RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Orange County rcrc (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/146021-orange-county-rcrc.html)

gigercreeper 11-24-2008 07:37 PM

Orange County rcrc

i made the new thread finaly. flash hope ur feelin better this weeknd. i went to holy jims on sun wth my buddy to get some coool shots of his new 1:1 truck. also got some pics of some red crawl spots. u guys all up for some crawln this weeknd? allred my 2.2 rig is a slow process but next week i will get the rest of the moving parts and get it rolin. i plan on putin in a holmes hobbies revolver.

towtruckmikey 11-24-2008 09:34 PM

Nice Andre, sorry I didnt get back to you on parts, give me a call and I can tell ya what i got. As for this weekend, lets play it by ear for now, but im always ready to go!!

Like the new thread also"thumbsup"

gigercreeper 11-24-2008 11:17 PM

(forgot to add on the first post)
This thread is for those of us that thought that So-Cal crawlers wer involved near Orange county not the the high desert. Anybody that wants to go crawl in this neck of the woods is incouraged to post come and join the fun. Im sure alot of of us would like to see some comps hosted closer to home. Alot of us new to the sceen have alot of questions and i think it is safe to say most of us are visual learners. So the more we can turn out the more we can check out, rigs and set ups. Any way i know that there are alot of us in the oc, so post and lets hit the rocks!!!!!

cruz*hotboxrc 11-25-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigercreeper (Post 1443263)
This thread is for those of us that thought that So-Cal crawlers wer involved near Orange county not the the high desert. Anybody that wants to go crawl in this neck of the woods is incouraged to post come and join the fun. Im sure alot of of us would like to see some comps hosted closer to home. Alot of us new to the sceen have alot of questions and i think it is safe to say most of us are visual learners. So the more we can turn out the more we can check out, rigs and set ups. Any way i know that there are alot of us in the oc, so post and lets hit the rocks!!!!!

nicely said...

Flash 11-25-2008 09:56 AM

Ya hopefully we can get other members to join. And get a few comps too.
ya Ill be ready for Sat crawl if u guys r up for it.

cruz*hotboxrc 11-25-2008 10:28 AM

Im ready to play.....lets do a middle of the week run:?:

Rockpiledriver 11-25-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigercreeper (Post 1443263)

Just thought I would chime in and let you guys know why SoCal competes were it does. There are basically 2 reasons. First, we always try to compete on public lands desiganted for OHV use. The reason is, we don't have to have permits or permissions. There are 2 exceptions. Forest Falls, and Horsemens park. Both of these places though, are happy to have us and both have plenty of parking. The second is simply parking itself. We had 82 competitors in 2.2 last Sunday which equates to over 100 people. 2 people average per car and you need parking for 50 vehicles.

These two things, I believe, will be your biggest hurdle in Orange County. If you guys are serious, and form a club that is recognized by USRCCA we will give you your own forum on the SoCal site like we did with SDRCRC.

Be ready! If you find a spot with enough terrain to hold a full comp, I would expect 30 to 60 people will show up. You will need to have designated judges for all of the courses. Also, this time of year, starting at 10:00 am is about 2 hours too late. I would imagine at your first try, getting 50 people trough before dark will require you to start the comp at 8:00 am sharp.

These things are alot of work so be prepared. The only other advise is, be SURE where you are holding it is ok with the land owner. Take it from experience, if people show up and the location is not acceptable you will hear about it. Good luck.

cruz*hotboxrc 11-25-2008 12:08 PM

"thumbsup"

Shoei1 11-25-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver (Post 1443825)
Just thought I would chime in and let you guys know why SoCal competes were it does. There are basically 2 reasons. First, we always try to compete on public lands desiganted for OHV use. The reason is, we don't have to have permits or permissions. There are 2 exceptions. Forest Falls, and Horsemens park. Both of these places though, are happy to have us and both have plenty of parking. The second is simply parking itself. We had 82 competitors in 2.2 last Sunday which equates to over 100 people. 2 people average per car and you need parking for 50 vehicles.

