Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Nor-Cal, Wheeling Week of 19 Jun 05

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2005, 11:17 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Nor-Cal, Wheeling Week of 19 Jun 05

Badger, rckjeep, any other Nor-cal crawlers:

Any of you guys up for a mid week after work crawl at the new spot that Badger and I hit last week? I am so ready for another run up the creek. However, after some wheeling this weekend, I have quite a few repairs to make

Speaking of which, any of you guys have a spare motor capacitor-0.1UF, as used with the Novak Rooster? I seem to have broke one of mine during a roll over (or 30 to be more realistic in # of rolls). I also semi-chewed up one of the Bruiser gears, but a little loc-tite and muscle should have fixed that one. Also, I bent up my shock towers as well when making a few roll over saves. Lastly, I took out my front drive shaft. The plastic stripped out a bit where the set screws live, so I have to mount up my steel ones that just came in the mail.

Let me know. I will throw my tuber back together for some running. Preferably something like Wed or Thurs so that my servos come in.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2005, 08:31 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I'd be up for it.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:20 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

im up for it.... LMk..hopefully i finally get my steel output yokes in and put so I can stop throwing these damn drivelines... ..lmk if it is a go so I can make arrangements..

also badger or sam - would it be a good place for a touareg to do some flexing???
86ss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:36 AM   #4
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I am up for some crawling, but I don't think I want to go back to the same spot right now though. I took my jacket off because I was getting to hot when Sam and I went and now I have 4 huge spider bits and a alergic reaction all over my arms. I got three different medicines from the doctor this morning.

So maybe we could crawl at the Hyde Park estates location?

I'd say bring your toerag regardless of where we go Paul.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:44 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

how about making this getoghter for this weekend ill be up for it.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep
how about making this getoghter for this weekend ill be up for it.
I will be in LA this weekend.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
alergic reaction all over my arms. I got three different medicines from the doctor this morning.
You sure that ain't from spending this weekend in San Faagcisco?

Last edited by jason; 06-20-2005 at 11:55 AM.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
You sure that ain't from spending this weekend in San Faagcisco?
No, you are mistaking the severe acne around my mouth for a rash. The doctor said I am going through puberty and it is perfectly normal.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:54 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I am up for anywhere fun. 3 rigs would be sweet. More would be... well... sweet also.

Don't feel alone there Badger. I too came back with a gift from the creek. I appear to have some poison oak. It was worth it though. I just need to bring some clippers with me next time to cut that stuff out of the way. I saw it while I was there, but didn't think we were close. I guess we were. You mentioned you had spider bites. I saw several spiders, but I didn't get any bites myself. Guess I got lucky.

I need to get some capacitors before we go, but I should have my rig running by mid week.

Any thoughts on where you want to go Badger? Any other creeks like that? Maybe wider ? Shall I bring some Spider-B-Gone with me this time?

-Sam
Old 06-21-2005, 03:31 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I say hide park on thursday. I'm there.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:35 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Ok sounds good to me. Gives me an extra day to fix the rig. Poor little guy. Not two runs old and the thing needs cosmetic surgery. I need some new skins too. Maybe this time I will bust out the Metamucil skins or the Quaker Oats skins. The possibilities are unlimited . Lets meet around 4:30 to 5:00?

-Sam
Old 06-21-2005, 10:11 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
I will be in LA this weekend.
badger, next time you are in LA, drop me a line so we can hook up a crawl. i know rockpiledriver would be up for it too. also, rockpiledriver and i will be hitting one of the nor-cal comps later in the summer or early fall. my summer schedule is pretty much shot until the end. can't seem to get a so-cal group happening so we are going to go where the action is!
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046
badger, next time you are in LA, drop me a line so we can hook up a crawl. i know rockpiledriver would be up for it too. also, rockpiledriver and i will be hitting one of the nor-cal comps later in the summer or early fall. my summer schedule is pretty much shot until the end. can't seem to get a so-cal group happening so we are going to go where the action is!
Will do. I know I won't have time this weekend since I will be visiting family that I have not seen in a long while.

Sam, I do not really have time to crawl after work this week. Maybe we can hook up some time next week.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:21 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Sam, I do not really have time to crawl after work this week. Maybe we can hook up some time next week.
Bah... oh well. Hey rckjeep, you up for crawling still? If not, I have several repairs to make anyway.

-Sam
Old 06-23-2005, 09:10 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

ya I'd like to crawl still. Do we have to go to SC. are could we go down here?
Old 06-23-2005, 11:59 AM   #16
RCC Addict

I have it totally torn down now, so this might be better to do tomorrow. Are you up for that at all? If not, I can throw it together (it's just a frame right now), and get it going.

Do you have my cell #? If not, I will PM you now with it, so disregard my question

-Sam
Old 06-25-2005, 10:14 AM   #17
RCC Addict

rckjeep and any others wheeling today - I have been at work all morning trying to crank out the paperwork. I should be looking good to crawl this afternoon. Anyone still up for it?

I am almost done rebuilding my crawler. There isn't much left to do other than wire up a couple things and fire it up.

-Sam
Old 06-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Hey rckjeep, thanks for taking me to school today. Looks like I have a lot to tweak on my truck now to get up the stuff you were crawling. I now have an understanding of a lot more than before. Can't wait till the next crawl or even the next trials run. Next time, we need Badger as well so we can do a non-assisted trail run.

-Sam
Old 06-26-2005, 07:02 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Ya, I think some tweaking that thing could crawl pretty good. At least as good if not better than my buggy.