Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Axles, Trannys, T-case

Notices

Thread: DravTech presents the SuDu TransOne Transmission for SuDuOne chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2015, 09:43 AM   #1
DravTech

Default DravTech presents the SuDu TransOne Transmission for SuDuOne chassis

SuDu TransOne Transmission for SuDuOne chassis

DravTech is proud to announce that we finally are continuing to offer the NCD Custom Gear Box, but with a little DravTech twist.

Please note, that the skid and the transmission is one piece so this Transmission do only fit the SuDuOne or SuDuOne FL chassis.

The transmission is made out of 2.0 and 2.5 mm carbon fiber with a matte finish, nylon and comes with needed bearings and stainless steel screws.

You need to order 1 of each of the following gear sets to complete the transmission. Please make sure that you can get hold of the gears before ordering the transmission. DravTech do not stock any of the gear sets.

Heavy Duty Gears and Parts for R2 Transmission

Long Shaft (5mm) for R2 Transmission

Price

Atm, I am out of stock of CF parts for the SuDu TransOne. I hope to get more during March.

SuDu TransOne Transmission - $75

SuDu TransOne Transmission with a SuDuOne FL chassis - $159

Delivery

The center/skid is ordered when you place your order, so it will take around 2 weeks before I can ship your order out.

Last edited by Dravpnir; 01-21-2016 at 05:48 AM.
Dravpnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
DravTech

Default Re: DravTech presents the SuDu TransOne Transmission for SuDuOne chassis

Assembly instructions

Compared to the NCD version of this transmission the DravTech one is a bit more tricky to assemble. The method below is the easiest way to assemble it to my knowledge.

It is recommended to shim the output shaft so there is no front to rear movement. Each output shaft is a little different, so it is hard to advise which shims to use.

You will also need to make sure the gear on the output shaft does not come into contact with the small gear on the gear that is in contact with the pinion gear on your motor. If your transmission jams, it is very likely this is the cause, so be careful.

You will get one shim with the Heavy Duty Gear set, if you need more you need to supply that yourself.

Step by step guide:

1. Insert the small flanged brass bushings from the Heavy Duty Gear set into the small bearings in both the CF plates. Insert the bushings so the flange is on the same side as the bearing flange.

2. Insert the output shaft into the transmission housing like in the picture below.

3. Slide the motor CF plate onto output shaft. Keep the CF motor plate loose from the transmission housing.

4. Now insert the small pin and one of the smaller gears onto the pin like the picture below.

5. mount the outer small pin and thread one of the 2 small brass spacers onto this pin. Do not add any gear to this pin.

6. Now to the most tricky part of the whole assembly. Keep the second small gear with your fingers like in the picture below and gently slide the motor CF plate into place in the transmission housing. The empty pin with the brass spacers should go inside the gear you hold on to.

7. Now the transmission should look like this.

8. Add the second small brass spacer to the left pin.

9. Slide the small CF plate into place in the transmission housing. Before doing this is a good time to add some grease to the gears.

10. The other side should look like this

11. Screw in the screws to fasten the CF plates to the transmission housing. Make sure that the countersunk screw is do not extend over the surface with the CF plate. Otherwise the motor will not sit flush with the motor plate.

12. Final step. Add the support bearing for the output shaft and secure the bearing with the short M3x6mm button head screw.

Last edited by Dravpnir; 11-06-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
DravTech

Default Re: DravTech presents the SuDu TransOne Transmission for SuDuOne chassis

Replacement or upgrade parts

If you want to upgrade your old NCD custom RC4WD transmission, or want a new transmission housing to your transmission you can order them directly from my store at Shapeways.

If you plan on upgrading your old NCD Custom RC4WD transmission make sure that your CF plates looks like in the guide above. You will also need one 5x11x4 mm bearing and one M3x6 mm button head screw.

