Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: 20 pts. progess rule

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 02:51 AM   #21

When are the progress points awarded??? After you pass threw a gate or when the course is finished??? for instance... pass threw gate 1 2 and 3... are you at -3 before the next gate?
camotmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by camotmaxx View Post
When are the progress points awarded??? After you pass threw a gate or when the course is finished??? for instance... pass threw gate 1 2 and 3... are you at -3 before the next gate?
You get the progress points when you finish the course. Say you scored 31 points for the course but you only went through 3 gates your score is 28 but if timing out or pointed out your score is 28. 40 for timing out/DNF minus the 3 gates = 37

Last edited by drumbeater; 04-16-2008 at 09:55 AM.
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #23
Old guy

I don't care if someone wants to pick their rig up for 20pts. Let them and I'll drive threw and get a -1 for the gate or a 19, It only takes 1 to win.

If you can't drive the course pick your rig up and get out of the way
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #24
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Rnr View Post
Eventhough I wasnt there last weekend I've heard alot of grumbling about the difficulty and scoring.

Personally, I dont like the rule, dosn't seem correct to be able pick up the truck and advance to the next gate for only 20pts.

I say you got to run it no matter what!
There was nothing we could do about the difficulty, I set up two of the courses and Dustin set up the other. Neither of us wanted to give up the comp so that we could pre run to make sure everything was doable. Please appologize on my behalf to those who were upset about the courses. The terrain proved extremely slick and I set up gates that would normally be a walk in the park

Everything I heard after the comp was nothing but positive remarks from the reno guys and the nor-cal vets. They enjoy a challenge and thats what I provided. All the courses were doable with low scores of 11, 9, and 16 respectively. If guys want to complain they are more than welcome to offer a helping hand at the comps and give their opinion rather than bitch and moan afterwards

Erik this is nothing against you, but I heard the same thing was being said as well. So please pass it on
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing View Post
There was nothing we could do about the difficulty, I set up two of the courses and Dustin set up the other. Neither of us wanted to give up the comp so that we could pre run to make sure everything was doable. Please appologize on my behalf to those who were upset about the courses. The terrain proved extremely slick and I set up gates that would normally be a walk in the park
I think they should just be glad that Sam didn't set up the courses.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

in my case I dont think the courses were difficult but the terrain was. I think the harder the course the more of a challenge it is, i think it helps me drive better, but maybee not this last weekend.. anyways i have been to that spot and knew there was no easy lines and its not the course designers fault, like brandon said on different terrain those courses would be alot different. At the local gtg's we use the 20pt rule and usually dont use it at the nor-cal comps. If we dont use it than its fine with me..
ruck"n"roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #27
MODERHATER™

Here in Colorado, we do not use the 20 point rule, we prefer to drive our crawlers not carry them.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #28
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Here in Colorado, we do not use the 20 point rule, we prefer to drive our crawlers not carry them.
Seems I have the same preferances
Old 04-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing View Post
All the courses were doable with low scores of 11, 9, and 16 respectively.

Not sure if you know or not, but the only 2 to complete course 1 did so with the 20pt rule. Daniel with his 9, moved past the first gate with 20pts, and Dean with his 11 moved past gate 4 with 20pts.
Jermsking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:32 AM   #30
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermsking View Post
Not sure if you know or not, but the only 2 to complete course 1 did so with the 20pt rule. Daniel with his 9, moved past the first gate with 20pts, and Dean with his 11 moved past gate 4 with 20pts.
Yikes, didn't realize they had to do that. I think I finished that course with a 32, however ran out of time because I got through the gates without using 20pts so I didn't have time for the last bonus. So it was doable Maybe not the most effective though
Old 04-02-2008, 12:38 AM   #31

Think maybe next time I'm up that way I'll snag a few of those rocks. Then send them to Pro-Line saying, "we need tires that will work on these!!!"
Jermsking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Rnr View Post
Personally, I dont like the rule, dosn't seem correct to be able pick up the truck and advance to the next gate for only 20pts.

I say you got to run it no matter what!

can i get an ameeeeennn!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!

oh wait, i dont live in california. nevermind me.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #33
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
can i get an ameeeeennn!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!

oh wait, i dont live in california. nevermind me.
When are you going to come compete with us anyways?!?!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:45 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

sometime over the summer i'd like to shoot up north for a long weekend. i got an uncle that lives in reno nv and if i go that far i might as well head out to the coast to teach norcal how to crawl right??
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:59 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

I feel the 20 pt rule is B.S. The Nats did not let you use it, so why use it locally.

Bottom line is it comes down to course design. Our (BPRCA) pro "lines" are tough, but at least one gate is set so that you can stradle; take 10 pnts and a your progression points, then wheel your happy azz to the next gate.

I enjoyed the courses @ Nor-Cal's rnd 6 event, but I can see where others had difficulties. I, myself, am a comp junkie. So the standards that I set for course design is an easy recipe:

A person who drives an hour or more to compete needs 10 scoring gates.

A course should be designed to challenge a drivers skill.

Gates are not the only obsticle, getting to a gate should also be a challenge.

A comp is just that, a compitition, Drivers are there to compete, courses should allow that to happen, when it turns into a game of progression, is when the 20 pnt rule favors those that need it. Once a person advances that gate, if he finishes the course, then if you don't clear the gate in a timely fashion, you need to do the same thing and that takes the driving out of a comp.

Just my 2 cents, late, DRIVNMF

And I REALLY liked course 1; gate 3, I lost sleep driving that one over and over and over in my head...
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermsking View Post
Think maybe next time I'm up that way I'll snag a few of those rocks. Then send them to Pro-Line saying, "we need tires that will work on these!!!"

Ain't that the truth!!!! Those rocks are from the devil...
Old 04-02-2008, 02:03 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
sometime over the summer i'd like to shoot up north for a long weekend. i got an uncle that lives in reno nv and if i go that far i might as well head out to the coast to teach norcal how to crawl right??

If you have family here, (Reno), than why haven't you made it up for a BPRCA comp.......

FEAR ?
Old 04-03-2008, 01:48 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

I think the 20pt rule should be droped, drive it dont carry it.
ratterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #39
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratterd View Post
I think the 20pt rule should be droped, drive it dont carry it.
The 20 point rule is so you can drive it. If you can't make the 1st gate , at lest you can hit 20pts and be able to DRIVE the rest of the course. Or you could keep scoring pts at the 1st gate until you point out or time out.

If you can't make it thats no fun, but if You can at lest make some thats fun. And thats what most of us are here for I hope is the fun of it right.
It's funner than anything to kick everybody's but at a comp. I love it
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #40
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Oh man some of you whiners are going to love the new Norcalrcrc rules that should be released very soon.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote