Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: 20 pts. progess rule

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 20 pts. progess rule

Good or Bad ??????????

I think to many of you guys abused it this weekend. Next time you do it with out having your 20 points first I'll be giving you more then the 20pts. you needed. Some of you had like 13-15 points then wanted to use the 20pt. rule by touching your rigs.

So do we want to keep it in our Nor-Cal comps. 2008 rules state rule 1.7.1 is optional

Last edited by drumbeater; 03-31-2008 at 01:45 PM.
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
RCC Addict

No body in Nor-Cal has any thing to say about this? This will be the best time to ask/discuss this rule be for the summer season starts
Old 03-31-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
Old guy

US okies like the 20 point rule, but we crawl real well and don't have to use it to much.
I drive the course, if it takes 20 to do the gate then I need to work on my rig and driving skills. I didn't build this rig to carry it around . But some times we make a course that has a gate that nobody makes, it just kicks our azz.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Truly this will depend on the course. If you have a bunch of guys getting 20 points on a gate then more than likely the gate was too hard. That is just my take on it.
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I think its a good rule if its not cheated on. You should only be able to move it up after you get the 20 points, not before. So touching it to get points, while at the same time moving it up to the next gate shouldn't be allowed.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:14 PM   #6
RCC Addict

People had 13-15 points trying to get through one gate, but didn't fall into the 40 point DNF rule?
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbeater View Post
Some of you had like 13-15 points then wanted to use the 20pt. rule by touching your rigs.
Which would put them at 23 to 25 points and they get no progress point for that gate.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:28 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Yep, i was one of them, i dont want to sound like i wanted to make it easier for myself, but imo on course one from this last nor-cal comp on the first gate i think only 3or 4 ppl made it, most wasting at least 2 minutes trying it and and were waiting for enough points to add up to progress to the next gate. I think that in some situations, like that course that that it helps so ppl can get atleast some progress points. I think that all of the nor-cal comps that i have been too it has never been used. Idunno what else to say ,maybee use it only on certain courses where needed?
ruck"n"roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:34 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

well all of the courses were tricky,but the first gate on one course was just plain difficult, even some of the top nor cal drivers could not make it to the first gate without the 20 point rule. if it was not used for the 20 point advance on that corse all but i think 3 ppl would have had the DNF.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:41 PM   #10
Keep it real

Part of strategy, IMO. At Nationals, they kick out the 20pt rule, you have to drive it, but they have people prerun the courses who aren't competing to see if everything is possible or not.
At our local comps, we use the 20pt rule, as we don't have anyone to prerun, and once in a great while, we have a gate that is not possible without taking 20 and repositioning.
And Eepee, it's only 20 pts total for the gate, whether they already had 13-15 accrued on that gate, when they took the reposition, that is the whole point of the rule But yes, no progress point.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:55 PM   #11
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
And Eepee, it's only 20 pts total for the gate, whether they already had 13-15 accrued on that gate, when they took the reposition, that is the whole point of the rule But yes, no progress point.
Well that's lame. Why deduct points? We do a 40 point max on the course, then subtract progress, but we don't remove points any other time.

Example: I'm at 14 points for the gate, and realize I'm not making it so I touch my truck (10 points). I'm at 24 now for the gate, but since I went past 20 for that gate I do get to advance past it (no progress points though). We don't remove those 4 points.

You guys remove those 4 points?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:03 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

yea keep it.
dhoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:05 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Well that's lame. Why deduct points? We do a 40 point max on the course, then subtract progress, but we don't remove points any other time.

Example: I'm at 14 points for the gate, and realize I'm not making it so I touch my truck (10 points). I'm at 24 now for the gate, but since I went past 20 for that gate I do get to advance past it (no progress points though). We don't remove those 4 points.

don't know the actual wording on the rule but I THINK its something like a 20 point max per gate thing ???
dhoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:11 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

nor-cal also uses the 40 pt per course then subtract progress points at end of time limit even if the course is not finished.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:14 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post

Yep, in VARCOR, we do. The rules state 20 pts max for the gate, so if you progress through gate 2, the max you can get to make it through gate 3 (rear axles aligned with gate 3 and no progress point) is 20 points. If you choose, you could pick up your rig after gate 2, and place it at gate 3, get the 20 points max for gate 3, and travel on.

In the original scenario of having 13-15 pts, but not 20, then wanting to skip the gate........................it would only take a matter of a few seconds to rev/for 5-7 times to get to 20 pts.............or a reverse plus a quick rollover to get to 20. If a driver just wants to take the touch to skip the gate, then let them.

The rule is optional of course, but we stick with it.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:42 PM   #16
Keep it real

Yes, 20 points max per gate. So if he had collected 5 points on the first gate, made progress, then collected 13 points on gate 2 and couldn't pass it, took a reposition and placed rear wheels in the gate with no progress point(the repo would 20 him for that gate), he would be at a total of 25 points at that point. Then a rollover(5) and then hit a gate, he would be done with 40, with a 39 for a total with only 1 progress point.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I think that is good in some instances, but most of the time it has not been needed, this time though imo it was needed, just some ppl used it in different ways, reverses, touches, hitting gates, repossions etc. i guess it is up to the course designers and judges if it is needed. But in some cases it was abused.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:55 AM   #18
RCC Addict

What was happening was some drivers were racking up points trying to progress through a gate. Some had rollover touches(5pts.) then a lot of reverses(1pt.) let say 13-15 points all together they then decided just to touch their rig or just pick it up to get 20pts. to bypass that gate. I fell this is wrong, they're getting away with only 20pts. instead the 23-25 points they earned. Every gate was do-able you just had to line your rig just right. I know because I saw a lot of guys try and do them when the judges were running their turns which we do last.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:05 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Eventhough I wasnt there last weekend I've heard alot of grumbling about the difficulty and scoring.

Personally, I dont like the rule, dosn't seem correct to be able pick up the truck and advance to the next gate for only 20pts.

I say you got to run it no matter what!
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:25 AM   #20
Keep it real

The only difference between collecting 20pts on a gate by reverses and rollovers and such, and picking up the truck to get 20pts, is to save time on the clock to have a shot at finishing the whole course, there is still a max of 20pts per gate(if your local club decides not to take that rule out)
You still get to bypass the gate(without a progress point) if you get 2 rollovers and 10 reverses(20pts) attempting that gate, right?

Here's another example, say for instance I have 2 rollovers(10), 8 reverses(, and then I get a touch penalty for hitting my foot(5), attempting a gate. Would that be 23pts or 20pts for that gate?
It would still be 20pts for that gate, not 23pts.