Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Axles, Trannys, T-case

Notices

Thread: ToyZuki's Fabrication Low Center of Gravity Motor Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: ToyZuki's Fabrication Low Center of Gravity Motor Mount

Does this kit come with the new top shaft for the tranny? How does that part work? Any chance of a assembly video or assembly pic walk through so reta4ds like me can be more clear. I had this exact idea a while ago. I just never had the tools to manufacture one. Great work keep it up. Glad your making it.
jh1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh1985 View Post
Does this kit come with the new top shaft for the tranny? How does that part work? Any chance of a assembly video or assembly pic walk through so reta4ds like me can be more clear. I had this exact idea a while ago. I just never had the tools to manufacture one. Great work keep it up. Glad your making it.
The kit does not come with the shaft, as that would increase cost and a lot of us have a spare shaft laying around from axle upgrades. There's a link in the first post taking you to a step by step install thread giving all the info on the shaft that I used and also links to buy a shaft if you don't have a spare.
ToyZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:32 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyZuki View Post
The kit does not come with the shaft, as that would increase cost and a lot of us have a spare shaft laying around from axle upgrades. There's a link in the first post taking you to a step by step install thread giving all the info on the shaft that I used and also links to buy a shaft if you don't have a spare.
I just saw the link after i posted that. Thanks as i said Im retarded. lol should have paid more attention in english and reading in school
jh1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #44
RCC Addict

That's funny! I'm in a water jet training class right now but paying attention to rcc lol.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Great. I saw the protos for this on usda-rc forums a few weeks back. Just found this link tonight. Thanks for your efforts on this. I love this idea! Just ordered one 30 seconds ago.
Grimsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:56 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Great idea man.
MountainStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:28 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

I just got mine!

Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #48
RCC Addict

You've got a lot of building to do lol!
Old 04-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Genius...
I hope there are more people thinking outside the "box" when it comes to cool aftermarket parts..
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Nice driving last weekend at the SWSC event, I am going to need more of these boss.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Thank you!! I can't wait to build next years rigs!! You let me know when you need em! I definetly won't show up with a rig I've never driven next time lol.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Got to check one of these out at RCH in Covington last time I was in town, very well designed unit I will be picking up soon!
nwnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Right on! I forgot they were on the shelf there!!
Old 05-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Looks like a great product, gotta love things that are simple, one piece, strong and effective.

This may have been asked and i missed it....but do you have any plans on making a forward motor mount aimed more at scalers? With motor tucked up neatly tucked up under the hood? Having the motor visible, hanging below the chassis w the links n driveshafts kills the looks for me. Low cg is great, but performance isnt really the point of scalers.

Something similar to gcm's full transmission forward mount, but maybe just the motor n spur, so the shock hoops do not have to be swapped, which again kills the looks for me....haha. Maybe have the motor on the front side of the mount, for potential firewall/interior clearance issues? But still w enough room for the cms frequently mounted one side or another.

Looks like brackets could easily be made to raise it up a lil, but im not sure i have the tools for cutting off the thick ears that key into chassis......but then again cutoff wheels arent expensive lol. Cause seeing the brackets outside of the chassis rails wouldnt look quite right either......im not picky when it comes to a scalers appearance, am i?

I dont kno, im just thinking out loud, this has got my gears spinning. Also really like hotwheels' sideways trans mount, that i can do, drill holes in plastic....haha

Last edited by jaytet; 05-04-2014 at 12:21 AM.
jaytet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #55
RCC Addict

I get what your saying but I really don't see a market for it. Walk out to your driveway and tell me that your full size motor doesn't hang below the frame just behind the front axle.

I have no plans on creating a part that doesn't increase the drivability of your rig. I think what your looking for is a tf2.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Also look at the dinky gr7. That sounds like what your trying to achive and you can use your axial trans just the same or use the dinky split skid. I'd hate to create something that's already available from another vendor.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Ok then nevermind.....dinkys setup is def wicked sweet, i waited a while for them to go back into production, but its also quite expensive, 160 bucks for 4 pieces of aluminum. But im by no means an expert in how much aluminum stock are machining costs.....umm....cost haha. And dont mean to trash him. Yours is just simpler, easier, a more elegant. And more affordable. So i figured why not ask. Yes there are other out there, but yours or dinkys seem the best fit for what im going for.

Also i dont have full size, cant afford one, and around boston theres not many place to drive em, new hampshire maybe, but im lazy and hate even short highway drives. Boring, nothin to look at. And the money issue again, lol. But I was thinking of my slow-in-the-making c1 scaler, and mostly stock-ish scale builds in general. I cant recall seeing a large electric motors visibly hanging under a stock jk. Now im thinking of making a styrene oil pan or skid to hide it haha.

But I dont mean to argue at all, im still interested in your mount, and trying to think of a way that i can make it fit my needs. I do really like dinkyrcs, but its not easy to justify dropping a significant portion of a paycheck on a toy transmission housing, to myself....nevermind those other people i live with.....im getting closer n closer tho lol.

Last edited by jaytet; 05-05-2014 at 02:11 PM.
jaytet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #58
RCC Addict

right on! I was hoping I wouldn't push you away fromthe coolest Mount available lol. Half way through reading I was thinking lexan oil pan, or even a a 380 brushless like a Novak mongoose system. I'll have to take some body on pics to show you that the motor really isn't that visible unless your driving on your lid or really hanging a tire in the air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytet View Post
Ok then nevermind.....dinkys setup is def wicked sweet, i waited a while for them to go back into production, but its also quite expensive, 160 bucks for 4 pieces of aluminum. But im by no means an expert in how much aluminum stock are machining costs.....umm....cost haha. And dont mean to trash him. Yours is just simpler, easier, a more elegant. And more affordable. So i figured why not ask. Yes there are other out there, but yours or dinkys seem the best fit for what im going for.

Also i dont have full size, cant afford one, and around boston theres not many place to drive em, new hampshire maybe, but im lazy and hate even short highway drives. Boring, nothin to look at. And the money issue again, lol. But I was thinking of my slow-in-the-making c1 scaler, and mostly stock-ish scale builds in general. I cant recall seeing a large electric motors visibly hanging under a stock jk. Now im thinking of making a styrene oil pan or skid to hide it haha.

But I dont mean to argue at all, im still interested in your mount, and trying to think of a way that i can make it fit my needs. I do really like dinkyrcs, but its not easy to justify dropping a significant portion of a paycheck on a toy transmission housing, to myself....nevermind those other people i live with.....im getting closer n closer tho lol.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #59
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Payment sent! Thanks again!!!
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:06 AM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
Payment sent! Thanks again!!!
Shipped with pitbull bubble wrap!!!

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axles-trannys-t-case/486740-toyzukis-fabrication-low-center-gravity-motor-mount.html
Posted By For Type Date
| Harley Designs This thread Refback 01-31-2015 07:59 PM

ToyZuki's Fabrication Low Center of Gravity Motor Mount - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installing a "ToyZuki's fabrication Motor Mount" ToyZuki General Scale Talk 70 03-23-2020 10:14 PM
level3 low center of gravity motor mount drkuhar HPI Wheely King 17 02-22-2015 10:55 PM
Low Center Of Gravity weston6969 Redcat Crawlers 5 01-23-2010 04:27 PM
Better center of gravity? 66sprint6 Axial SCX-10 26 11-20-2009 02:28 PM
center of gravity johnathan c Newbie General 5 07-13-2007 11:50 AM