Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Axles, Trannys, T-case

Notices

Thread: GCM Transfer Case

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default GCM Transfer Case

Well, here's the T-Case. Me and the boys here love these things.
The all new, and all Canadian, no gearing gain/reduction GCM Transfer Case available here at gcmachine.ca

I have never been too impressed with aftermarket gear manufacturing. I keep finding wimpy brass gears, soft driven shafts, and low class mounting and setscrews. (although there's some real nice stuff here in this forum! wow) And I can't stand breakdowns on the trail. The remedy for this, and the only way we do things, is to over build for durability and strength, but simplify for size, and look.

Here's what we came up with:
1) Fully hardened steel drive gears with wide teeth, and big set screws made from oxide steel.... unbreakable tough.
2) Hardened and ground axle drive shafts made specifically for axial torque and precision bearings. With nice deep and wide flats for setscrews to bite hard into and stay there.
3) Stainless steel bearings with debris shielding. This case is going to be in the mud, the dirt, the water, all the crap you can find, and it has to turn your wheels for miles with no repairs. This is the ticket.
4) Billet aluminum fully machined matching case halves. So what? It's important. Both halves are made in perfect matching sets and machined together in order to have a flat and strong interlocking seal between the front and rear sections. Funny, but even if the screws fall out, and you have driveshaft yokes screwed on to the thing, it won't fall apart. But locktite the screws anyway.

Available in the 'Complete Kit' that has everything included. See the site link above for any other details you need. All kits require assembly.

On with the business:

Add your own drive shafts, like shown below, and you have a running truck that can take more punishment than you can deliver.

Here's the full assembly instructional video:
Assembly Instructional Video Link

For those who don't know GCM, is a full service 3d cad and CNC shop in Canada, and has been producing and selling RC parts worldwide for years. We also entertain machining jobs for other designers and production for anyone, as well as our own line of crawler and offroad parts. We rotate through our production runs every 4 or 5 weeks, so anything out of stock in the store will be back soon enough. Thanks.

Last edited by Generis; 04-06-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Generis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Price, without goint to the Website? @ work
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

the price of a complete t-case kit is $69 canadian funds, which at today's exchange rate is close to $69 usdollars. Shipping is determined by the shopping cart and is likely under $12. Check the gcmracing.ca site for updated pricing, and use the shopping cart for shipping details.

Last edited by Generis; 04-06-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
~THE SCALE SHOP~

nice sales pitch, killer product, and great size!
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

and out of stock already
RcFrankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I' guessing, but T-E MAxx shaft's won't fit right? Will you offer shafts without the flat portion? and just holes instead. Are the shafts exactly 5mm, or more like 4.95? How much for just the case without gears, bearings or shafts? would you sell it just like that? I could use a few if they' could come like that.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
Hateraide

You guys will love this tcase, i just recieved mine and its a work of art, great products from GCM thats for sure
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:58 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

the cases alone are available by custom order alone, simply e-mail the company through the links in the signature.

I am still waiting for my big gear order to come in, and that's what the delay in stock is from.

The shafts are machined with flats, we may try holes for a custom order, but the shafts are 5.0000 mm ground and hardened before machining, and a drill isn't going to like that much. If you use a CVD like an MIP style, there are easily interchangeable ends for them so it's possible to use a 5mm t-case end and a 6mm other end if need be.

The 6mm shafts will fit using a sleeve for 5mm to 6mm which we also sell in hardened stainless. We will post a specific part for this exact application on the t-case page when they are available. We have been making these for years for other applications, and they work great.

Below is a picture with all 5mm shafts, and as you can see, the case is tiny. The 6mm shafts will fit (4951x style) but the revo or 3.3 shafts will not.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Just ordered the "starter kit" we'll see how it turns out. I'll write a small review and can compare it to a CC case
Old 02-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Would it be possible to get this in a 6mm shafted version?

EDIT: Of course I didn't read your last post. I did the other day though...seem to have forgotten.

Last edited by danielk; 02-15-2010 at 03:14 PM.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Here's a picture of the CrossCanyon Skidplate that matches this T-Case. It houses your lower links internally, and allows the direct bolt on of the T-Case in right or left configuration to keep the drive axles in the center line. You can also bolt the case on to have the axles offset right or left. The Skid is fully machined delrin and has holes in the top surface to accept any M3 size screw, threaded directly into the skid, so there's no screw heads out the bottom of the unit.

This unit is a direct bolt on for the GCM CrossCanyon chassis, as well as anything that accepts the stock axial crawler skidplate, and it matches a stock axial crawler width.

Last edited by Generis; 04-06-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

This is very nice! I like the fact that your skid is interchangeable with Axial skid plates, very nice! One question though, are those threaded inserts int he top of the skid or is it machined with that extra material like a stand off?
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Great question. The entire skidplate is virgin Delrin material and completely machined. There's a taper-started hole that's 8mm deep inside the bosses that stick up, and they are drilled perfectly to self-thread a m3 machine screw in there.
No insert is present, and the holes are not tapped. The machine screw makes a perfect thread in there on it's own. All the material you see is Delrin one piece.
The plates are 80mm wide and 43 long and have a 34.3mm hole spacing for mounting through for the internal links.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Awesome! I hpoe to be placing an order some time soon for a skid and case. Thanks for the super fast reply as well!

Quick question, what length screws would I need to attach the case and not bugger up the skid?
Old 02-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

well as stated, with a 8mm hole in there, and another 3 on the Tcase mount, a M3x8 or M3x10 would do.

By the way, I am not sure if you know this trick or not, but run the screws into the skid part way a couple of times before going all the way down. The screws tend to air-lock in the hole and make a pop if you don't. haha. A powerdrill and hex drive work great for this !
Old 02-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generis View Post
well as stated, with a 8mm hole in there, and another 3 on the Tcase mount, a M3x8 or M3x10 would do.

Opps lol

Thanks! Looking forward to making an order soon.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Here's some pics of the black t-case mounted on a new delrin skid. The t-case sits on top of the bosses on the skid, and then the m3 screws thread into the skid and it's not going anywhere. And with the bottom smooooooth and the links internally mounted, it should be a clean sliding setup.

The T-Case unit is 48.4mm long x22.4mm wide x22mm high.

Last edited by Generis; 02-20-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Sweet tcase! You have some great products! I think I found my next scaler set up b/c I have a pair of axles begging for a project. When the time comes I'll be ordering up a chassis, skid, tcase and motor mount.
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #19
DOOH!!!

Perfect fit for my 6x6 build, order placed..

Thanks!
MTHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #20
www.team3sixrc.com

Well hell yeah. I'll have to order one of these in a week. Nice!
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote