Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Axles, Trannys, T-case

Notices

Thread: GCM Mount for SCX Front motor/trans and T-Case

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default GCM Mount for SCX Front motor/trans and T-Case

Hi all,
Over here at GCM we have had way too many calls to get a mount made up for the SCX trucks, to mount the motor and trans up front the way we did on our 4TEN leaf frame, and our CrossCanyon coil spring frame.

Here it is! And as you can see from the pics below, there's tons of room to spare all around!

This mount allows the simple switch from the center trans/motor to the front mounted trans/motor that all trucks should have. And on the ever popular SCX line of trucks, this is a very desirable feature.

There's a bit of method to this. First, in the way of instruction, you don't have to chop, cut or modify any of the frame components to make this work, you just add our mount. That's IT.
** This process listed below WILL move your body posts OUTward from the center by about 12mm on each side, though. If you are in the middle of building a truck, and don't have mount holes in the body, this is no problem, but if you are re-using an existing body, you will need new body post holes to make this work. It also requires a frame mounted servo, available also at GCM, and removal of the axle mounted servo bracket.**

Step 1: Remove shocks, and then Remove the shock towers, and take the left one, mounted the SAME WAY, but on the right side. Take the right side one, keeping the FWD leg to the front, and mount it on the left side. That's it.
Step 2: Re-install shocks into the REARward mount holes.
Step 3: Assemble the motor/trans on the new mount plate using the NEW plate as a replacement for the axial motor mount plate. That's it. Take off the stock plate, mount up the new plate, done.
Step 4: Slide the new mount, with trans and motor etc installed, right into the position as shown below, and insert the 4 new mount screws (provided) through the top tower at the FWD shock position and the lower front shock tower screw hole. DONE.
Step 6: Install your favorite GCM Transfer case in place of the stock center trans. It will directly fit to the 2 outside mount holes in the skidplate.
Step 7: re-install your center FWD and Rear driveshafts on the T-Case, and then add one more same length shaft to the T-Case up to the trans at the front.
Step 8: Email pics to all your buddies who told you it can't be done.

NOTES:
1: When using the RC4WD AX2 transmission, you must remove the servo bracket from the transmission and relocate to a custom location on your truck. A longer linkage will be required.

This mount will be at the gcmracing.ca store before Sept, 2012 and ready for sale. All hardware will be included.
Pricing and combo kits available here at the GCMRacing SCX section. You provide the extra center drive shaft required.

Everything sits low and looks great! Sure to please any custom builders using the SCX platform.

Your GCM Team,
Chris + Aaron

Last edited by Generis; 08-24-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Generis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
Tzi
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: GCM Mount for SCX Front motor/trans and T-Case

Good work... very neat!
Do you reckon theres enough room to squeeze the new RC4WD AX2 tranny in there?
Tzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Should, but won't know for sure until we get one.
Thanks
Old 08-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Thats awsome! I really like that option
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Here's some more pics of the final production units. I left it silver for these pictures to help show the positioning of everything. Hope that helps. All units are shipped in Black Anodize and not silver as shown.

I added 4 screw holes up top for M3 screws. This allows those of us who don't want body posts to add a bracket or another mounting option right to the motor plate. I'm sure it will come in handy.

Simple mounting. Use the shock tower screw holes, FWD top, and FWD bottom. Done. I recommend drilling out the plastic to 1/8 drill size to help get in the new screws. Much easier.

Still tons of room up front on these. The suspension travels full up and down, and full swing with no issues.

This picture below shows the body post holes moved on the stock honcho hood, thanks to the shock towers being flipped left to right.

Each mount comes with the needed 4 new screws for mounting and a BLACK anodized mount, not silver as shown.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Very cool and exactly what I need. When will your US Dealers such as RPP and TCS have it in inventory and how much is it?

Thanks!
Jon D.
spankbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

The USA dealerships will have to bring these in. So far they are only available at GCM on preorder here >>>at this link<<<
There's 2 versions available. The mount alone, and a full scaler upgrade mounts and T-Case combo kit.
Thanks

Last edited by Generis; 08-20-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Very nice. I ran this sort of AX10 Transmission setup on the GCM Cross Canyon chassis with a JK body. Excellent design and worked great. I am sure this will be the same.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Pre-ordered. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

We have added an option for the RC4WD AX2 transmission to mount up also. This can be selected in the options list for the item in our store at gcmracing.ca
Here's some pictures of the AX2 mounted on the truck.

PLEASE NOTE:
1: When using the RC4WD AX2 transmission, you must remove the servo bracket from the transmission and relocate to a custom location on your truck. A longer linkage will be required.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

That looks sweet Chris. Great work.
HillbillyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Got mine today. Looks great!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #13
Tzi
Quarry Creeper

What's the difference between the standard and 2-speed plate?
Old 08-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

There's differences in the plate where the trans mates to it. The axial has a smaller hole at the spur, and the bolt pattern for mounting is different. They are a direct bolt on for their specific type of trans.
Thanks
Old 08-31-2012, 03:18 AM   #15
RCC Addict

have you tried flipping the plate upside down? so that the motor and output shaft are down low and the spur is more to the top? hopefully you'll understand what im saying lol
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:41 AM   #16
Tzi
Quarry Creeper

Hmm maybe I should have waited to order. Oh well, I'll wait till it arrives then order the other one for comparison when I get some to stock
Old 08-31-2012, 04:20 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Demonoid, the motor and trans don't fit between the rails of a stock SCX unless its this way. That's the reason it's spur down.
Thanks
Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #18
RCC Addict

It's kind of hard to tell in the pictures, but is there enough room to run a 4-link, or will you need to run a 3 link/panhard setup up front?
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Here's a pic from above that shows off the space. There's TONS of room for a 4 link on the front axle. You can see the stock position top link in this pic, and there's a load of room above it, even when fully compressed I think there's another 3/8 inch of space above the stock setup.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Thanks for the confirmation, I need to take a few more measurements before I order.

Any idea of this will fit well under a NewBright 4dr Jeep JK body without having to hack up the interior?
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote

GCM Mount for SCX Front motor/trans and T-Case - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GCM Axial trans Front Mount Generis Axles, Trannys, T-case 8 12-06-2012 09:20 AM
hardware to mount VP trans case??? hatefulboy Axial Wraith 7 04-29-2012 03:39 PM
GCM T-case with remote motor/axial trans? bonks 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 04-06-2011 04:23 PM
GCM VENOM trans front mount Generis Axles, Trannys, T-case 1 03-26-2010 12:50 PM