Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > AZ Summer Shootout by NARCCA

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 "Tombstones & Cards" at the NARCCA AZ SUMMER SHOOTOUT, PRESCOTT, AZ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default RECON G6 "Tombstones & Cards" at the NARCCA AZ SUMMER SHOOTOUT, PRESCOTT, AZ

The G-Train is dealing poker hands at the Tombstones & Cards RECON G6. The G-Crew is back with our old friends, NARCCA & the epic “AZ Summer Shootout” for what will be one of the best rc events of the year. Come join us for a fantastic weekend with something for every rc crawling enthusiasts. Whether you are into comps, scaling, G6’n, or all three, NARCCA & RECON G6 invite you to our table of rc adventure where we deal in fun!

What - Tombstones & Cards RECON G6
When - May 2 & 3, 2014
Where - Watson Lake Prescott, AZ
Directions - From Las Vegas, Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions
G-Fee - All Classes, $25. Children 15 & under, $15. Pre-registration is highly recommended and will be available at 2014 Events (coming soon)
Camping - Call Michelle at 928-777-1121 to set up reservations.
Driver Check-In - Anytime prior to start time.
Start Time Stg 1 - Friday, 5pm after Drivers Meeting and National Anthem.
Start Time Stg 2 - Saturday 7pm after Drivers Meeting and National Anthem.

Tombstones & Cards Intel

Classes

- 1.9 Adventurist - All makes and models rolling on 1.9 scale tires. If you have stretched a 1.9 tire over a 2.2 rim, cool. Just no cut and shuts or comp tires, unless a ya don’t mind a time penalty.

- 2.2 Adventurist - All makes and models rollin’ on big tires! No matter what axles you have them mounted on, if it’s a 2.2 scale tire, this is your class. Showcase those big tires in special 2.2 Adventurist Only sections.

- 6x6 Expedition Class - If you like big rigs and 6 wheel drive, then this class is for you. With a special class only section, your skills are sure to challenged. This class is for 1.9 tires only.

- N-Tow Expedition Class - This class is for 1.9 scale drivers that enjoy pulling a trailer on their scale adventure. It’s not just an empty trailer, there will be some cargo and special driving challenges as well.

- RECON Ready Open Class - Is a class for the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6. Everything is open except for tire size. 1.9 Tires and driving sections that will push driver and machine, the RECON Ready Open Class is a “Do Work, Driver” kinda class.

- 15 & Under Adventurist - Our young G6’ers to “do work” in.

- Drivin’ Divas - For all the lady drivers of scale adventure.

Stage Intel ALL Classes
- Open to ALL makes, models, and builds. Keep it scale.
- A tow strap is mandatory.
- A tombstone made out of Popsicle sticks is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Your favorite pen is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- One Playing Card is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A winch is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- 8 scale items are mandatory. An Axial SCX10 RTR has 8 scale items stock.
- 5 scale card shark items are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- lights are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- One headlamp is mandatory.
- One light mounted on the controller is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Expedition Classes - 20 scale items. Will need to carry a canoe/raft. A spare tire. An Extra motor. (Brushed or Brushless, working or not)
- RECON Ready Modified Class - 2 scale safety items.
- G6’n in cowboy attire is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Driver / Driving Challenges include the RPP Hobby Bautista Terror Pull Sled & the “Are you faster than Erin Fick” time bonus.
- Best Poker hand of each stage, may or may not receive swag.

The G-Crew will see you getting your scale adventure fix, in the Tombstones & Cards RECON G6.

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 02-24-2014 at 04:42 PM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RECON G6 "Tombstones & Cards" at the NARCCA AZ SUMMER SHOOTOUT, PRESCOTT, AZ

HEY! Glad to have ya back.
nappahdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RECON G6 "Tombstones & Cards" at the NARCCA AZ SUMMER SHOOTOUT, PRESCOTT, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappahdog View Post
HEY! Glad to have ya back.
Glad to be back!!!

This will be an incredible weekend of rc action!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Oh my!! I better get my ass in shape lmao!!
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #5
It's a scale thing

Did someone say G6...I'm all in!
Attached Images

Bthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #6

25 dollars for a nite run...thats ****ed up
roysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #7

And what is a card shark item
roysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #8
It's a scale thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysan View Post
Lol things to cheat, beat the odds, steal....cards up the sleeve, gun, knife, X-ray sun glasses
Bthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Location: Between the thoughts of yesterday and the ideas of tomorrow

Did I hear Weapons???I might have a few of those playing around(a huck huck huck, Pun intended)
Looking forward to this as it will be my first g6 with a 1.9
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:28 PM   #10

