RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axles, Trannys, T-case (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axles-trannys-t-case/)
-   -   DLUX Carbon Fiber MOA axles (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axles-trannys-t-case/437782-dlux-carbon-fiber-moa-axles.html)

travis c. 04-05-2013 10:21 AM

Re: DLUX Carbon Fiber MOA axles

Quote:

Originally Posted by boosted4lyf (Post 4263295)
I'm shaking the change outta my beard as we speak.... This are sick Erik! Ill see ya in Az "thumbsup"

What else did you find in there?:ror:

Axles are sick Erik, almost makes me want to build a comp rig."thumbsup"

stubs179 04-05-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travis c. (Post 4263712)
What else did you find in there?:ror:

Axles are sick Erik, almost makes me want to build a comp rig."thumbsup"

No man! You drive to FAST!

travis c. 04-05-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubs179 (Post 4264306)
No man! You drive to FAST!

:ror: Thanks Jeremy, but that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away!

stubs179 04-05-2013 06:04 PM

Yes it was!

Almost the other side of the world for me.

Crawllife 04-05-2013 08:01 PM

You know I'm in! Jslick is the prez of my club and it will be cool if we can get rigs together around the same time! Thanks for all your help Erik!!!

Erik D_lux 04-06-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawllife (Post 4264603)
You know I'm in! Jslick is the prez of my club and it will be cool if we can get rigs together around the same time! Thanks for all your help Erik!!!

Huh, who knew you two clowns were in cahoots?!

jbailey2478 04-07-2013 06:05 PM

How much is a set of gear cases and upper link mount and narrowed lockers if needed? Thanks Erik......another great product!

Erik D_lux 04-07-2013 07:52 PM

Everything will be sold complete, front and rear as stated in post #1. The only exceptions would be if you already have Dlux rear shafts with the big tang or if you buy these and need replacement parts.

DickyT 04-09-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 4258911)
Sorry, I dont know my bearing tech well enough to answer that question.

They wont be anything too fancy. I didnt go all out on the bearings and do ceramic or anything like that. I have never had a bearing problem in the Berg and thats with cheap bearings so I am planning on this being the same situation. Also, in the pics I had the rubber shielded bearings. I was planning on switching out to a full metal bearing as I was told that they spin more freely?

If anybody has input they want to throw in on what bearing type you would like, let me know. I am not opposed to offering ceramic or anything better as an upgrade also.

You can never go wrong with Boca, Acer, or Avid.

The $1 each Avid's will work just fine for me! I have run them in all my RC's for years, they spec out the same a the $3+ each boca's do. When I ran XRs, and popped several sets of expensive ceramic Boca's, I went to the $1 each Avid's and never broke a bearing again... Go figure...

I only wish your timeframe on these would allow them to be run at ECC :P

Thanks for taking us up a level yet again Erik!

SkaldidDog 04-10-2013 08:44 AM

More product innovation and support from one man than from the entire Enroute/Berg company.

You're the man Erik. Beautiful work.

J

Erik D_lux 04-21-2013 11:43 AM

Alright, these are now up for pre order.

As of now, I am planning on getting started in 2-3 weeks and they should start rolling off a week after I start. By doing this pre order, it will ensure that I have most of the parts that I need to get these out the door. Right now, I am waiting on the machinist but I dont think it will be a problem to get parts in the 2-3 weeks.

Please have the understanding that I am 1 guy trying to get these done. I dont mess around and I will work to the point of death to get these out in a timely manner but, some things are beyond my control.

After the initial rush, I plan on having these stocked and shipping as soon as the same day. Until that point, there may be a wait and it will be first come first serve.

Let me know if there are any issues with the ordering, there are a lot of details and I think I got most of them.

jordi555 04-21-2013 12:29 PM

Nice, where do we sign up Erik ?

kineteks 04-21-2013 01:09 PM

Order placed"thumbsup"

McEide 04-21-2013 01:26 PM

Order placed:)

Sprocket 04-21-2013 02:01 PM

Order placed"thumbsup"

Erik D_lux 04-21-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordi555 (Post 4288183)
Nice, where do we sign up Erik ?

If you go to my site, its under "build a crawler" "thumbsup"

Szczerba 04-21-2013 03:24 PM

Erik, I visited your site and was looking for the option to just buy the berg CF cases. I have been running your tubes for some time now. I would like to get just the cases in the future. Did I miss that option on the site? Or you going to run replacement parts in the future?

Thanks for all the work on axles.

Erik D_lux 04-21-2013 03:26 PM

Thanks for the good words.

The Berg version tubes and these tubes are very, very different so they will not interchange from case to case. The only thing that can swap from a Berg to these would be the gears, front and rear shafts, chubs and knuckles. Everything else will come out differently.

Keep the questions coming guys.

Erik D_lux 04-21-2013 06:03 PM

One thing I did forget to mention...

Since I am including delrin hubs for the rear axle I took the assumption that most will want to run in the 10.5" range??? I figured that should be pretty close and not deviate too much. If you do want to go wider, you can simply get some of my delrin spacers and be anywhere from 10.5-11" with the widest hub spacer. If you want narrower, you can do a smaller hub that I have on there and that will make you approx 10.25 and be able to go all the way up to 10.75" with the spacers. You may also want the smaller hub if you like running as narrow as possible. The hub spacers just make it easier.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Harvo 04-21-2013 06:58 PM

I have worked with others on testing things in the past. Some people ask for feedback, but then don't really want to hear it or don't act on it. I'm not a yes guy... so that kind of chaps my butt.

Erik and I must have communicated 100 times in the last month with questions, suggestions and solutions. He sent me several versions of each part with tweaks that improved the performance each time. He actually listened to the guys he had testing these things and ran them himself. I think the product he will be selling has been thoroughly researched and tested and should be THE new standard for lightweight and durable axles "thumbsup"