Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Fresno

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 10:58 PM   #21

Default Rocks in town?

Hobbytown on bullard and marks built a small rock pile behind the store. It's ok and free
sweedspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #22

I will have to check out Lake Kaweah. Where is a decent spot?
Lawlessjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #23

There was talk of a crawler course at either Central Valley RC Raceway or the new track next to the bowling alley in Madera. Anyone know what happened to either?
MoralThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:16 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

Lake Kaweah may be too full yet + packed with the summer crowd, but the second launch ramp, (when low), go down the ramp a bit, take the road to the left and there's a spot right off the road to the left. Also if you go down the ramp a bit, take a right onto the dirt road and follow it toward Three Rivers you'll go through a cutout between a huge rock pile, there's some cool crawl'n there too. These two places are good for several hours of fun, not sure what the rangers would say to a comp though.
HOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #25

As long as the Park fees were paid I don't think they would have a problem with it.
Lawlessjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #26

Out of curiosity I went to the HobbyTown in Fresno to see if they actually had a rock course. I went behind the store and they had a fenced off area with some bricks stacked and some wood. I don't know if that was what was considered a rock pile, but it didn't look like much. Plus it was fenced off and locked.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:21 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoralThreat View Post
Out of curiosity I went to the HobbyTown in Fresno to see if they actually had a rock course. I went behind the store and they had a fenced off area with some bricks stacked and some wood. I don't know if that was what was considered a rock pile, but it didn't look like much. Plus it was fenced off and locked.

That is the place. like i said its not the best but its close and you can make hard lines if you want. If you ask them in the store to open it they will open the gate and let you in.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:14 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

My opinion, hobby town is shit. a couple years ago they were the shit, now they are just shit. i have a hard time getting service in there.
88toyota88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:49 PM   #29

Default New crawler spot near fresno

I was at millerton today and saw some huge granite slabs. they are near the boat ramps and they look like they have some hard lines. plus there is plenty of parking for a comp. the only thing that sucks is that you have to pay to get in, but you can drive right up to them.

Last edited by sweedspeed; 08-23-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:02 PM   #30
RCC Addict

dicky over at cycle arts tells me that there is a 4X4 shop on clovis ave that has a rock course. havent really had a chance to check it out for myself cause of work.
word is, axial was there on friday evening
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXt559 View Post
dicky over at cycle arts tells me that there is a 4X4 shop on clovis ave that has a rock course. havent really had a chance to check it out for myself cause of work.

If you check it out, post what you find. I may have to go buy there. That's a good idea for them to have a course, could potentially get more people involved.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:12 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXt559 View Post
I've seen that rock corse its pretty sweet. The only problem is that it is closed to the public. here is a link of some pics.

http://www.trail-gear.com/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=6058
Old 09-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #33

That's a pretty nice course. Are they doing comps over there or is it just used by people who work there?
Old 09-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

ive crawled there, but because i know the owner and my brother works there. and a couple of them have crawlers. they one comp they held was sweet, axial sent out 2 crawlers i think for people to use.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #35

It is only open when they have a comp and for customers only. Unless you either work there or know someone who does. It looks pretty sweet though. They put a lot of work in to it.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedspeed View Post
It is only open when they have a comp and for customers only. Unless you either work there or know someone who does. It looks pretty sweet though. They put a lot of work in to it.
ya, they put 2 days of work into it i think. some parts of te course are difficult and alot of people flip over on some parts.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #37

ya it looks like alot of work but it does not look so hard. in most of their pics it looks like all they put on it is RTR's and stock kit trucks. if they ever open it up i would like to try it out still.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #38

If they are doing comps that would be great. I'm having fun bashing my stretched Wheely King, but I want to see how I can do against others.

Oh and when I was at Hobbytown the other day I did ask them about the coarse in the back, they will have it open to the public during the weekends.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #39

i dont think there i a crawler club in fresno but there is enough rc crawlers to have one. so we need to have everyone meet up on a weekend in a few weeks. so if you have a spot or you just want to crawl with other crawlers post up and we can set something up.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #40
Pebble Pounder

sounds good to me.