Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Axles, Trannys, T-case
Loading

Notices

Like Tree102Likes

Thread: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 08:11 AM   #101
RcBros Hobbies
 
RcBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,687
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

Our tubes will achive XR10 hex to hex width which is 10.2"
A wraith hex to hex width is 11.22"

Hopefully this helps you.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pewee Valley, Kentucky
Posts: 214
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Our tubes will achive XR10 hex to hex width which is 10.2"
A wraith hex to hex width is 11.22"

Hopefully this helps you.
That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you!
Natedog likes this.
Jeff@TireBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #103
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellaire
Posts: 743
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

when will these be back in stock?
BuckImod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #104
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Portland
Posts: 16
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

I just checked at His website RcBros.com

He shows both the Brass and Al. Burly Tubes as in stock! and on sale.

Hope it's right Mike.
Steamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #105
RcBros Hobbies
 
RcBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,687
Default

Yes, on the website. Lmk if u have issues


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #106
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bellaire
Posts: 743
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

ahh, I see now. I didn't see the add to cart button before. It pops after you select options, I didn't choose an anodizing option before.
BuckImod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #107
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,190
Default **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

Just ordered me a **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tube for my front axle and will be ordering another one next week for the rear axle. Looking forward to getting this mod done...
bronc4now likes this.

Last edited by muddywaters; 03-11-2014 at 01:18 PM.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #108
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 16
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

Have you guys thought about making tie rods to suit each style burly tube mod?? One for the long burly tubes and one for the shorter ones??

Im sure there's be plenty of takers
brighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #109
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gainesville
Posts: 231
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

I'm still lost on the stock width tubes.... I know the axle housing needs cut., but do the tubes come ready to be installed and bolt in or do they need tapping? Install pics of the production stock width tubes would be awesome!
ProjectSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #110
RcBros Hobbies
 
RcBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,687
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighty View Post
Have you guys thought about making tie rods to suit each style burly tube mod?? One for the long burly tubes and one for the shorter ones??

Im sure there's be plenty of takers
A VP 160mm Ti tie rod and a 85mm drag link seem to be the ticket. Sadly Ti is expensive for us small vendors and the price would be to high for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSCX10 View Post
I'm still lost on the stock width tubes.... I know the axle housing needs cut., but do the tubes come ready to be installed and bolt in or do they need tapping? Install pics of the production stock width tubes would be awesome!
Still need drilled and tapped. See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
Alright, for those guys wanting a 7075 burly tube but want to retain your stock width, here's what you need to do.

First cut 12mm off your burly tube.


Then cut your axle halves flush with the link mounts. At this point your burly tube fits right in.


You will still need to drill and tap the burly tube, but now you have a killer burly tube upgrade.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #111
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tri city
Posts: 132
Default

Would it be bad to lathe out my tubes to install the excluded bearing?
kmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #112
RcBros Hobbies
 
RcBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,687
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

You will significanly weaken the area where the spline section is when opening up this hole. A universal does not spin in a perfect circle. With a bearing in its place you will consitantly see the bearing breaking over time. For this reason we choose to not open the pocket up. Strength is key! Our berg tubes have been cut this way and its proven to be a success.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #113
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tri city
Posts: 132
Default **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

I'm not trying to be a dink but my wraith doesn't have issues with that bearing, isn't it the same principal? I understand that it will weaken the tube but with a bearing in there and the new vp clamping chubs I should get some backing strength from the od of the bearing....I'm just wondering, not trying to be argumentative, pls don't take me this way
Natedog likes this.

Last edited by kmas; 03-28-2014 at 11:47 AM.
kmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #114
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tri city
Posts: 132
Default **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

I don't want dirt in my housing and I don't want to prematurely wear my locker from any wobble. What about a broonze or plastic bushing turned down?
Natedog likes this.
kmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #115
RcBros Hobbies
 
RcBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,687
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

I understand the reasoning behind wanting a bearing, however I cannot warranty the prouduct once its been machined. I have had a few customers choose to insert a plastic bushing.

There is a compromise with having our tubes snap in fit versus having to modify the housing. We are left with less overall material which is why we choose 7075 and kept the bearing out. I also live in the NW and understand water and mud is a constant thing we run into. With or Without a bearing water will enter the housing at some point, so I do encourage checking these things from time to time.

I will look into including an optional bushing.
alpine4x4 likes this.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #116
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tri city
Posts: 132
Default

Thx, for the info, I'm going to turn down some bronze bushings and leave the tube alone
kmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #117
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Littleton
Posts: 4
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

I'm interested in the stock width tubes, one question. Without the collar how does the axle housing not separate like with the collar? What would be the cost to have you assemble an axle for me?
G6ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:22 AM   #118
MEOW
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wackifornia
Posts: 11,042
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
You will significanly weaken the area where the spline section is when opening up this hole. A universal does not spin in a perfect circle. With a bearing in its place you will consitantly see the bearing breaking over time. For this reason we choose to not open the pocket up. Strength is key! Our berg tubes have been cut this way and its proven to be a success.
Cars and RCs have been using them for years with a bearing on both sides. When does it not spin in a perfect circle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
I understand the reasoning behind wanting a bearing, however I cannot warranty the prouduct once its been machined. I have had a few customers choose to insert a plastic bushing.

There is a compromise with having our tubes snap in fit versus having to modify the housing. We are left with less overall material which is why we choose 7075 and kept the bearing out. I also live in the NW and understand water and mud is a constant thing we run into. With or Without a bearing water will enter the housing at some point, so I do encourage checking these things from time to time.

I will look into including an optional bushing.
Steel would fix that weakness and allow the bearing pocket. Water, dirt and mud enter the housing much faster when there's no bearing or seal there.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:11 AM   #119
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tri city
Posts: 132
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

I turned down some traxxas bushings popped them in and assembled, no binding. Plus I didn't weaken the tube by machining it. the tubes definitely beef up the axle.
RcBro likes this.
kmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #120
RcBros Hobbies
 
RcBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,687
Default Re: **AX10/SCX10 Housing Splined Burly Tubes**

Good to hear it! Our next batch I'll see what I can do on adding the bearing pocket.
kmas likes this.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com