Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Next Nor-Cal get together? PICS added to page 2!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Next Nor-Cal get together? PICS added to page 2!

Any of you guys have plans to get together again any time? I put some more time into my little guy and might even be able to run it here in a short while. I have a lot of little things to do on it and no time to do it, but maybe if there was a reasonable goal, it might kick me to sneak some fab time on it. I have been working 7 days a week and will also be working this weekend, but maybe sometime after next week?

Here it is just testing some cardboard skins and looking for proper placement of electronics. Still a ways to go on function, but getting there. It's taking me so long that it is already outdated in its design

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2005, 08:54 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I think we should have a get-to-gether next weekend june 19 at san carlos that is just my 2 cents. who in?
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:11 AM   #3
RCC Addict

That might work well for me since I think I am working. I am just down the street from the place..... sort of anyway. I might need a ride from someone from ElCamino and Harbor

-Sam
Old 06-13-2005, 10:20 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'll be out of town again. The rig looks nice Sam. I'm planing on a new scale buggy myself.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:56 AM   #5
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I won't be able to make this either.

Nice rig Sam!
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:57 AM   #6
R.I.P. Chip

Damn Sam finally gets a rig together and what, are you guys all scared?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 03:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
Damn Sam finally gets a rig together and what, are you guys all scared?
Sam's rig would be perfect up against my Mounty. One of these days we'll hook up Sam.

Ohh and Sam, you need some of RCKJeeps rockrings on those rims.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:14 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Oh well, maybe if you guys have some time after work this week, we can hook up? My weekend doesn't look good either right now, but I am keeping the thought open.

I think the Tubed Slinky will be fun to run with the Mounty. That was such a fun and realistic rig to drive. My rig doesn't nearly have the same belly clearance, so it will be interesting to try and follow your lines. Speaking of which, do you have any new pics of the beast? I just got a batch of drool pics from rckjeep of his rigs and am excited to run a couple with you guys.

-Sam
Old 06-14-2005, 10:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam
Speaking of which, do you have any new pics of the beast? I just got a batch of drool pics from rckjeep of his rigs and am excited to run a couple with you guys.

-Sam
Thanks for getting me off of my arse and getting some updated pics of my rig Sam. I have made many changes and the rig is soo much better since you drove it down in San Jose.

I created a new thread with my updates and pics.
Badger's Mounty Version 3, now with scale bumper dumper!

I can go crawl after work one day this week. Maybe we can check out a location I have been scouting out for a scale trail ride. It is about 3 minutes from my house in San Carlos and if we don't like it we can go to the normal San Carlos spot since it gets dark so late now.

And if you need a ride let me know.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:25 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Ok, team Kelloggs Corn Flakes is all loaded up in the bag and ready for some rock rompin tomorrow. It has been so long since I crawled with anyone (else's rig) that I forgot how the rigs worked. The last run was that trail ride at Dana Rock Park where we did that trail ride. That was a good time.

So 5:30 sound good Badg'a? Can you still pick me up from work? If so, just we can talk on the Cell to pick a spot to meet up.

Do you have any pics of tomorrow's spot by chance?

-Sam
Old 06-15-2005, 10:58 PM   #11

I'm all packed up and ready also. I started fabbing up a rear servo mount so I can have a winch in the rear also, but I won't have it done by tomorrow since I also have to buy another micro switch to run both servo's on one channel.

Yep I can still pick you up at work, 5:30 sounds good to me. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I hope your electronics are somewhat covered up.

I went to the spot tonight and it looks good to crawl at. There is a little running water also which make for more fun. I don't have any pics of it sorry. If we don't like it Hyde Park is only 5 minutes away.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:19 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Rain eh? My cereal box may warp a little. I actually have no water protection for my crawler. I need to go pull a couple zip locks then.

I need to hook up a winch on my rig as well though I have no room. I will have to pick your brain on how you did yours. I am better at talking in person about such things than trying to read them on the net.

See you tommorrow. Glad you have the winch. My rig seems to flip a lot under my control.

-Sam
Old 06-15-2005, 11:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Rain eh? My cereal box may warp a little. I actually have no water protection for my crawler. I need to go pull a couple zip locks then.

I need to hook up a winch on my rig as well though I have no room. I will have to pick your brain on how you did yours. I am better at talking in person about such things than trying to read them on the net.

See you tommorrow. Glad you have the winch. My rig seems to flip a lot under my control.

-Sam
Winches are super easy to do. I will show you mine and explain it and you will understand what I mean.

Should I bring my camera?
Old 06-16-2005, 12:21 AM   #14
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
Should I bring my camera?
Ummm duh!
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:34 AM   #15
RCC Addict

To quote Jason,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
Ummm duh!

I will bring my rain camera (which just also happens to by my sunny day camera which also happens to be the camera where the flash won't turn off which... ok, you get it)

Talk to you tomorrow.

-Sam
Old 06-16-2005, 12:42 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I may try and head up there tomorrow too. If thats cool?
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:07 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
I may try and head up there tomorrow too. If thats cool?
I say it's ok, but there is a late signup fee that goes along with it. Slip Badger and I a couple 20s and we will let you join us.

I look forward to you coming up (if you can). See you all today. By the way, carrying an R/C car, batteries, controller, charger, and tools in a duffle bag on the train all while on roller blades..... sucks!!! It can be a pain in the *** sometimes when trying to be an eco-friendly commuter.

-Sam

Last edited by SlinkySam; 06-16-2005 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Because I felt like it. Got a problem with that? See me after school behind the McD's dumpster to settle this.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:17 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

LMAO!! nice edit reasen slinky^
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred
LMAO!! nice edit reasen slinky^

Haha... Good catch. I saw that and couldn't resist. I even found that the swear word filter works in it too. I was thinking I might find a work around for it since I foam at the mouth with Turrets.

You coming today BigRed?

-Sam
Old 06-16-2005, 02:44 PM   #20

Quote:
You coming today BigRed?

-Sam
LMAO! Thats even more funny! Bigred does not even exist, he is a figment of out crawling imagination.