Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: New to Crawling Fremont,Ca

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper

I can not do Saturday either. I was waiting to hear from Bikeman cause he was trying to set up another run on China Grade. I'll see what happens this evening on the email train and post back. Since i told him that i would be down if he was going, I would like to at least see if it transpires. Anyone is welcome to go to this GTG so I hopw some of you can make it. The scenery is worth it even if you didn't have a rig....I'll post more later.

JB
CruiserHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserHead View Post
I can not do Saturday either. I was waiting to hear from Bikeman cause he was trying to set up another run on China Grade. I'll see what happens this evening on the email train and post back. Since i told him that i would be down if he was going, I would like to at least see if it transpires. Anyone is welcome to go to this GTG so I hopw some of you can make it. The scenery is worth it even if you didn't have a rig....I'll post more later.

JB
If it dosen't turn out for China grade let me know if you want to do some trail runs? My unimog is done and ready to hit the trails.

Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:28 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

I'm probably going to the Dublin playground tomorrow with my brother to test out my new 1.9 Rok Lox. If anyone else wants to go, we'll probably be out there around noonish, possibly sooner
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Here is a Video and some pictures I took at Coyote hills in Fremont with my CC-01 Unimog. I just finnished the Body and it is it's first run!

Last edited by Grumpster1980; 02-07-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #105
Rock Crawler

Went to the Dublin playground today while the Superbowl was on and got some video of my truck These 1.9 Rok Lox are great tires! It was a good time to go to this place since there were only a few little kids hanging around but their parents had them under control so they never got too close

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbmoH6wRNOU
generalee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #106
Rock Crawler

Not bad at all, looks pretty fun in Dublin.
ANoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #107
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoodle View Post
Not bad at all, looks pretty fun in Dublin.
Had fun crawling with you guys in Dublin but there are so many other places to crawl/trail run that are better IMO. No kids, more lines, and not man made.

If you guys are ever interested in going to some other spots let me know
Old 02-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

I'm down, this weekend I'm not sure if I will have time. Maybe Saturday.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Nice vid's guys....I ended up going up to the "Lost Boys House" in Santa Cruz metal detecting with a friend. I brought the cruiser along but never drove it there. Nothing cool....We did hit up Bonny Doon for a little while as well. Too bad its kinda far because there are some great rock formations on the trail heading to the beach. There is also a trail with a trickle of water coming down it that is so incredibly scale that it was hard to leave. Solid rock face and loose rocks. Its just not super long.

Bonny Doon Attractions in Google Earth

37° 0'2.98"N 122°10'49.52"W (Start point from parking lot)
37° 0'3.07"N 122°10'51.79"W (Main rock formation at Bonny Doon)
37° 0'3.31"N 122°10'52.80"W (start of scale trail-going back up farthest left trail from beach)

Screenshot of Google Earth....Check it out!

Close up of type of rock you drive on most of the time.

They redid this section and its an easier walking path now.. :( Scale trail looks similar to this....FUN!

Main rock trail....You can burn a lot of time driving down from the top to the bottom of this section trying everything...

The scale trail is just below this section before you get to the last waterfall before the sand..(That waterfall is also drivable depending on how much rain has fallen recently).

Peace,

JB
Old 02-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #110
Rock Crawler

Jim you missed a killer Coyote Hills run (see video in above post) I'll be going out again next weekend rain or shine. Maybe Sunole? or Garin Park? I am game for anything.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #111
Rock Crawler

Anyone up for some crawling this Saturday? Somewhere local, maybe Niles Canyon or something like that?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #112
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Anyone up for some crawling this Saturday? Somewhere local, maybe Niles Canyon or something like that?

I am, I do not know of any spots in Niles Canyon where at?
Old 02-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpster1980 View Post
I am, I do not know of any spots in Niles Canyon where at?

Someone posted a place to go in Niles Canyon. I think that you follow the river bed and crawl if i am not mistaken. I am down to go as well depending on the day. Sunday usually always works best for me....

Talk to ya's later

JB

If you guys have not seen this video, it is a must! This is Bean Hollow and probably the baddest ass place to go! There is no loose sand either Grump..lol Just a little salt...

Last edited by CruiserHead; 02-11-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: added video clip of the bean
Old 02-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Ive been scouting places in Niles canyon. I think the best we can do is go and park in the lot off of old canyon road. From there we can walk up stream. There is plenty of places to crawl right there.

Or...I can have the wifey drop us off at the old parking lot across from the train depot halfway through. Hop the barrier and go all over. Its legal to hike back there, just cant park anymore.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserHead View Post
Someone posted a place to go in Niles Canyon. I think that you follow the river bed and crawl if i am not mistaken. I am down to go as well depending on the day. Sunday usually always works best for me....

Talk to ya's later

JB

If you guys have not seen this video, it is a must! This is Bean Hollow and probably the baddest ass place to go! There is no loose sand either Grump..lol Just a little salt...

it's to far and Salt is a no go for me but thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD View Post
Ive been scouting places in Niles canyon. I think the best we can do is go and park in the lot off of old canyon road. From there we can walk up stream. There is plenty of places to crawl right there.

Or...I can have the wifey drop us off at the old parking lot across from the train depot halfway through. Hop the barrier and go all over. Its legal to hike back there, just cant park anymore.
I have been to Niles Canyon and its either stinky mud or to much water. I'll probably just go to Coyote, Berkeley, Garin, or Sunol

Last edited by Grumpster1980; 02-11-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Whats the best place to be some trail rides? I know everyone talks about Coyote but it seems like a lot of open land? I like a little of a challege and some rock. My scaler isnt ready yet so all I have is my crawler or as some say comp rig
Old 02-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #117
Rock Crawler

What about Mt Diablo? Rock city
Old 02-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #118
Rock Crawler

Quote:
What about Mt Diablo? Rock city
Never been there, whats it like? can you link a google maps?

Quote:
Whats the best place to be some trail rides? I know everyone talks about Coyote but it seems like a lot of open land? I like a little of a challege and some rock. My scaler isnt ready yet so all I have is my crawler or as some say comp rig
If your looking for a good place to Crawl and Scale I would have to say Berkerley or Genetek in South San Francisco

Two spots in Berkerley Indian rock and Grotto Rock

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...08256&t=h&z=18

GeneTek

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...02064&t=h&z=20

Last edited by Grumpster1980; 02-12-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #119
Rock Crawler

Never been there either, just heard about it. I am going to look it up on Google Earth.
cant really see anything but i talked with a buddy of mine. He said its $7 to get in, then go about a mile and rock city is on both sides of us. Sounds pretty cool, I just want to hit up some local spots so if anyone has any other ideas, throw them out.

Last edited by ANoodle; 02-12-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #120
Rock Crawler

Going to Mt Diablo rock city tomorrow< Saturday> If anyone wants to meet up shoot me an email at abnudelman@yahoo.com
I'm going with two other guys so a small group, the guys Im going with know the area