Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Oct.11th practice comp report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Oct.11th practice comp report

A few of us headed out to the Waterfalls at Bollinger Canyon. I had never been there before. What a scenic spot. The water was flowing and the sun shining. We set up a couple of courses and the handful of us ran them like a comp. Then when a line or gate was giving someone trouble we ditched the rules and kept trying. Some of those lines were denying everyone. Those that made them took out 2 or more cones. Then we set up another course, by then a few more guys showed up. This course had a new feature we call a hyper-gate. The idea is, you run the course until the opening to the gate which happend to be a 4 coned gate laid out in a square on a flat rock. You drive into the square trying not to hit a cone then when the Judge says it's ok you pick up your truck and move it to the other end of the hyper-gate,which happened to be a few yards away. The "end" of the gate was a set of cones you had to start behind. Then you continued your run. It was an idea by "Camo" Dean that worked out really well. The 4th course had another hyper-gate but this one was not laid out flat. It was on the side of a rock you had to drive up and stop. The hard part was making the tight U-turn into the gate. Without dig it wasn't fun. The 5th course was on the side of the falls. It looked impossible but after a person ran the tough course people started seeing all the lines to take. It was super fun. All in all it was a great day of crawling. The only casualty was a long side TLT CVD. Unfortunately Sam wasn't there to take pics & "Camo" Dean forgot his camera. Next time. Lets schedule another practice comp soon.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #2
ghetto fabulous newbie

Where was the GTG posted up???? I never knew about this GTG???
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
RCC Addict

^^^ what he said ...I would have gone out there.
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Maybe it as an "In Crowd" thing?? (just joking around!!)

But, I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway, we were Comping in Rohnert Park .... Of course, everyone was invited to that one!
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotachump View Post
Where was the GTG posted up???? I never knew about this GTG???
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbeater View Post
^^^ what he said ...I would have gone out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH Racing View Post
Maybe it as an "In Crowd" thing?? (just joking around!!)

But, I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway, we were Comping in Rohnert Park .... Of course, everyone was invited to that one!
Sorry guys, it was a last minute thing. I only had my phone with me when planning. I called a few people, they called a few people then we left. I'll plan another one. I'm using these practice comps to try new course and comp ideas. It will be an invite only thing, mainly to keep it low key and the spot has very limited parking. Keep an eye out for a PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
Sorry guys, it was a last minute thing. I only had my phone with me when planning. I called a few people, they called a few people then we left. I'll plan another one. I'm using these practice comps to try new course and comp ideas. It will be an invite only thing, mainly to keep it low key and the spot has very limited parking. Keep an eye out for a PM.
Hey dude, Hit me up if you need another rig there! Ill be happy to join you guys.
jmantalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #7

Can someone let me know when you guys go? I'm a newbie that needs a lot of help! Basically, my rig isn't doing what i think it should, so i ordered up some parts and will try something else.

I just need to see how "experts" do it so I can have a feel of what and how to get it right!
SeaBassHWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:14 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBassHWD View Post
Can someone let me know when you guys go? I'm a newbie that needs a lot of help! Basically, my rig isn't doing what i think it should, so i ordered up some parts and will try something else.

I just need to see how "experts" do it so I can have a feel of what and how to get it right!
Where are you in the Bay area? If you are having issues I'd be happy to help
Old 10-15-2008, 09:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
Where are you in the Bay area? If you are having issues I'd be happy to help
I'm in Union City.
SeaBassHWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I would have gone also, I'm a newb and havn't meet 1 of ya.
chetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:26 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Next time we head to the Falls, I'll post up.