Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default Re: Dlux custom knuckles V2!

I added steering stop info to post 5
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2014, 01:53 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Can this knuckle be ran with my SDS customs cvd axles?
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Hi Erik,

Do you have any assemble pic of the knuckle for Wraith Chub and using wraith uni shaft? I plan the use these parts with shift wheel hub, will it suit your knuckle? What would be the track width with the said combo (wraith chub, shaft and shift hub no spacer)?

Also it seem there is a big jump in weight from 7075 to brass, what would be the brass knuckle with the 4 slug hole drilled? this way I can dialed in the weight by filling the hole one at a time until the forward bias is achieved. Can you supply the tungsten putty too that will save me more postage (I live down under)....
Colgout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #44
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
Can this knuckle be ran with my SDS customs cvd axles?
It depends on what stub shafts you have.

If you have AX10 type stubs, you can order right off my site.

If you have Berg type stubs, I can make them for you but I need a set of shafts to make them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgout View Post
Hi Erik,

Do you have any assemble pic of the knuckle for Wraith Chub and using wraith uni shaft? I plan the use these parts with shift wheel hub, will it suit your knuckle? What would be the track width with the said combo (wraith chub, shaft and shift hub no spacer)?

Also it seem there is a big jump in weight from 7075 to brass, what would be the brass knuckle with the 4 slug hole drilled? this way I can dialed in the weight by filling the hole one at a time until the forward bias is achieved. Can you supply the tungsten putty too that will save me more postage (I live down under)....
Sorry, I dont have a Wraith picture.

I have not personally tested a Shift hub but the numbers looked like they will work fine.

The knuckles do not change the track width so no matter what youre using it on as long as they are the same shaft, the width will be the same.

The brass knuckle with the 4 holes should actually be a good in between from the 7075 and brass. Each version will vary quite a bit but I would guess the Wraith version with 4 holes and everything attached should be about 2.7oz?

Yeah, I can get you some putty, just give me a good bit of notice and I can take care of it.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Great customer service! Nice to have a company where your products and service are both bad ass. Keep it up bud
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Thanks, I asked if the shift hub will fit because from this picture with the OFNA hub, it seems it is recessed into the knuckle, and I am not sure if the shift hub will be thick enough so the wheel face does not scrub on the knuckle. BTW the shift hub without spacer is thinner than the standard XR hex plus 225 SLW hub.

Look like I will hit your shop soon....(that will be the third times in 1 week)
Old 01-22-2014, 07:36 AM   #47
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Keep in mind, there are a lot of different versions of knuckles floating around. That picture you just posted is for the narrow version of the OFNA shafts. Thats narrower than you could get a Wraith stub so you can imagine, everything is stuffed way in there.

The Wraith version does not sit that far in. The shift hub should have enough room behind it to work on the Wraith version.

3rd time in a week? Yeah, that can get spendy on the postage.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post

3rd time in a week? Yeah, that can get spendy on the postage.
Your postage is very resonable... Although the knuckle's postage is kinda steep.... (I think its $25 to Australia and $5 to CA 90250 ). May need to wait a bit longer till the Paypal account recover a little before I bleed it again.

I am pretty sure I will get your knuckle somewhere down the line, I believe it will give me what I wanted.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #49
Wanna get? Gotta want.

By the way..... if anybody has a car that they want these to work on, you can speak up. The idea is that they will work for almost anything and it wouldnt be that hard to make it happen.

Bully2
Losi comp crawler

Looks like both the above could happen, I just need interest.

Is there any other cars that could use these? Maybe there are some older axles where parts are not available anymore?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Yet another reason these knuckles are so BA. I just modified my whole setup with only changing the chub.

From this

Too this with 7 dollars
chris.martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #51
Wanna get? Gotta want.

We found another great way to add a steering stop and some more weight.

I am finding that with a universal shaft, you want about 5mm plate or screw or what have you to use as a steering stop. I used two .100 rings which is a bit over 5mm and I will actually limit the steering just a hair more when I get time. Its pretty close though.

You can take one single .100 ring, cut it in 4 and do both sides with one ring. It might even be a better idea to cut them in 1/8's to get the weight really low and then put them on back too?

Old 01-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
By the way..... if anybody has a car that they want these to work on, you can speak up. The idea is that they will work for almost anything and it wouldnt be that hard to make it happen.

Bully2
Losi comp crawler

Looks like both the above could happen, I just need interest.

Is there any other cars that could use these? Maybe there are some older axles where parts are not available anymore?
I like this desgin.
can you post some pics of the ofna stubs installed, I'm trying to get a visual of the bigger axles, and how it's all held together with the addition of the hubs and all. thanks
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #53
Wanna get? Gotta want.

A couple of guys using the Wraith chubs have had interference with thier wheels on the knuckles. From now on, everybody will get arms with the outer holes tapered. This should clear your wheels, if not, youre probably hitting the wheel on the tapered screw head. If this is the case, you can easily touch the head of the screw with the dremel for a second and should be good. The set I tested here touched my Dlux wheels but I doubt you would have caught it without me telling you.

Again, this is just for Wraith chubs and some wheels. You may not have this problem or if its a smaller inner diameter wheel, it could be worse. Sorry, I cant tell you the outcome with every single wheel. The Dlux wheel is approx 1.750 inner diameter so I would say that is the minimum to clear the weights with the Wraith chub.

Here is a picture of the beveled arms.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #54
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
I like this desgin.
can you post some pics of the ofna stubs installed, I'm trying to get a visual of the bigger axles, and how it's all held together with the addition of the hubs and all. thanks
Here are some pics in Ittybittys thread and some good pictures in Wheels7 thread.

Wheels7 handmade Ultra class car with a DLUX twist

Ittybitty's DD XR
Old 01-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Awesome thanks, two great builds and great info.

I'm thinking about doing something like this to my 1.9 honcho so I can run the big stub shafts. My rig is heavy and some of the falls and rolls it's taken off bigger granite slabs have resulted in broken front stubs on my cvd's. I doubt a 1.9 would clear these, so I may have to come up with an alternate knuckle arrangement to accommodate those larger bearings.

Any plans on a slimmer version for those not interested in knuckle weights (I know, GASP and the terror of such a thing) ?
Old 01-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #56
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Sorry, there is not much I can do about the design. A lot of the aspects in the design cant be moved or it wont work, they are tight as is with the size they are now.

I could make a specific design all around 1.9 wheels but..... there would have to be a significant need before I would be ready to put the time and effort into them.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:51 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

I'd be down for some 1.9 sized knuckles!

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
chris.martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.martell View Post
I'd be down for some 1.9 sized knuckles!

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
I've been inspired by Eric's awesome builds to try my hand at making my own Kanuckles, big bearing, fit inside my wheels, until something else comes along.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #59
Wanna get? Gotta want.

I just got the Berg version finished up and on the website.

This should really help the Berg version super 300 guys. Now you can have 8* knuckles and a knuckle weight to go along with it.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #60
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Took a look at the Losi Comp crawler setup today and looks like it would be pretty straight forward. I dont know that there is any demand though?

Dlux custom knuckles V2! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dlux custom knuckles Erik D_lux Axles, Trannys, T-case 34 01-07-2014 11:14 AM
DLUX Knuckles for EVERYTHING ! Harvo EnRoute Berg 21 12-05-2013 09:38 AM