Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Fresno area crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

I'm watching the news and the "owner" of The Auto Gallery has been issued an arrest warrant for 16 counts of grand theft...ripping of a credit card company and numerous customers! lol

I'd say if the cops don't ask you to stop crawling on those rocks, the owner surely won't either!
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys,

I live in Fresno right across from the FSU Bulldog Football Stadium. Getting back into RC and I have a scx right now. I didn't know Hobbytown had a crawling spot out back, which is stupid because I bring mine in all the time and the workers there never tell me. I am sure the same guys have been working their for at least 10 years, I have watched many of the younger ones go bald in my youth

I go crawling all the time in the dinkey creek area, thats where the real rocks begin

Fresno is home to both Marlin and TrailFinder, and both shops SELL RC CRAWLERS AND REAL ONES. I've been in both shops recently and the employees all have RC crawlers of their own. We need to get a genuine club going for fresno. There certainly is a large crawling communitty here in town.

A weekly GTG would be nice.

Drunk
DrunkDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #23

Default Hello

I'm down with a get together and checking out this creek your talking about. I'm in lemoore.
Skin Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Ok, I have talked with the owner of Cycle art a bit. He says that their was a large g2g at someones house within the last month. But this group isn't really a open group. Mostly employees of trail gear and friends.

There is also a crawler course at trail gear, but once again, not open to the public. I'd assume that some of the folks that have posted in this thread are from that group.

It'd be great to have a more open group here, and if there really is that large of a group in fresno, why not have a legit club? From what I've heard and how I've been treated when I show up at trail gear for toyota stuff, I'm not sure thats the group I want to meet up with.

I'd be ok with setting a up a gtg around dinkey creek, but I will be in europe for a month starting on the 24th. Maybe the saturday the 19th around 10am-3pm. I would be willing to provide food and drink, but it'll have to be more than just 2 peeps.

Drunk
Old 09-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Where in dinky do you plan on going? Bald mountain area?
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Before Bald mountain, I know a couple of great places that are between the shaver lake turn out and Dinkey. So not quite as far as the creek itself. I'm always open to suggestions and if this sparks interest I will draw up a map. I am going camping at Courtright for 4 days and am leaving in a couple minutes, so I will scout out a good spot.

Drunk
Old 09-13-2009, 01:41 AM   #27

Okay. keep me posted for the the 19th. I will need directions. Let me know if you need a hand with the food idea.

Last edited by Skin Krawler; 09-13-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Hey- Skin Krawler, got pm. . 'DrunkDriver', nice to have another local wheelman on the board! My family owns a 5ac. spot less than 5mi. from DinkeyCr. turnoff and I know Exactly which spot(s) you scoped out- I've meant to stop countless times when cruising in & out from the cabin. .Usually by myself or time was a factor, but would definitely be down to hit the rocks w/some more crawlers. I don't know my plans for the 19th, but you got me thinking this may be the right time- post up or pm- ;)
APESHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Default Howdy,

I'm in Visalia, been crawl'n for years, and done some comps with the NorCal guys, currently too busy to get away, but still building.

I currently have a SCX10 with a cruiser body, a SCX10 with a Hilux body, both 2.2's, my Super Unlimited, and currently designing / building a SCX10, Hilux bodied, leafer. Looks like I've gone "scaler"s actually "rigs" since I don't follow any rules, and away from comps.

Keep me in the loop of any goings-on in case I can manage to get away.

If anyone's interested I have an Axial SWX chassis (no links) and some RC4WD Rock Crusher tires (slightly used) that I would sell or swap for?

Also TGN is here in Visalia off S. Mooney Blvd., and sells RC4WD kits, tires and parts, tell Mark that Jeff sent you.
I've also bought parts from Trail Gear in Fresno.

- Hoss
HOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #30

How's ur camping trip? I've been to Mammoth pool, but not as far as Courtwright. Beautiful country! Let us know about the DInkey creek thing when you get back..
Old 09-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Ok, camping trip was awsome. Seems like there is some interest in the GTG. Spot will be approx. 1 mi before bald mountain trail turnout.

I will get there early on saturday and put up a sign for all to see. Look for RCCRAWLER'S GTG.

Do to the uncertainty of someone else setting up camp there on friday, the back up spot will just be the Urshem trail head, which also has lots of rocks.

I will bring hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken. Water and Soda too, BYOB.

Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=s&utm_...&utm_term=maps

If you reach Dinkey Creek then you have gone to far. Head up the 168 and turn on to Dinkey Creek Rd(only one way to turn). The road is right in front of the Mild to Wild Liquor store.

Drunk aka Zack
Old 09-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #32

Need some hands in the air here. I see alot of maybes. Maybe have to pm everyone again. Don't want u going all out with food and ur money and not have any one show up. You 10am to 1pm or so? I'll probably be on time or early. Google says 2 hours from Fresno, but i don't think that's right. do you?

I'm a definate.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I won't plan on feeding a large group. I'll just bring a pack of hot dogs, a few hamburger patties and some chicken legs; beans too. What doesn't get used there will get used here at home, no worries.

It takes about 1 hour 30 min to get there, tops. Its not a long drive, it just has some twistys on the way you have to slow down for. I'll leave fresno at about 8:30 and get there at 10.

I only have two trucks, both scalers, but they get around. I might convince my bro to come up with me.

I dropped off a print of the map and some directions/info at Cycle Art to attract some others. This might be a small gtg, but I need to get one more crawling session in before I go across the pond.

Drunk
Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #34

Had a great time, DD. Working on the vid right now. Hope more people from the area will be interested next time. Have fun and be safe in Europe!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

It was awsome! Got my mind off the daily grind and just crawled in a nice spot. All I can say is everyone else missed out

Nice job on the vid!

Drunk
Old 09-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #36

2nd try. The last vid was just too big and I didn't realize it was cutting off at 45 seconds. Try this one.

Went out with a dude from Fresno, looking to get a local club going. Had a blast, though no one else showed up. He has an SCX-10. Damn! Now I know I'm going scaler next!
Click the pic!

Last edited by Skin Krawler; 09-23-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Default .

Nice!
SaxtonSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #38

hey skin krawler, got your message a little late, nice vid though. that looks like a sweet spot, i grew up in shaver lake so that used to be my backyard.

my buddy & i are new to crawlers, i'm having some electronic issues that i'm trying to solve but will soon be looking for areas to crawl.

look forward to crawling with you all sometime soon
bd_mf_kr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Cool lil Vid-
I've been outta town and the scene for a few- time to get going again. . .
APESHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Im back in Fresno. Looking for a gtg somewhere near Fresno. I got a scaler and I need to use it!

Drunk