RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Norcal Slash bash at Norcal Hobbies this Sunday 7-20 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/127690-norcal-slash-bash-norcal-hobbies-sunday-7-20-a.html)

badger 07-17-2008 12:29 AM

Norcal Slash bash at Norcal Hobbies this Sunday 7-20

For those that are not going to the CKRC Donner event this weekend, Dean and I are going to Norcal-hobbies this Sunday to run our Slashes on the Off road track.

I was there today and ran my Slash for a little over 1.5 hours on the newly built off road track. It is a very technical track with an insane triple with a table top landing.

I'm running a mamba 4600 and 2s lipo in my Slash, it allows me to easily clear the triple but with the stock motor you could easily double/single the jumps and have plenty of speed for the rest of the track.

You need to be a Roar member (If you are not a Roar Member you can sign up at the track) which costs $30. To play on the track costs $12 (cash only) for the whole day.

If you go on a day when they are racing (for instance, they are racing onroad this Saturday so if you wanted to play on the track on Saturday you need to have a Spectrum radio or you cannot play. Otherwise if they are not racing, you can use the frequency clips like cave men do.

I'll post up some shitty pics I took from my phone today, mean while hear are some shots from another site.

This picture has a weird wrap to it which distorts the track
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/...bb20002d_b.jpg

crazy triple
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/...384e02ba88.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/...8ce4ce7f83.jpg

Who's in?

chino63 07-17-2008 01:35 AM

I talked to Dustin, he said that the place by him has two BMX tracks and we can run for free.:D Either way, I dont care.

badger 07-17-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chino63 (Post 1264430)
I talked to Dustin, he said that the place by him has two BMX tracks and we can run for free.:D Either way, I dont care.

The big difference between a BMX track and this race track is the birds eye view you get while driving on the drivers stand at the race track. It sucks when you drive into one of the big bowl/burms and loose visibility or your rig.

Those BMX tracks are also pretty populated with kids on the weekends, especially since it's summer time.

Brandon 07-17-2008 03:21 PM

Dang it... I looked :-(

51504rock 07-18-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger (Post 1264604)
The big difference between a BMX track and this race track is the birds eye view you get while driving on the drivers stand at the race track. It sucks when you drive into one of the big bowl/burms and loose visibility or your rig.

Those BMX tracks are also pretty populated with kids on the weekends, especially since it's summer time.

There are lots of places to stand and see you truck at the bmx track. There are kids at the track but they have been cool so far. When ever i flip my truck the kids go pic it up for me :ror:

If you guys want to come out to the BMX track and run this Sunday I am down.

badger 07-18-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51504rock (Post 1266323)
There are lots of places to stand and see you truck at the bmx track. There are kids at the track but they have been cool so far. When ever i flip my truck the kids go pic it up for me :ror:

If you guys want to come out to the BMX track and run this Sunday I am down.

They might not be so cool when there are several of us on the track and we take it over.

The BMX tracks and a off road course at a hobby shop are just two different styles of playing with the Slashes.

I understand that your a jew and don't want to pay to play. Dean and I are heading over to Norcal Hobbies on Sunday.

51504rock 07-18-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger (Post 1266330)
They might not be so cool when there are several of us on the track and we take it over.

The BMX tracks and a off road course at a hobby shop are just two different styles of playing with the Slashes.

I understand that your a jew and don't want to pay to play. Dean and I are heading over to Norcal Hobbies on Sunday.

yea you are right i do not want to spend $42 just to run my slash one day, not to mention the additional $20 in gas just to get there. especially when i have these two kick a$$ bmx tracks 5 minutes away from my house that i can run at for free

badger 07-18-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51504rock (Post 1266339)
yea you are right i do not want to spend $42 just to run my slash one day, not to mention the additional $20 in gas just to get there. especially when i have these two kick a$$ bmx tracks 5 minutes away from my house that i can run at for free

It's actually only $12 a day to run.

Same goes for me on the gas, I can run a groomed track that is 20 minutes away or drive an hour to run those BMX tracks. The only difference is I am willing to drive the hour but think the track is more fun.

51504rock 07-18-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger (Post 1266361)
It's actually only $12 a day to run.

Same goes for me on the gas, I can run a groomed track that is 20 minutes away or drive an hour to run those BMX tracks. The only difference is I am willing to drive the hour but think the track is more fun.

don't get me wrong i would love to come out and run with you guys but money is to tight right now.

I am not a roar member so i would have so spend the $30 + $12 + gas just to run this weekend. and i do not think i would be able to really take advantage of the membership because the track is far away from me.

maybe some other day you and dean and others from the south bay can car poll up this way and give the bmx tracks a shot.

The next time i am out at the bmx track i will bring a camera to give you a better idea of the track condition. There probably not as groomed as the track you run but they are very fun to run none the less. And did i mention that it is free :lol:

badger 07-18-2008 05:15 PM

I asked this in another thread, are these BMX tracks near Shadow Cliffs on Stanley Blvd? From looking at your pics again it doesn't look like it is with the buildings in the background.

I'm definitely down to go out there. Maybe I'll go over to Norcal on Saturday while the girls are up at Donner and head out to the BMX tracks with Dean on Sunday.

51504rock 07-18-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger (Post 1266509)
I asked this in another thread, are these BMX tracks near Shadow Cliffs on Stanley Blvd? From looking at your pics again it doesn't look like it is with the buildings in the background.

I'm definitely down to go out there. Maybe I'll go over to Norcal on Saturday while the girls are up at Donner and head out to the BMX tracks with Dean on Sunday.

One of the tracks is on Stanley and the other is on Vasco.

That would be sweet if you guys can make it out here Sunday i am totally down.

rockhugger 07-18-2008 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 51504rock (Post 1266364)
don't get me wrong i would love to come out and run with you guys but money is to tight right now.

:lol:

Do my eyes decieve me or is that a 2nd place trophy in your hand and a bag of money and schwag Brian is about to hand you?
Why the phuc are you not at donner?
Swing through Sacramento tonight on your way to Donner and pick up your entrance fee ( $75 ) so you can still make the comp. I might tag along with a tent & sleeping bag.

I'm serious about the money D. YOu should be competing.

51504rock 07-18-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockhugger (Post 1266609)
Do my eyes decieve me or is that a 2nd place trophy in your hand and a bag of money and schwag Brian is about to hand you?
Why the phuc are you not at donner?
Swing through Sacramento tonight on your way to Donner and pick up your entrance fee ( $75 ) so you can still make the comp. I might tag along with a tent & sleeping bag.

I'm serious about the money D. YOu should be competing.

Thank you very much for the offer. I really wanted to compete at Donner, it was my favorite event last year. Trust me there is no way i will miss this event next year.

NorCal 2500HD 07-19-2008 02:43 PM

the stanley track is fun with some really big hits, but if the ranger is out there you have a really good chance of getting an improper use ticket ( depending on who the ranger is ). We used to go out there when we were big into savages and had to deal with the ahole dirt jumpers ( wanting to really throw down and fight) and the rangers hassling us. Got 1 ticket and that was it.

The track off of S vasco is actually pretty cool and not used as much so you can get away with alot more.....

J, what time you guys heading over there? If we get back from fishing in time Ill come over and shoot some pics.

badger 07-19-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD (Post 1267302)
the stanley track is fun with some really big hits, but if the ranger is out there you have a really good chance of getting an improper use ticket ( depending on who the ranger is ). We used to go out there when we were big into savages and had to deal with the ahole dirt jumpers ( wanting to really throw down and fight) and the rangers hassling us. Got 1 ticket and that was it.

The track off of S vasco is actually pretty cool and not used as much so you can get away with alot more.....

J, what time you guys heading over there? If we get back from fishing in time Ill come over and shoot some pics.

Good to know.

I talked to Dean last night and we both want to do more racing then bashing so we are heading over to Norcal Hobbies at around 10 am.

51504rock 07-20-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD (Post 1267302)

I have been to both places here in livermore several times without any problems.

badger 07-21-2008 09:58 PM

I had a good time out there this last Sunday. Dean showed up a showed us how not to drive, then Brian showed up and drove my rig and showed Dean how not to drive. :ror:

I ended up breaking a rear arm and blew a bearing in my mamba 4600 motor.

We need to get more Slashes out there and get a race going.

B-Dog 08-06-2008 01:52 PM

Had a great time out there and it was nice to meet ya in person, Badger. Your Slash was 'tearin up the track! The new layout is even better - check it out soon if you get a chance.