These two things, I believe, will be your biggest hurdle in Orange County. If you guys are serious, and form a club that is recognized by USRCCA we will give you your own forum on the SoCal site like we did with SDRCRC.

Be ready! If you find a spot with enough terrain to hold a full comp, I would expect 30 to 60 people will show up. You will need to have designated judges for all of the courses. Also, this time of year, starting at 10:00 am is about 2 hours too late. I would imagine at your first try, getting 50 people trough before dark will require you to start the comp at 8:00 am sharp.

These things are alot of work so be prepared. The only other advise is, be SURE where you are holding it is ok with the land owner. Take it from experience, if people show up and the location is not acceptable you will hear about it. Good luck.

Thanks Brian for you info. I would like to help these guys get started. I know we could easy get 20 people at a gtg.

I think it would be good to gtg and discuss a club and it rules and such so we can get comps started asap.

I have been thinking about this idea for awhile but didnt think we could get enough people. Now that this section of the hobby has exploded i think it is time.

Lets do this "thumbsup"

Rockpiledriver 11-25-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoei1 (Post 1443941)
Now that this section of the hobby has exploded i think it is time.

Lets do this "thumbsup"

This is why I pointed out the things that I have. I am glad you are helping with this because I know, you know much of what is involved, and the number of people we have helping at our events. Now consider that after last Sunday it is time for us to restructure our own club due to the shear number of competitors. We had roughly 10 people (judges included) helping with that event. We could have used 5 more.

Expect the worst (60 + entries), plan for it, and you guys should be fine. If you do compete in OC more people are likely to show. It's closer. ;-)

Shoei1 11-25-2008 02:27 PM

Thanks Brian thats cool to hear from you. I couldn't believe the turn out last sunday. I really hope that my fellow orange county group can get together and figure this out.

I am glad your so supportive thanks!

raul duke 11-25-2008 02:55 PM

Good luck guys it's a large task to take on. I can assure you though if you do have a comp I will be there.:mrgreen:

You guys are all welcome to come to San Diego, a lot of our comps are only an hour away from you.

cruz*hotboxrc 11-25-2008 02:57 PM

....."thumbsup"

Shoei1 11-25-2008 03:04 PM

Dave you will see me there, look forward to your series."thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul duke (Post 1444079)
Good luck guys it's a large task to take on. I can assure you though if you do have a comp I will be there.:mrgreen:

You guys are all welcome to come to San Diego, a lot of our comps are only an hour away from you.

cfox109 11-25-2008 03:07 PM

Awsome! Ill Join!

gigercreeper 11-25-2008 04:46 PM

i wasnt trying to put down So-Cal. I appolagize if it came off that way. i was just trying to emphasize that this thread is directed to those in the orange county area. i hope that OCRCRC can be as big like So-cal. I just tryn to get those of us in this are to get together for this growing hobby.

Rockpiledriver 11-25-2008 05:38 PM

Nope, never taken as a put down. I just wanted to clue you guys in on possible issues to help you avoid them from the start. This is a big project to take on in this area because you could easily be overwhelmed the first comp and have people upset if things are not organized well. IE: bad judging, not enough daylight, etc...

The only request I have is this. Please don't schedule comps on the same days as ours or San Deigo's so that everyone has the opportunity to attend all of them if they wish. Our schedule is located on our site. San Deigo's has not been posted yet. Mabey Raul Duke can help with that.

Like has been said in this thread. Most of us are used to driving 2-3 hours to compete. This is less distance for most people so I'd expect a strong turnout if everything is done properly.

Nabil 11-25-2008 06:02 PM

SDRCRC's 09 schedule should be up soon. i got 2 potential comp spots to check out this week and then a schedule will be finalized

gigercreeper 11-25-2008 06:11 PM

we are not tryin to compete against u but with you. as u said it should be a choice for every one to compete in both.

gigercreeper 11-25-2008 06:13 PM

so first things first, when should we have our first meeting. and were to try to become an organized club