RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   BAY AREA CRALWERS.time,spot & date is set.Aug 28@12 noon (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/1106-bay-area-cralwers-time-spot-date-set-aug-28%4012-noon.html)

86ss1 07-22-2004 03:35 PM

BAY AREA CRALWERS.time,spot & date is set.Aug 28@12 noon

The time and date and place has been picked...THe Official time is going to be

SATURDAY AUGUST 28 @ 12 noon .at Seascape resort in Aptos, Ca ..In the same vicinity as Santa Cruz.

Here are the directions ...

From San Francisco Bay Area/San Jose

Follow Hwy 101 south to I-880, which becomes Hwy 17 south over the Santa Cruz Mountains. Exit Hwy 1 South (Watsonville/Monterey) from Hwy 17 and continue 9 miles south to the San Andreas/Larkin Valley Road exit. Turn right off the exit and follow San Andreas west to Seascape Blvd. Turn right on Seascape Blvd. and continue until it ends at Seascape Resort Drive. Lobby is to the left.

Small Portion of Directions Map

From Monterey Bay

Follow Hwy 1 north towards Santa Cruz. Exit Hwy 1 at the San Andreas/Larkin Valley Road exit. Turn right off the exit and follow San Andreas west to Seascape Blvd. Turn right on Seascape Blvd and continue until it ends at Seascape Resort Drive. Lobby is to the left.

From Sacramento Area

Follow Hwy 80 West to I-680 south, which becomes I-280 North. Exit at Hwy 17 south going over the Santa Cruz Mountains. Exit Hwy 1 South (Watsonville/Monterey) and continue 9 miles south to the San Andreas/Larkin Valley Road exit. Turn right off the exit and follow San Andreas west to Seascape Blvd. Turn right on Seascape Blvd. and continue until it ends at Seascape Resort Drive. Lobby is to the left.

Hope to see you guys there,....

skyjacker_rc_club 07-22-2004 03:44 PM

Re: BAY AREA CRALWERS.Trying to Organize crawling event.Chec

when you say bay area were are you located. im down in santa cruz and have about 4 guys that might be able to go as long as its not to far. :D

Beenerman 07-22-2004 09:56 PM

im in san jose. where do you guys crawl in santa cruz?

skyjacker_rc_club 07-22-2004 11:38 PM

we crawl down at the seascape resort, they have a nice rock trail. they dont mind our 5 person club but if you get 30 people down there you may want to ask first. :D

here is a little video of the place for you. :wink:

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=29289

skyjacker_rc_club 07-22-2004 11:50 PM

here is a pic.

http://img28.exs.cx/img28/6987/rcralwer.jpg

86ss1 07-22-2004 11:56 PM

isnt that the private resort in Capitola?? I believe that have a path leading down from the parking lot right?? I remember crossing over a small bridge now with rocks on both sides...IS this the same place Im thinkin about???

Maybe next time you guys do it I will go down to check it out ...

skyjacker_rc_club 07-23-2004 12:03 AM

yes thats the place.

im in the middle of building my scale scorpian and then it will be ready for the rocks. my txt-1 is also getting an overhaul so all i got to take my anger out on is a indy emaxx. i will keep an eye open for other spots. but what do you think of that one?:D

rbgerrish 07-24-2004 06:44 PM

Hey, next time you guys are at Seascape Resort, cruise up the beach north to the seawall in front of the homes and check out the rocks in front of the wall. I used to make some incredible trails there!

http://www.gerrish.net/PDRM1497.JPG

http://www.gerrish.net/PDRM1511.JPG

Ryan
(missing aptos) :(

skyjacker_rc_club 07-24-2004 08:52 PM

ive crawled there and is tons of fun. :D this spot would be better for a comp anyways because its not up in the resort and there are so many rocks that you could crawl forever and not touch the same one. thanks for reminding me.

rckjeep 07-24-2004 10:19 PM

Count me in I'm in San Jose too.

Beenerman, where in San Jose? I'm South Blossom Valley area

skyjacker_rc_club 07-25-2004 12:29 AM

cool 8)

rckjeep 07-25-2004 06:22 PM

Do we have a date yet? or a location?

skyjacker_rc_club 07-25-2004 09:31 PM

I would say the rocks at hidden beach would be our best place to crawl. I might go check it out this week if I get one of my rigs done. Ill post some pics when I go. Never work on more then one rig at a time lol :cry:

We also need to get a final head count and pick a date. If you guys know anyone in your area that crawls tell them about the event. Like 86ss1 says if we get enough people we could get some sponsorship and that would be great. :D

rckjeep 07-25-2004 10:27 PM

As long as it's not labor day weekend I can make it. Going 1:1 wheeling if I can get my jeep done. Mine It's been a while since I've wheeled it. My SOA, F&R axle swap, disc conv., high steer swap has taken more time than I thought. I'm finishing up my traction bar and my brakes currently. Anyway, keep me updated on the event. unfortunately I don't know anyone who crawls R/C.

skyjacker_rc_club 07-26-2004 12:35 AM

so far we have my 3-4 people, rckjeep,86ss1 and Beenerman. So 7 people. we will have to see what 86ss1 has for people it sounds like he has more then just himself. id say 10-15 people would make a good event. :wink:

kyle 07-26-2004 01:13 AM

I'm interested if it's somewhat close to san jose.

skyjacker_rc_club 07-26-2004 03:22 AM

it will probaly be in santa cruz if you could make it we would have 8 people. :D

bigred 07-27-2004 02:37 PM

i live in mt view ca if you post a spot and where it is i will be there 8)

rckjeep 07-27-2004 06:15 PM

Sky, I'm sure you already thought of these things but here's what I'd like to see. A map to the location, (after it's been decided), a list of rules (if it's a competition) and damn I forgot what my thought was. Anywho, do we know when it will be?

bigred 07-27-2004 06:38 PM

i know a great spot around the corner of my house in mt view ca crawlers dream spot i cant post pics right now ,but for the people that dont now where mt view is its like 15 minutes froom san jose 8)