Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Axles, Trannys, T-case

Notices

Thread: DLUX Carbon Fiber MOA axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #61
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Re: DLUX Carbon Fiber MOA axles

Thanks man! That put a smile on my face!
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Just sold the last of this batch so it will be a week or so before I have the next batch done. I will keep them in stock on my website and keep this post updated if its longer than expected.
Think this was my set. I wanted to get a little drive time on them before giving any feedback.

The first thing you notice as you take them out of the package is the attention to detail that was given to them. The pictures i have seen do not do them justice. You can tell the hours of testing and tweaks that culminated into the final product. Every time i stumbled building them Erik answered my pm quickly to get me back on track.

What these axles offer as a package can not be found in any other option. Strength, lightweight, durable package without piecing together parts from many different vendors. Stumbling onto these is what got me to come out of retirement. I have not messed with rc in a couple years. After finding them on rcc i started to look into putting a new rig together. Erik made that whole process simple with his products.

If you are looking at these and can not make up your mind i promise you will not be unhappy with them. They are imo the best axle for a comp crawler out at this time. Thanks again for all your help and great Products.
ubbb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #63
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Thanks for the good words man! You being happy and satisfied means much more than any sale could.

Please though,... keep it down somewhat. I am about half way sold through the next batch that has not even been completed yet. They take a TON of time and effort. Hopefully I can find time to start another batch right away or I may have to have a wait on the next batch too.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks for the good words man! You being happy and satisfied means much more than any sale could.

Please though,... keep it down somewhat. I am about half way sold through the next batch that has not even been completed yet. They take a TON of time and effort. Hopefully I can find time to start another batch right away or I may have to have a wait on the next batch too.
But you gotta look at it this way the more feedback we give the more you sell and yes I know you are losing a lot of sleep from all the D_Lux parts the more we buy .
ax10tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #65
RCC Addict

YEP!!!

stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:37 AM   #66
Wanna get? Gotta want.

It looks crazy with those weights!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #67
RCC Addict

I know. I can fit my phone under the diff without wheels! Haha
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:01 AM   #68
Wanna get? Gotta want.

These babies are back in stock, cheaper and better than ever!

These axles had some refinements in order to bring the price down. I was able to drop the price 33%!

When shopping around for Berg cases, make sure youre comparing apples to apples as much as you can. These axles may appear to be more expensive but remember that youre not only getting cases, youre also getting:
  • Youre getting the lightest set of axles manufactured, bar none.
  • These are .200 narrower. Much better clearance in the front and this also gives you a better overall width.
  • Rear axle shafts (lightest and strongest out there, no failures in years of use)
  • Rear hubs (no need to buy hexes or hubs for your wheels)
  • All hardware included
  • Upper link mounts included
  • 7075 lockers included FRONT and REAR
  • Able to use Dlux battery mount

Double check others before you buy and you will see that these features are unique and offer huge advantages over the competitors.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #69
Rock Crawler

Next level man!!!
darkmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Didn't see some options I want on ur site. I wanted to get blue G10 instead of carbon. Do the V2 knuckles come with the axles now? I want to use the Dlux front axles. Does it matter which C hub I use. Wanted to go with the xr/wraith 8* c hub. Can I PM you my order or can I specify what I want somehow in checkout on your web site?
DeadlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:35 AM   #71
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Nice to see you again.... been awhile...

I can do any color of G10 you want in place of the CF. Keep in mind there is a small charge and a wait time since it would then be a one off axle. This should be the only option I do not have on my site. If you want G10 instead of CF you can PM me for this option.

V2 knuckles dont automatically come with the axles. If you go to the page for the superlites, you will see that they are an option to add them under the "knuckles".

You can use which ever C hub you like, just make sure to get XR/Wraith sized front tubes if you run the XR/Wraith C hub and the opposite if you want to run the AX10 C hub. They type of axle shaft (XR/Wraith or OFNA) has nothing to do with the type of C hub as long as youre using a Dlux knuckle.

So, everything should be on my site besides the G10 change. If you want the G10, you can PM me for details on time and cost. If you dont mind either of those, you can submit the order and then I can send an invoice for the G10 cost.

I hope that makes sense. Hit me up if you have more questions.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, Its been a minute since I've been on here. I've finally got the itch to build another truck. My first berg served me well but time for a new one. I havn't touched any of it since September 2013. Thanks for the great parts. Glad there are some options out there for building Berg #2.

I haven't used the wraith c hub. Is there any benifit to using wraith over AX10? Do they come with front and rear delrin lockouts? I'm sure they are, but are the steering links Ti? Trying to eliminate several orders if I can. I would like to order pretty much everthing I need for the axles at on time.

Last edited by DeadlySwan; 12-15-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #73
Wanna get? Gotta want.

IMO, there is no benefit to a Wraith C hub, in fact, I think its nothing but drawbacks.

Not sure what you mean by front lockouts but they do come with rears.

Steering links are TI.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
IMO, there is no benefit to a Wraith C hub, in fact, I think its nothing but drawbacks.

Not sure what you mean by front lockouts but they do come with rears.

Steering links are TI.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Sorry I meant Hubs. I see there is a spec for the rear hub, what about the front?
Old 12-16-2014, 08:12 AM   #75
Wanna get? Gotta want.

You would need to buy the front hubs separate since I woudlnt know what type of stub shaft (OFNA or Axial) that you need.

On my car, I run OFNA, AX10 C hubs and a 225 Delrin hub. Perfect combo IMO and the stub shaft style and hubs compliment the rear setup.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:21 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
You would need to buy the front hubs separate since I woudlnt know what type of stub shaft (OFNA or Axial) that you need.

On my car, I run OFNA, AX10 C hubs and a 225 Delrin hub. Perfect combo IMO and the stub shaft style and hubs compliment the rear setup.

Gotcha. Thanks. How wide does that make the truck in the front?

Seems to me the wraith chub would be better due to it being splined on the inside. Looks like it would hold better? What is the drawback to the wraith chub?

I know the steering link can be a tricky peice to make not knowing exactly how everthing is going to be placed on the truck. I will be clocking my steering back. Can you bend the link to accommedate trans clearance?

Last edited by DeadlySwan; 12-16-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:34 AM   #77
Wanna get? Gotta want.

If youre running super lites, which are close to a 1/4" narrower than a standard Berg, the 225's will put you 10.5-11" in the front depending on tire/wheel/foam.

Having the hub become sloppy or fall off is not an option with my tubes. People usually get mad at me because they are difficult to get on. I keep the tubes oversized and they will never have an issue.

Here is some reading on 8* vs non 8*

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/gener...advantage.html

I have a typical bend that I do for a steering link. It has not been an issue for any that I have ever made. IMO, its one of the best setups out there. The tie rod does not come in front of the tubes hardly at all. BC paints has a couple of decent pics in his threads.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

So 10.25 would be ideal for the rear? Hope this isn't to off topic for this thread.

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #79
Wanna get? Gotta want.

This is the perfect place. I get asked these questions all the time in PM, I appreciate you asking them in here so some of the potential customers can simply read and learn.

I struggle between 10.25 and 10.5. I really like both widths. I use the 600 hub and depending on the tire/wheel/foam, I can reach those widths with no spacers. The 475 hub would be too narrow for me in the rear but some guys love it.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Sexy stuff Erik I've been impressed with Harvo's results with his new set up good work on both your parts.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote