Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: santa cruz anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 01:27 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default santa cruz anyone?

just wondering as we're planning a work trip to SC and thought if there's any locals, if you'd like to hook up. not sure of the date yet, what with all the wonderful rain...
minor_threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

can't believe threre's not rcrc'ers in santa cruz...
Old 06-24-2009, 12:01 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

LOL, crawl in the S.C. your gona get malled buy some hippie then busted buy da PO PO. i would suggest try going monterey area more like Pasfic grove. i have seen a comp held there. i have found some ok crawl spots in my home town of salinas nothing really to brag about though.

forgive my spelling.
slegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #4

we are here... Just to stoned to make it on time..
Jsfucttruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Default .

Shawwww Dude........! Surfs up braw
SaxtonSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

right on. we've got a small place down on fresno and if you're gettin' together, lmk -K. I've been crawlin' near the tide pools toward the light house but there's got to be other places. most of my time is spent in the surf or at the sk8prk. it'd be good to do something else, like crawl.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxtonSlaughter View Post
Shawwww Dude........! Surfs up braw

oh wait, i get it. funny kevin. really.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Ever go to Bean Hollow? I went a week ago for the first time. Place is out of this world killer. Here's a link to Nor-Cals google map of crawl spots to find it.

Garden of eden is cool too but it's a bit of a walk or drive if you have scalers (Mile or so past Henry Cowell Park entrance in Scotts Valley/Felton). Driving back up the hill from the water is by far the funnest thing there if you have a scale vehicle. The crawlers would be best near the water cause there are tons and tons of boulders. Bitchen scenery as well...

JB
CruiserHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Thnx CruiserHead! my place near moran lake so that's the beach i walk to. the county beaches suck. too many tourists and the waves are crowded. there's a bit of fun by the lighthouse but not much. anyone go anything more local to SC?

Last edited by minor_threat; 10-28-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I live in boulder creek. Dont spend to much time on this site. But i got some sick sites around here. Just let me know and we can hook up. and get to some real crawlin goin! I will keep my eye here.
bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
I live in boulder creek. Dont spend to much time on this site. But i got some sick sites around here. Just let me know and we can hook up. and get to some real crawlin goin! I will keep my eye here.
You ever go down to GoE then? Most of the stuff by the water is really hard for a scale vehicle but a comp rig would be tits. I wish I was that close. I drive from San Jose just to go there and tootle around. One more cool thing(so far) is that the ranger watched me driving and didn't say anything to me. I might have got lucky with the ranger because they are all different, but not getting ousted is a big plus! FYI~don't bring a dog, they will ticket you for sure. Watch the open beers too. Saw many tickets being issued for those 2 infractions.

Peace,

JB
Old 10-31-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

send me a pm. let me know if you wanna come crawl up here in the mts. i havea scorpion but currently buildin a scaler. it shuold be drivable in a week or two. i have a sick 1.9 spot! a little bit of a hike. but no worse than walkin around the block.
any time just let me know. plus boulder creek is closer than santa cruz!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:18 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

PM'd, thanks man!!! I will definitely have to work in some time for that around school! I love to do hikes and drive!

peace
Old 11-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #14

Where around sc is everyone going? I hit up Natural Bridges,the blow hole, Few places in D.P., White Ladies(Mud,River stones), Moon Rocks, the caves by UCSC, the towers off summit road. There are also a few spots in the harbor with good rocks. Any good spots to recomend?
Jsfucttruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

Default santa cruz crawl spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsfucttruck View Post
Where around sc is everyone going? I hit up Natural Bridges,the blow hole, Few places in D.P., White Ladies(Mud,River stones), Moon Rocks, the caves by UCSC, the towers off summit road. There are also a few spots in the harbor with good rocks. Any good spots to recomend?

pm'd ya!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

i'm in sc to little late on the thread but if anyone ever wants to get out and crawl pm me new to site so hope to here from yeah
n0b420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #17

I live in sc and found some good spots pm if you want to crawl
Crawlwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:53 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Default bringing back the old thread

New to the site. Been doing a lot of solo crawling. I would like to hit up some spots and see how my rig/driving compares to others. I live in the santa cruz mountains/work on the east side. If anyone wants to crawl let me know

Oh and if anyone goes to the garden of eden take the time to walk a couple hundred yards past entrance with the sign and follow skinny trail on the left that has a short uphill at first and then wraps down and around to the river. You wont regret it.
FullScaleDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #19

tried garden of Eden, will soon be on my thread. It's a hell of a hike though. took my 1/5 scale that weighs over 25lbs. let's say it took me 3 beers to get there. PM me when your down to crawl on Sundays or Mondays.
crawlitreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Ya. luckly my 1/10 fits in a backpack. i usually park directly above the garden on the road and take a steep but short hill to the spot i mentioned.
Did you go to the spot i mentioned in my post of just the regular GOE. I went there with a friend the other day. He nicknamed it the rockgarden on eden
ill pm you about sat or sun
FullScaleDreams is offline   Reply With Quote