I agree with Roy!!! its alittle steep.
dand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Just look at it this way. 12.50 a night, its like going to see an epic movie that your the main character in. If you do well it will be a blockbuster, if not, hey at least you have the scars to prove you were there!
Old 02-26-2014, 06:37 AM   #12

$25 for 2 days of fun is cheap, plus we got it for free last year!! Seems like a lot of work to me. Brian and Kevin do 30 gates for free every 3 weeks, these guys are doing 200 gates 2 times in a row. Plus theres free stuff given out! Sounds like a good deal to me. Don't be Jew, pay up!
pwillis52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:42 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

gotta pay to play my friends. after the fact you will see the effort put into this event.
no one should be expected to work without compensation and these guys DO WORK.
nappahdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
We all have to be a little & it's not just a "night run". It's two stages of RECON G6 adventure. The first stage will still be light, since the sun don't set until apx 7:34pm and dusk ends apx 8:03pm, but don't let anyone know I do this much "recon" into events, they won't believe you.

Stage 2 will be a night run or at least finish at night, so lights are an asset for sure. It' nothing new for someone to think $25.00 entry is steep, especially compared to other events;

Leadville 100 MTB race - $345.00

Every Man Challenge at KOH - $645 before 11/15, $800 before 12/15, $1000 before 1/15

Tough Mudder - $149 standard, $174 late, $185 final

None of these events offer "day of" registration.

So, yeah, $25.00 is ****ed up, just saying.

Quote:
Cards, pistols, extra aces, hat, vest, boots, use your imagination. It could WSOP sticker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Climb Stuff View Post
Did I hear Weapons???I might have a few of those playing around(a huck huck huck, Pun intended)
Looking forward to this as it will be my first g6 with a 1.9
OH MY! There is nothing wrong with the big meats, it's the fastest growing class in the G6, but there is mad props to those drivers that "do work" with 1.9 tires!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dand View Post
I agree with Roy!!! its alittle steep.
See the reply to Roy.

Quote:
Just look at it this way. 12.50 a night, its like going to see an epic movie that your the main character in. If you do well it will be a blockbuster, if not, hey at least you have the scars to prove you were there!
Great analogy, I use the movie experience often, but have never thought that the driver is the main character. AWESOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappahdog View Post
gotta pay to play my friends. after the fact you will see the effort put into this event.
no one should be expected to work without compensation and these guys DO WORK.
It's not only compensation, but participants need to realize that these companies want to support events. The companies love their customers, but bottom line, a company will invest more into an event when drivers commit to the event.

I have dreams of this location. I sat a line that I thought drivers would have to winch up. Erin Fick drove it! Absolutely on of the coolest lines into a dead end canyon that was just creepy! I can't wait to be back and see a bunch of old friends and watch amazing drivers "Do Work".
Old 02-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

roy just needs a little WD-40.....

I'm w/promoters on this....
price is not to steep specially when compared to 5K, pedal bike races, multisport, sailing, etc......
it's like a cover charge to a 2 day party and you get to compete....
plus swag.......
BoulderDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Can't believe peeps are complaining about $25 as an entry fee... Unlikely I'll be making this, as usual :rollseyes:, but hope it goes well.
Simon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thats why I love America......if you don't like the price of something you don't have to buy it....unless of course its Obama Care
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

I agree there is nothing wrong with 2.2s. I just have always ran a 2.2 rig and wanted to try my hand at a 1.9 rig. And what better place to test it then a G6!! Now, just gotta get some work done to make this this Armageddon proof.
Also, when can we prepay for the event?
Old 02-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I agree there is nothing wrong with 2.2s. I just have always ran a 2.2 rig and wanted to try my hand at a 1.9 rig. And what better place to test it then a G6!! Now, just gotta get some work done to make this this Armageddon proof.
Also, when can we prepay for the event?
You are gonna have fun. Two Words x 4...

Sand Ramps

Pull Pal

Pit Bulls

Do Work

By the weekend, sir, Thank You.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
its only 12.50 a night thats a deal and if you have ever been to a parker night run you will be willing to pay 25.00 a night
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

RECON G6 "Tombstones & Cards" at the NARCCA AZ SUMMER SHOOTOUT, PRESCOTT, AZ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 "Tombstones & Cards" at the NARCCA AZ SUMMER SHOOTOUT, PRESCOTT, AZ DRIVNMF Recon G6 13 05-20-2014 08:15 PM
RECON G6 "The Fix" & "The Cure" Pyramid Lake Nevada DRIVNMF Recon G6 29 10-05-2013 03:15 PM
AZ Summer Shootout in Prescott CRAWLER-DAD Arizona 5 06-11-2013 03:37 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" DRIVNMF Recon G6 227 10-19-2012 10:26 AM
RECON G6 Challenge & Rock Riot "Cantina for the Con" DRIVNMF Recon G6 166 10-01-2012 05:09 PM