Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Axles, Trannys, T-case

Notices

Thread: Axial XR10 Stock Knuckle / Axle Weights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #101

Default Re: Axial XR10 Stock Knuckle / Axle Weights

What kind of price are you getting for the stock XR10 weights? I have stock knuckles and lockouts with VP SLW's the hubs are 475 upfront 600 out back. Did you decide on blue color?
Any info greatly appreciated.
SoddyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoddyCrawler View Post
What kind of price are you getting for the stock XR10 weights? I have stock knuckles and lockouts with VP SLW's the hubs are 475 upfront 600 out back. Did you decide on blue color?
Any info greatly appreciated.

right now i'm selling the fronts for $--, rears for $-- but that will likely go up when i finally get them on the website and get the bill for all this brass... my "PM me to pay" style of customer service is pretty crappy at the moment so i don't feel like i can justify charging full price until the service matches the product.

i'm also throwing in extra add-on weights in light of you guys trusting the new guy enough to paypal me money without seeing the finished product. and some of the first customers have been waiting 2 weeks to receive weight systems that i was just able to ship today.

moving forward... i am still waiting on some custom blue powder. its very hard to find blue in a satin or flat so its got to be ordered. but YES i will powdercoat them blue and offer an unfinished (unpowdercoated) weight for budget wheelers who don't care about a little tarnish.

the scaler scx10 knuckle weights may be painted black for a more stealthy look.

i'm still waiting on my brass blackener to come in to see how that looks.

Last edited by Blue Monkey RC; 04-10-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Blue Monkey RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

man them all look nice cant wait to get mine so i can get this truck up an going again
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Talking Re: Axial XR10 Stock Knuckle / Axle Weights

+1 hehe :P
CrawlrKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #105
RCC Addict

I have been a fan of your products since you have posted them.
Are you thinking of producing weights to work with the Vp knuckles. I know there are a few other people making them but seems like you could still really sell some.

keep up the great work.
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #106

Hello !

Your work seems very appreciated and look great !!!!

So let's trust you
elpizzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:55 AM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Monkey RC View Post
right now i'm selling the fronts for $75, rears for $50 but that will likely go up when i finally get them on the website and get the bill for all this brass... my "PM me to pay" style of customer service is pretty crappy at the moment so i don't feel like i can justify charging full price until the service matches the product.

i'm also throwing in extra add-on weights in light of you guys trusting the new guy enough to paypal me money without seeing the finished product. and some of the first customers have been waiting 2 weeks to receive weight systems that i was just able to ship today.

moving forward... i am still waiting on some custom blue powder. its very hard to find blue in a satin or flat so its got to be ordered. but YES i will powdercoat them blue and offer an unfinished (unpowdercoated) weight for budget wheelers who don't care about a little tarnish.

the scaler scx10 knuckle weights may be painted black for a more stealthy look.

i'm still waiting on my brass blackener to come in to see how that looks.
i decided to trust the new guy! you have a payment out there. can't wait to give these a shot.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:58 AM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
i decided to trust the new guy! you have a payment out there. can't wait to give these a shot.

thx
Old 02-23-2012, 05:19 AM   #109
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgerstandtx View Post
I have been a fan of your products since you have posted them.
Are you thinking of producing weights to work with the Vp knuckles. I know there are a few other people making them but seems like you could still really sell some.

keep up the great work.

thanks and yes i am. i put the design on hold for a few weeks until i catch up with everything else. i was getting a little ahead of myself; we already have knuckle weights for the scx-10/ax10, rear axle weights scx-10, knuckle weights for the losi crawler, rear axle weights for losi, knuckle weights for axial wraith and rear axle weights for wraith (which are the same as XR10). i just need to get the paint thing figured out and take a bunch of pics.

plus i was hoping to borrow a set of VP knuckles from some nice person on the forum in exchange for a weight system .

it gets expensive to R&D weights for all the different parts you guys use!!!

while i'm on the topic i could also use a set of bergs and VP berg knuckles

Last edited by Blue Monkey RC; 02-23-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #110
Pebble Pounder

i have paid , and now just have to wait i m realy pressed to try your new weight , i think they will be good for the CG .
cyprinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyprinhunter View Post
i have paid , and now just have to wait i m realy pressed to try your new weight , i think they will be good for the CG .
I'm also waiting for delivery
elpizzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

after you guys install the weight systems PLEASE let me know how you like them.

i especially want to hear any negative comments. i take criticism very well as i strive to have the best product not just now but many years from now.

thanks in advance.

