RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Socal. San Fernando Valley Crawlers!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/155184-socal-san-fernando-valley-crawlers.html)

psychosupra 01-17-2009 08:53 AM

Socal. San Fernando Valley Crawlers!!

Hello all,

I've been crawling everyday. If I'm not crawling, I'm looking at crawlers. If I'm not looking at crawlers, I'm working on them

I know some pretty cool spots out here in the San Fernando Valley.

Let's get a session going guys!!!

SMFtwstdHICK 01-17-2009 09:14 AM

There is a GTG up at Vasquez Rocks this weekend. 10 am 1-18-09. It's about 35 mins or so away from the Valley off of the 14.

jlmotox 01-20-2009 09:07 PM

must have missed you guys...but then again I didn't know there was a gtg up at vasquez. I try and get up thier once a weekend, let me know when you know of a gtg up there or anywhere near by and I will try and make it out. what rigs do you guys usually have out? I have a super and a ax10. I live in santa clarita and am always looking for a new place to go.

I would also be up for something in san fenando valley too. any good spots out there sfv?

pantablo 01-20-2009 10:36 PM

most of the guys that come out drive scale trucks as its a scaler gtg but you can bring anything you want and drive it till its wheels fall off (which is sooner than you'd think, lol). We hit vasquez about every 3 weeks. I usually post them here too but forgot to this time.
I also post them here: http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69

next one will probably be feb 8 at corral canyon in malibu. Not certain at this time but when I am I'll post up.

we're all rackign our brains to find something in the SFV. We're thinking Stoney Point perhaps...

MtnMan210 02-05-2009 06:59 PM

I'm in the valley. where abouts are you? Chatsworth park always looked good but I haven't been. I mostly go out over into Simi and have found some great spots out that way. But I'm up for any crawling locally too

psychosupra 02-05-2009 11:26 PM

There's a great place in Granada Hills. It's mountains, rocks, and cool little canyons galore. Parking is plush and it's a great spot. You can literally crawl and trail ride for days.

Let's do this!!!

psychosupra 02-05-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantablo (Post 1555103)
most of the guys that come out drive scale trucks as its a scaler gtg but you can bring anything you want and drive it till its wheels fall off (which is sooner than you'd think, lol). We hit vasquez about every 3 weeks. I usually post them here too but forgot to this time.
I also post them here: http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69

next one will probably be feb 8 at corral canyon in malibu. Not certain at this time but when I am I'll post up.

we're all rackign our brains to find something in the SFV. We're thinking Stoney Point perhaps...

Cool man!! Can't wait!! Sounds like fun!

psychosupra 02-11-2009 12:45 PM

CRAWLAGE THIS WEEKEND!!!

WOOT!!!

San Fernando Valley style; Bring your rigs, drinking water, and get ready to have some fun.

2 hours crawl in Granada Hills through canyons, ravines, cliffs, desers, Mars......

PM me for details; WOOT WOOT!!! HAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Let's do this!!!

pantablo 02-14-2009 01:46 AM

I can't make this weekend but you should post up a map, maybe some photos if you have them, but the map is key...
make a separate thread for it with a specific date and time that way it wont get buried in this thread. I'd love to know where to go in GH. I'd like to try it some time..."thumbsup"

boostamante 02-18-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychosupra (Post 1616336)
CRAWLAGE THIS WEEKEND!!!

WOOT!!!

San Fernando Valley style; Bring your rigs, drinking water, and get ready to have some fun.

2 hours crawl in Granada Hills through canyons, ravines, cliffs, desers, Mars......

PM me for details; WOOT WOOT!!! HAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Let's do this!!!

where are you doing this? is this scale or comp rigs?

fordmike65 02-19-2009 01:48 PM

What day are you guys going?

jlmotox 02-19-2009 01:53 PM

I think I will be at vasquez rocks this weekend...not sure what day yet. Probably Sunday.

fordmike65 02-19-2009 03:26 PM

I was planning a small local GTG at Griffith Park & then to Johnny Carson Park this Sunday. Anyone that wants to join iss more than welcome to meet up with us.Shooting for 10-11am.PM if you wanna go.-Mike

SMFtwstdHICK 02-20-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtnMan210 (Post 1603756)
I'm in the valley. where abouts are you? Chatsworth park always looked good but I haven't been. I mostly go out over into Simi and have found some great spots out that way. But I'm up for any crawling locally too

Where abouts in Simi have you gone? I live in Simi, but, have yet to venture out. No time. I am thinking around the Rocky Peak area and down at the bottom of Kuenher Drive.

MtnMan210 02-20-2009 10:38 PM

other end(west end) there's a great spot in the wood ranch area. If you're ever up for checking it out let me know. I'll grab a map for you and post it here.

MtnMan210 02-23-2009 03:38 PM

Ok here's the spot I was talking about. It's the far west end of Simi.

Park in the blue
my favorite place is there in the red. it's only 2mins to walk from the parking lot.

And If you're up for a little more walking check out the areas in green. to hike the full trail is about 1.5 hours.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9513/rcmap.png

liftmys10 02-15-2010 11:22 PM

So where at? :)

infinit_ek 07-04-2012 01:44 PM

Re: Socal. San Fernando Valley Crawlers!!

Anyone still crawling this weekend . Im getting my crawler this friday and hopfully i can do some mods so i can use it this weekend. Anyone down to crawl ?

Kndcat 07-07-2012 01:17 PM

Hey, I have a great rockcrawler area about 15 minutes from Vazquez Rocks. I own 20 acres in the hills above Palmdale. I run my AX-10 almost everyday. Great hills and terrain. Elevation drops over 300 feet!
I'm thinking about starting a rockcrawler course/track where crawlers from LA County can meet and run together. I'm open to any ideas on how to get this started.
If anyone wants to bring their crawler and check out my place just contact me.
Ken

infinit_ek 07-09-2012 08:03 PM

Sup ken i would be done to go crawl over there in palmdale. Im from Northridge its pretty long drive but is it gonna be worth it? Also im off tomorrow if anyone is down to crawl.