Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Nor-Cal Bean scale Trail Run (LOTS OF PICS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 09:09 PM   #41
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino438 View Post
now Dean's frame looks like one of the frames i had! it took about 3 hours get it as straight as i can. i know Dean will get striaght again or change it out. he should have shelves of bruiser frames
You need to see the frame from the front! It looks even worse than the bottom shot. Now I have to make another bumper.:-( Hopefully I can salvage this one but it's not looking good.

My frame supply has dwindled to only two remaining. At one point, I think I had 10 spares. Time to find some more on the bay!
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

great looking spot and nice rigs!

I can see why Nate said Vasquez Rocks was like the Bean...
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Cool pics Brandon, my fav is post #9 third from the top.

Had a blast wheelin' with you all and after see how the Trail Doc XL's performed I ordered up a set of the soft's for myself. Can't wait to do it again.
Mad4Rnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:06 PM   #44
Rock Stacker

awsome pics the back drop was perfect. crazy sand hills was that from when the tide went out or somthing looked insane in some of the photos had to set one as my screen saver at work.but liked the story line the best
pencrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:44 PM   #45
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler View Post
Nice pics and story! Ive got to make it down there again.
Its definately worth the drive! Takes me about 2 hours to get there but I NEVER regret it You are always welcome to ride along with me too Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
Awesome photos and spot.

Now I need to really finish up my build so I can come out there with you guys.
Get it done man! Its always cool to get all the Nor-cal scalers together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
Killer spot, Killer rigs, and killer pics....

would have been killer if they were all in Montana :-(
Yeah I know man! Me, Dean, and Erik were all planning on going but work got in the way for all of us :-( Going to the Bean was a way for us to try and forget what we were missing out on It worked for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echodawg View Post
Swell photos. Your truck even has that coastal rust thing going on.

I work not far from there, one of these days I'll have to shoot over. Do you guys make a point of going at low tide?
All the rust on these rigs is natural Next time we head out there I will try to let ya know ahead of time. We usually get lucky with the tide, however even when its high tide there is plenty of crawling to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post
You guys definately know how to "Scale!" Great pictures, with almost zero "Foot of God" interference. Insanely realistic- one of the nicest trail ride pic threads I've seen. Five stars, marvelous work! I miss the bean, great spot...

RYAn
Thanks Ryan! It was a blast, really nice change of pace to just go to the Bean for fun and not running a comp. Let us know next time you are going to be in the area!! We need some more swimming lessons from the G Wagen
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

You bastards! That spot is awesome! Brandon you're so lucky crawling with Dean. The Blazer looks sweet now with the new additions.....
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #47
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Rnr View Post
Cool pics Brandon, my fav is post #9 third from the top.

Had a blast wheelin' with you all and after see how the Trail Doc XL's performed I ordered up a set of the soft's for myself. Can't wait to do it again.
Thats my favorite pic too! The Trail Doctors are awesome, however they will be the first tire that I will have to rotate on an RC to get more life out of them. The rears show a lot more wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencrazy View Post
awsome pics the back drop was perfect. crazy sand hills was that from when the tide went out or somthing looked insane in some of the photos had to set one as my screen saver at work.but liked the story line the best
Thanks! I am going to edit the first post with a link to the full album, and the higher res pics are in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
You bastards! That spot is awesome! Brandon you're so lucky crawling with Dean. The Blazer looks sweet now with the new additions.....
Thanks DJ! I love this blazer, couldnt ask for a better rig, its been so reliable. Learned a lot from Dean, but nowadays he is lucky to be crawling with me
Old 05-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
You need to see the frame from the front! It looks even worse than the bottom shot.
I happen to have a shot from the front.

I'll explain what happened. We were down on the southern most side of the Bean. There was a decent sized drop right were Chino was crawlin and off it went, down I'd say 4-6 feet and almost into the ocean. Not a small puddle or a tide pool, but waves crashing into the rocks. It was close.

Brandon, I can't believe you didn't say anything about this picture. Fill the guys in, will ya

It was an awesome day. I'm going to head back up there soon. There really is no place like the Bean. Oh here's some more tech.

After a day at the Bean it's great to take your steel skid plate and coat it in POR 15. Next time I go to the Bean I shouldn't have any rust issues.

Last edited by rckjeep; 05-21-2008 at 11:31 PM.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:33 PM   #49
Oppan Gangnam Style

It's all about "Whitey" keeping all the other ethnicities down!

Couldn't figure out why my truck wouldn't move.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:42 PM   #50
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post

Brandon, I can't believe you didn't say anything about this picture. Fill the guys in, will ya

Ahh thats right... Dean found a nice sized hole, and you know him he dives into every hole he finds (I can think of many reasons but wont go there). So again I follow... As he was trying to hook up to daves rig I sneak my winch around and hook onto his front bumper My excuse was that I was lifting the front of his rig to "help" him. Ended up being a tangled mess and Lance had to get the Jeep out to pull me. Then because I was goofing around I slipped, fell on my ass and into the hole
Old 05-21-2008, 11:45 PM   #51
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing View Post
Ahh thats right... Dean found a nice sized hole, and you know him he dives into every hole he finds (I can think of many reasons but wont go there). So again I follow... As he was trying to hook up to daves rig I sneak my winch around and hook onto his front bumper My excuse was that I was lifting the front of his rig to "help" him. Ended up being a tangled mess and Lance had to get the Jeep out to pull me. Then because I was goofing around I slipped, fell on my ass and into the hole

Was I there for all of that? I was having a hell of a time trying to remember what went down. Friggin' old age/alzheimers acting up again! I can't seem to remember anything these days.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:14 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Not to mention while using my rig as in anchor in the sand Dean's winch sunk my truck so far into the sand I couldn't move. So using brandon's ass print Dean climbed out and winched my now stuck ass, out. Then I proceed to drive into the hole to give it a go, and not using Lipo power like the others I'm now stuck in the hole. I could drive in it, just not out of it. It was fun.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:22 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Here's a quick clip of a good roll of mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqb_D1nUjUY
Old 05-22-2008, 04:08 AM   #54
Nor-CalRCRC

Great job on the thread Brandon.

I know I have said this before. I will get the video up as soon as I can. 70+ hr week this week. Worked 19 yesterday and ended up going 25hrs with no sleep.
montereycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

That place looks great! Nice photos. I live just up the road in Pacifica. I'll have to get down there soon.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Wicked terrain. I might be up there in a little while.

Need to visit my parents.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:17 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Looks like you guys had a great time. To bad I was stuck sewing all day or I would have loved to have been there. after Pow-Wow season we'll go back and I'll try the F-350 out.
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing View Post
Its definately worth the drive! Takes me about 2 hours to get there but I NEVER regret it You are always welcome to ride along with me too Brian.
Yea it was awesome last time. Its 4 hours for me though. Maybe next time i could meet up with you half way.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:00 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

Wow that terrain doesn't even look real I wish I had some place like that near me.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:49 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

well i got bout 70% of the parts for my yota now.. so hopefully ill be able to go next time....
NSR_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote