Rock Crawler

Exclamation Central Coast - SLO Areas

How many of you guys are on the central coast? SLO county areas
wonder squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
I joined the Band!

I'm here! I think.

Don't have a crawler, but am working on something much bigger for the crawlers on the Central Coast......Stay tuned!
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

What is it your cooking up there?

Anyone else in the SLO areas?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
Nor-CalRCRC

If you are up for a little drive you can join us in Pacific Grove on Feb. 16th. It should be around 2 hours from SLO.

**Nor-Cal Event #5- Fall / Winter Series**
montereycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Im in nipomo, and NEED other people to crawl with. P.M erb5991, he is also a local. Hey jaxcoffee, hows your plans kicken? Making headway? Keep us posted with what ever little info you can!!

Last edited by gearmonkey23; 02-03-2008 at 05:11 PM. Reason: spelling
gearmonkey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearmonkey23 View Post
Im in nipomo, and NEED other people to crawl with. P.M erb5991, he is also a local. Hey jaxcoffee, hows your plans kicken? Making headway? Keep us posted with what ever little info you can!!
Things are moving slowing but positively. Working on getting a display going for RCP Crawlers for the RCX show in April. That is taking up most of my time since the window for getting that together is narrow. With that done, or at least rolling will be the opportunity for folks to see first hand what we are working on.

If we are able to show at RCX, that will be the time we will start letting out more information on what our concept consist of. Until then....Stand by! It's all good.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I might be able to get down there with a buddy. Hopfully you can get a spot
Old 02-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #8
I joined the Band!

Quote:
I might be able to get down there with a buddy. Hopfully you can get a spot
Will it looks like the RCX thing for us is not going to happen, but we are still moving forward with our concept and will let it out as soon as the time is right. Hang in with us. All good things take time. This is no exception.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

=( well. No spot for rcc....They must not know who they are dealing with here......possibly the best crawler site on earth????
Old 02-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #10
I joined the Band!

Quote:
=( well. No spot for rcc....They must not know who they are dealing with here......possibly the best crawler site on earth????
I'm sure RCP Crawlers are still planning on being there, and so will we, just not the product we will be using for our crawler courses.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Ah, anywho. back to the point of this thread... gtg localy or what?
Does anyone know some good crawl spots here on the coast?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Theres a great spot in Morro Bay.

Lots of varied terrain in the area. Some tide pools, lots of uneven weird shaped rock, some cool crevices, great traction on alot of it, theres also some loose dirt hill climbing and some sand to play in for rigs with more wheel speed. Plenty of easy crusing for a scaler and just as much heavy challenge area for comp spec 2.2's and supers. A few miles down the road there was some 1:1 wheeling aswell (some dirt trails, nothing heavy) but that may have gotten closed down.

Its in northern Morro Bay as your heading north up hwy 1. Can give some better directions for anyone interested.

Also, any of you guys into 1:1 wheeling? I live a couple blocks from the dunes
Old 02-05-2008, 11:29 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

blocks from pismo? I know that spyglass has some good crawler places, as well as port san luis. We should get a bunch of locals for a meet sometime. Anyone up for a meet? Im not much of a organizer, so someone get this thing rolling
If your intrested, we need to know what color crystals your running....
red here.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #14

Hello,
My name is Nick. I live in Atascadero. We have been down to the montana de oro area it was a little hike but way cool. We usually get a fairlly large group togather at night up in paso. Barney Schawts park. There is pretty cool terrain there. I am not online much due to being busy with work, but I will try to check in more often now that there is some locals. I am deffinatelly down to meet up and crawl. There are probably about 5 to 8 of us that meet up pretty regularly. Let me know.
sick_twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

yeah we have been having mini comps at the park in paso 7pm mondays....got second place this week... shoot a pm if anyone needs details.....sam
wheelspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #16
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspeed View Post
yeah we have been having mini comps at the park in paso 7pm mondays....got second place this week... shoot a pm if anyone needs details.....sam

Hey Wheelspeed,

I would like some information on your comps. Is it at Barney Schwartz Park that you guys crawl at? How many are showing up?

I'll have to make it out there one of these evenings. Sounds like fun. Did you guys ever organize a club or anything?

Did you ever finish up that wheely King for your son?
Old 04-15-2008, 03:49 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

wheelspeed are you a friend of the ol dirt dogg? if you are then would you paleeeeze let these people know who is in it to win it you can say it "OL DIRTY DIRT" has put in work, i climb rocks and take names kuzz, let these people know that i am a gangsta i sag my shit low i slang rocks out the window of my krawla and i brang dem thangs fo da ladies sittin on the sidelines hollerin GO BIG DIRTY you the man BIG DIRTY can we hold yo thang BIG DIRTY, let the people of cali know that when BIG DIRTY is at yo comp watch yo ladies black,white,dirty,skinny,fat,drunk, or just smellin like skunk "OL DIRTY DIRT" likes em all i represent for the REAL SIN-TRAL COAST so recognize NEA..............................
ol dirty dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #18
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol dirty dirt View Post
i represent for the REAL SIN-TRAL COAST so recognize NEA..............................
Well! Not really.

Last edited by jaxcoffee; 04-15-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #19

Question Wanna crawl

hey guys, Live out behind the lakes. Been into RC for a long time. New to crawling. I'd like to hook up with some of you and test out my new rig. Are Monday nights still happening at Barney Swartz park? Or anything anywhere else? Any info appeciated.
Thanks,
Rich
nano cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #20
I joined the Band!

Default Team Firestone!

Just wanted to let you central coast crawler guys know, I have gotten the rights to use the graphics from Firestone Walker Brewery for developing a team of RC Rock Crawlers to represent them.

If your interested in doing a themed body to be part of this brewery team, contact me by PM, and we can get things setup for getting you some graphics for your body.

If we don't get enough interest from the CA guys, we will be letting it out to other states with more active clubs and members.