Old 10-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #121
Quarry Creeper

Just put in an order! Thx
Stavin Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #122
RCC Addict

Default Re: RcBros Knuckle Weight System for VP XR10 and Wraith Knuckles

are the brackets for these to go on the 8 degree VP setup still in the works or ?
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #123

When will the knuckle weights be available?
xabs1582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #124
RcBros Hobbies

Weights back in stock in .125 and .25 fulls and halves!
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #125
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky3 View Post
are the brackets for these to go on the 8 degree VP setup still in the works or ?
Haven't been ignoring you, just trying to find a solution to a problem that really doesn't exist. I wanted to create spacer for these to offset the holder some more, however it seems its really not needed.

I'll let you guys decide. Below are 3 pictures showing the 8* version. You can see I have two button head screws holding the mount. they tighten very firmly with no play in the holder. The screws sandwhich the holder against the knuckle, you can see threads of the screws, but they are tight. These are the two "bugs" I wanted to work out, but this seems like more hassle and $$ increase for you all then needed.

You guys give me the A ok and these will get cut tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #126
RCC Addict

lets give it a shot, ignoring is not anything that ever crossed my mind. you are a very busy man with many irons in the fire. including taking on the task of helping out Penelope which is very admirable in my book
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #127

Hate to be a stick-in-the-mud, but it should be made more clear that screws are not included. You know, something like "hey, you're gonna need 3mm screws for these". How about this, "Screws not included - get your SS screw assortment here"? Then you can sell them and gouge even more!!

Oh, I forgot - I can't even use my $70 weights since they don't fit the Axial "Rockster" wheels at all. I knew it would be tight going into the wheel, but I knew that I could at least run half weights on the "inside" of the knuckle, but - nope - you can't even run an empty holder on the knuckle with them. Since these wheels are by are the kit's manufacturer, you might think that a few people are running them, hmmmm?? You might want to alert your unsuspecting "marks" that these things only work with SLW-type hubs and wheels. There's even a post on this forum by william when asked specifically about the rockster wheel indicating that they'll work, but you "might not be able to load the wheel up". What should've been said is that they "don't work at all without modification" on the rockster wheels.

Oh, well. I supposed I was destined to get vanquish wheels and hubs anyway, which will push me to the $1500 mark - sweet!
m1crochip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #128
Rock Crawler

That's one hell of a 2nd post

BC's makin popcorn for the show
Bc Paints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #129

Yea, I expect to get jumped on, but I don't believe that there's too much more that can be said. Well, except for, "you should've already known that". I did expect that they might not come with screws after watching Josh's video (part of his Poison Spider Budget Build series), and I didn't expect that I could fit a ton of weights inside the wheel without grinding it as per the post from the rc bro himself... But I did expect that the holder itself would fit inside the wheel so I could at least use some half weights until I get some "appropriate" wheels....
Old 12-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #130
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1crochip View Post
Hate to be a stick-in-the-mud, but it should be made more clear that screws are not included. You know, something like "hey, you're gonna need 3mm screws for these". How about this, "Screws not included - get your SS screw assortment here"? Then you can sell them and gouge even more!!

Oh, I forgot - I can't even use my $70 weights since they don't fit the Axial "Rockster" wheels at all. I knew it would be tight going into the wheel, but I knew that I could at least run half weights on the "inside" of the knuckle, but - nope - you can't even run an empty holder on the knuckle with them. Since these wheels are by are the kit's manufacturer, you might think that a few people are running them, hmmmm?? You might want to alert your unsuspecting "marks" that these things only work with SLW-type hubs and wheels. There's even a post on this forum by william when asked specifically about the rockster wheel indicating that they'll work, but you "might not be able to load the wheel up". What should've been said is that they "don't work at all without modification" on the rockster wheels.

Oh, well. I supposed I was destined to get vanquish wheels and hubs anyway, which will push me to the $1500 mark - sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1crochip View Post
Yea, I expect to get jumped on, but I don't believe that there's too much more that can be said. Well, except for, "you should've already known that". I did expect that they might not come with screws after watching Josh's video (part of his Poison Spider Budget Build series), and I didn't expect that I could fit a ton of weights inside the wheel without grinding it as per the post from the rc bro himself... But I did expect that the holder itself would fit inside the wheel so I could at least use some half weights until I get some "appropriate" wheels....

Really sucks you are having issues. As with any of my products, if an issue arises a simple email or pm is all thats needed and I can get you fixed up.

If the items do not fit, I do not expect you to keep them. Please send them back and a full refund will be sent. I cannot be expected to know the offset of every wheel on the market, whether stock or aftermarket the combinations these days are through the roof, for that I apologize.

The harware is not included for the exact same reason as above. The combination of steering arms, amount of weights and other variances make it impossible for me to know what hardware you need. If I sent them to long or to short, I'd probably still see some hate mail. I realize I cannot please everyone, for that 1% I do offer a refund.

I hope you have a great Christmas, thank you for being part of RCC!

Last edited by RcBro; 12-16-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #131

Yea, I know. I don't know why I feel the need to vent in public like that when it's not really necessary - sorry. I'm mostly hair-lipped over the fact that I spent $60 on those axial beadlocks when I should've done my homework first and put the $$ toward a set of SLWs. At least I have another justification for getting them...
Old 12-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #132
RcBros Hobbies

No worries, if you have any other questions please let me know. I'll do my best to help out.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:55 AM   #133
RCC Addict

Any idea when the holders and .25 weights will be back in stock?

edit: Ah, I see the holders are back in stock. Some .25 weights still AWOL.
No matter, I'll just use .125's

Last edited by Solitaire; 12-26-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Stock readjustment.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Looking to buy some full .25 brass weights…any eta? Thanks!
chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #135
RcBros Hobbies

I will have the .25 by Monday. Be a day or two in polisher. Shipping Wednesday. I'll get them in stock on the site and post back when I do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #136
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
I will have the .25 by Monday. Be a day or two in polisher. Shipping Wednesday. I'll get them in stock on the site and post back when I do so.

Thanks Will
chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #137
RcBros Hobbies

.25 in stock!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:29 PM   #138
RCC Addict

This may or may not have been stated already, but for you guys still running VP XR knuckles, a single .25" half weight, WILL fit behind the holder.

Thanks Will for all the help getting my weights and holders out.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #139
Rock Crawler

When will you get more weights in stock???
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #140
RcBros Hobbies

We are about to leave on vacation. Once I come back you will see a lot of products come back in stock.
Due to a death in the family, new job position and this vacation, rcbros has suffered this month.

I must ask all our customers to be patient

RcBros Knuckle Weight System for VP XR10 and Wraith Knuckles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nordic Crawler Design Knuckle Weight System for VP XR10 and Wraith Knuckles Tomy Axles, Trannys, T-case 94 04-18-2014 09:44 AM
BMRC Knuckle Weight System for XR10 **GIVEAWAY** Blue Monkey RC Axial XR10 103 08-10-2012 10:18 AM