-matt
Old 02-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #113
Pebble Pounder

No problem if i could help you i ll do !
cyprinhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #114
RCC Addict

I can't wait to see what you come up with. Very excited. You have been very easy to work with.
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #115
I wanna be Dave

i sure will matt. seems there prob wont be none cause you seem to be ontopm of things but if there is ill pm ya or ntext me a number an ill call ya
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
after you guys install the weight systems PLEASE let me know how you like them.

i especially want to hear any negative comments. i take criticism very well as i strive to have the best product not just now but many years from now.

thanks in advance.

-matt
got my weights today. love them. i am having one issue that is probably do to how i have my xr10 configured. getting some binding between the c-hub and the main inside weight (the large one). i'll try to get some pics up later.
outside of this they are great. work with both my vanquish wheels and my narrowed stock xr10 wheels.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

ok. got some pics. as i said i love the form and fit. i'm running my knuckles flipped with custom steering arms i made. i had to notch the steering arms a little so the knuckle weight clamp could slide back. beyond that they fit fine. the only issue is that the main weight hits the c-hub in one direction. in the last couple pics i drew in where i think the weights would need to be cut back to make it work.
Attached Images

Old 02-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

matt, could you pm me with suggestions on what i could do to modify the weight? i could take a hacksaw to it but they are so nice i hate to do that!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:50 AM   #119
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
matt, could you pm me with suggestions on what i could do to modify the weight? i could take a hacksaw to it but they are so nice i hate to do that!

OK... after beating my head into a wall i finally realized my mistake and that you are using stock wheels...

i should have sent you the main weights for use with stock and wraith wheels. they have the same obstruction that you marked on the weight but because the outer radius is a lot smaller they do not have to be pushed so far in to get the wheel to fit.

damn... i'm surprised you were able to get these to fit stock wheels at all .

so you have 2 choices... i can modify a set of those main weights to work with your setup OR i can switch your main weights to the stock weights (everything else is the same).

FYI the weight system for stock wheels do NOT weigh as much...

either way there will obviously be no charge to you and thanks again for the feedback... keep it coming! i'm still not listing the weight systems on the website until i'm 100% sure they are as universal as possible.

Last edited by Blue Monkey RC; 03-01-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
OK... after beating my head into a wall i finally realized my mistake and that you are using stock wheels...

i should have sent you the main weights for use with stock and wraith wheels. they have the same obstruction that you marked on the weight but because the outer radius is a lot smaller they do not have to be pushed so far in to get the wheel to fit.

damn... i'm surprised you were able to get these to fit stock wheels at all .

so you have 2 choices... i can modify a set of those main weights to work with your setup OR i can switch your main weights to the stock weights (everything else is the same).

FYI the weight system for stock wheels do NOT weigh as much...

either way there will obviously be no charge to you and thanks again for the feedback... keep it coming! i'm still not listing the weight systems on the website until i'm 100% sure they are as universal as possible.

i'm actually really happy with the flexibility i get with the set you sent me. i can use it with my slw or stock wheels. with the stock wheels i do have to remove the outer weight, but that's fine and i expected that. when i run the stock wheels it's because i'm running wheel weights so i don't need as much on the knuckle anyway.

so, if i have the option i'd probably just go with modifying the main weight you sent me to work with my set up. if you need me to send what i have back i'd be fine with that. i appreciate the awesome customer support! keep it up.

Axial XR10 Stock Knuckle / Axle Weights - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial XR10 Knuckle weights Erik D_lux Axles, Trannys, T-case 80 09-11-2013 09:39 AM
Stock/Axial style knuckle weights--Gauging interest Erik D_lux Axial XR10 22 04-30-2012 11:30 AM
Axial XR10 knuckle weights are shipping! Erik D_lux Axial XR10 3 03-21-2011 11:56 AM