DravTech shop at Shapeways

Last edited by Dravpnir; 11-06-2015 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Here is acouple pictures of one installed.
This transmission is awesome, super solid
Attached Images

chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

This has to be one of the coolest chunks of engineering I've seen in a while! Including the types of materials in this kit! Nice stuff!
Generis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:33 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Awesome!
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:30 PM   #7
E.Y. Designs

I've gotten to build a couple of these and they are an amazing piece... I highly recommend getting one if you're running a SuDu FL... Or it's just a great reason to get the SuDu FL

EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:56 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

That blue is awesome!
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:33 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Measurement eye to eye of side mounting screw holes?
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:07 PM   #10
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudsy View Post
Measurement eye to eye of side mounting screw holes?

If you're wondering for where the chassis mounts to the skid it's 55mm eye to eye
Old 11-07-2015, 05:56 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Nice !!

Can't wait for it to arrive.....
JENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

So happy with mine. It already had some comps done..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D6503 met Tapatalk
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:27 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Might be time for a big change...
Any reasoning for the r2 trans gears ? those suckers are loud and geared real low, but I remember back in the tlt days the r2 was a game changer for me.
nappahdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:40 PM   #14
DravTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappahdog View Post
Might be time for a big change...
Any reasoning for the r2 trans gears ? those suckers are loud and geared real low, but I remember back in the tlt days the r2 was a game changer for me.
It was Tomi at NCD that designed the transmission at the first place, I did only designed the center section/skid. So I do not know the reasoning behind the choice of gears, but they allow a compact transmission with a wide range of gear ratio.

For an example:

Axial Transmission with 87T spur and 15T pinion gives a gear ration of 14.79.

The SuDu TransOne with a 17T pinion gives a gear ration of 14.82.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

I love my wheel speed with a 30t brood motor..
Also gears are as strong as hell....
That was one of the main reasons of using them.
They are not so loud as you think. In a metal gearbox they make a lot of noise, with the old style gearbox it was ok. But this one is even better...
OK as silent as a 48p gearbox.... Never... But way stronger..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D6503 met Tapatalk
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #16
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappahdog View Post
Any reasoning for the r2 trans gears ?those suckers are loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by douwe View Post
In a metal gearbox they make a lot of noise, with the old style gearbox it was ok. But this one is even better...
OK as silent as a 48p gearbox.... Never... But way stronger..

Who cares if they're loud... I'll take a loud gearbox any day for peace of mind knowing I have the best and strongest
Old 11-10-2015, 06:34 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Wow! A new piece of art from the DravTech design head quarters!

That looks fantastic, Tobias.

My reason for going with the RC4WD gears on the v1 transmission was that Hulksta was doing a XR10 gear transmission back then and I didn't want to copy his product. Using the same gears would inevitably result in a very similar transmission. Also the RC4WD gears made it possible to make a slightly lighter and more compact gear box compared to if using XR10 gears.

Last edited by Tomy; 11-10-2015 at 07:35 AM.
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:02 PM   #18
RCC Addict

The hulksta one was loud as well, I run a 18t with the Hulksta and I'm running a 14t with DravTech one. running a HH 11T 500 puller.
With those pinions they run about the same IMO

And like Everetty said I will put up with loud gears any day to get the strength you get with this transmission.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Here is a video of my truck running for you to hear what the gears sound like, Oh and I forgot to add grease to the gear before this comp, not that the grease made that much of a difference lol

Old 11-10-2015, 12:34 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Very nice. I like to rocks there.
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote

DravTech presents the SuDu TransOne Transmission for SuDuOne chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DravTech presents the SuduOne FL - 2.2 Sporty/Shafty chassis Dravpnir Chassis and Suspension 29 09-24-2019 07:19 PM
DravTech presents the Sudu Pro - 2.2 Pro chassis Dravpnir Chassis and Suspension 59 05-03-2016 02:21 PM
DravTech presents the Super SuDu - Super crawler chassis Dravpnir Chassis and Suspension 5 09-07-2015 09:50 AM