 View Post
we are working on the prototype TODAY as well as a complete set of wraith weights and weights for the stock XR10 wheels.

there will be 3 different weights for axial. while the wraith knuckles are the same the wheel weights are NOT.

jebster, your application may require a little more thinking. what size hubs are you using? can you send me a pic of the SLWs mounted? if the SLWs stick out (technical term) wider than the XR10 wheels then you may be able to use the weights for stock wheels.
i was thinking that if you have a set that has an O.D. compatable with the slw it would also fit inside my narrowed stock xr10 wheels. if the width (how far it sticks out relative to the knuckle) works with stock xr10 wheels then it would work with my narrowed an slw wheels. it might lose a little weight on the knuckle but it does give me flexibility. if i run the slw i can fit more rings (width). if i run my narrowed stock wheels i can put slugs in the wheels.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
i was thinking that if you have a set that has an O.D. compatable with the slw it would also fit inside my narrowed stock xr10 wheels. if the width (how far it sticks out relative to the knuckle) works with stock xr10 wheels then it would work with my narrowed an slw wheels. it might lose a little weight on the knuckle but it does give me flexibility. if i run the slw i can fit more rings (width). if i run my narrowed stock wheels i can put slugs in the wheels.

you're thinking is correct but you are forgetting the tabs that hold the wheel weights in the stock axial wheels. in order to run our new SLW friendly knuckle weights you will have to cut off those plastic tabs which = no more wheel weights.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
you're thinking is correct but you are forgetting the tabs that hold the wheel weights in the stock axial wheels. in order to run our new SLW friendly knuckle weights you will have to cut off those plastic tabs which = no more wheel weights.
do you have a measurement i could use to see if the tabs need to be cut off on my narrowed stock wheels? maybe how far from the front of the hub the knuckle extends out?

maybe what i'm looking for is a set of your stock wheel compatible knuckles with the outside diameter turned down to fit inside the slws.

ultimately i'll be getting a set to try but the more confident i am in it will work the better.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
do you have a measurement i could use to see if the tabs need to be cut off on my narrowed stock wheels? maybe how far from the front of the hub the knuckle extends out?

maybe what i'm looking for is a set of your stock wheel compatible knuckles with the outside diameter turned down to fit inside the slws.

ultimately i'll be getting a set to try but the more confident i am in it will work the better.

i'll try to get some pics/measurements tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

i've done a lot of R&D over the past few weeks. please be patient while i make final changes and take the time to shoot quality pictures.

i hope you guys like what you see.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

ok. looking forward to the new and improved product.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:05 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
we just got in a set of VP lockouts.

the rear weights will NOT work with vanquish lockouts. i'm redesigning them to work with both. anyone having trouble getting their rear weights to work with vanquish lockouts will be given a new set free of charge.

i hope to have these new rear weights ready for shipment tuesday/wednesday (1/25).

thanks for helping me out guys. keep the questions coming. unlike most vendors i'm very green when it comes to RC crawling but i can design and manufacture parts better than the best of them... IN THE USA!!!!!!
I was just wondering if the new vanquish compatible rear weights were ready Just before i order??
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

yes they are ready to ship. i just need to take pics which i will do this weekend.

the new style weights are not powdercoated FYI.

they will all be a tumbled finish.

message me your email addy and i'll send you a paypal payment request.

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeko View Post
I was just wondering if the new vanquish compatible rear weights were ready Just before i order??
Old 01-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder

a video of my xr10 with the weights
R.a.c.a xr10 UGC Viper IV - YouTube
cyprinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

sweet vid! thanks for posting it for me

I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for the help with suggestions and making my stuff fit all possible combos.

We have decided to branch off of Cutthroat 4x4 with a new company Blue Monkey RC.

I hope to have a live website next week.

We're also changing our entire product line based on community support and demand. More sales = more time I can devote to R&D and making products like they should be made... not just as cheaply as possible. The weights will fill out the wheel well better and suspension links will be rounded for gliding over rocks.

In addition we're adding a bunch of new parts starting with wraith and AX-10/SCX-10.

I am still working on photos of the new stuff and making final changes on a few things. I'm always open to new product ideas. Please be patient while i work on making everything come together. If you MUST HAVE a part shoot me a PM and I'll send you a payment request.

Here is a sneak preview:

[/CENTER]

Last edited by Blue Monkey RC; 03-09-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Just Ordered rear weight system can't wait

Cheers
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #56

The new links are sweet are you going to.make
them in alum also
Turn and burn mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:25 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

yes however the radius will be less than 1/2 the delrin radius.

the aluminum links will also have speed holes.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:24 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

any updates/pics of the updated xr10 knuckle weights?
Old 02-02-2012, 04:52 AM   #59
Rock Stacker

Who is handling customer service from folks that bought product from cutthroat 4X4 ?
Eric Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
Who is handling customer service from folks that bought product from cutthroat 4X4 ?
i am. i have already personally contacted the folks who bought the old links and offered the upgraded product free of charge.

the weights require more machining so i no longer blast and powdercoat the weight systems. some might say they do not look as good as the old generation so its not exactly apples vs. apples.

...its kind of like eating an apple with a few blemishes on the skin but the inside tastes way better than any other apple you have ever tasted.

i do have a few old systems left and i will keep them handy for any warranty issues.

Anyone calling my folks at Cutthroat 4x4 to ask for product info will be directed to me or they may try to help you. We are all still one big family and i have no plans to change that.

FYI i own Cutthroat 4x4

Quote:
any updates/pics of the updated xr10 knuckle weights?

updates, yes. its going slower than i hoped but making a lot of progress. i'm completely finished with the wraith weight systems and the xr10 rear VP compatible weight systems. i have multiple sets ready to ship. the xr10 (stock wheels AND SLW wheels) are still being tested/fitted/developed

pics? no. i absolutely suck at the whole process of taking professional pics, uploading pics and website work. i hate it all.

i'm always weeks ahead of what you see online so please PM me if you need something.

Last edited by Blue Monkey RC; 02-02-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Axial XR10 Stock Knuckle / Axle Weights - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial XR10 Knuckle weights Erik D_lux Axles, Trannys, T-case 80 09-11-2013 09:39 AM
Stock/Axial style knuckle weights--Gauging interest Erik D_lux Axial XR10 22 04-30-2012 11:30 AM
Axial XR10 knuckle weights are shipping! Erik D_lux Axial XR10 3 03-21-2011 11:56 AM