Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: New to Crawling Fremont,Ca

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #141
Quarry Creeper

Going to the Bean this weekend with a few of the more rugged drivers

I'll send you a post card from one of the greatest places on the planet to crawl since you are all too chicken to go...Bawk bawk!

I discovered a place near my house that is unbeatable except for by the Bean so i don't have to drive real far for great wheeling. It's not that i dislike going far, it just seems like things always break when I drive the farthest...Staying close, nothing breaks. Go figure?

JB
CruiserHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #142
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserHead View Post

I'll send you a post card from one of the greatest places on the planet to crawl since you are all too chicken to go...Bawk bawk!

I discovered a place near my house that is unbeatable except for by the Bean so i don't have to drive real far for great wheeling. It's not that i dislike going far, it just seems like things always break when I drive the farthest...Staying close, nothing breaks. Go figure?

JB
Don't forget to take pictures

Anyone interested in Coyote Hills hit me up for Sunday. It's going to be rain free that day! I have my Lipos! so major wheel speed for me its just a 2s with 30c but they seem to have more punch!

I also have a HPI Sprint 2 Flux brushless touring car and HOLY SH1T! it is fast with my new lipos in it. I bought a mini spy cam and will attach it to the hood and upload a mini video of how crazy fast it is

I have the day off today (Friday) and since it's not raining I went out ot Coyote with my FJ40!

Last edited by Grumpster1980; 03-05-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #143
Rock Crawler

3 Guys plus me are going to Coyote! Anyone else?
Old 03-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #144
Rock Crawler

Anyone down for some Crawling today? I am going to the movies with my wife and should be free around 2pm. Hit me up!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #145
Rock Crawler

Anyone want to go crawling? The weather is nice and the rocks are begging to be crawled on.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #146
Rock Stacker

Default heyhey.

i live in sunnyvale and would be stoked to join any scale crawling sessions going down. not as fun alone.....
gardenwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:16 PM   #147
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenwelder View Post
i live in sunnyvale and would be stoked to join any scale crawling sessions going down. not as fun alone.....
Sonds good. The only problem is there are not many people who are active on this page and it seems hard to keep the ones who have shown up in the past to show up again.

I am willing to meet up for some crawling I'll pm you my cell hpone number.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #148
Rock Crawler

Im always down to crawl just this month is crazy for me. I have the scaler up and running so next month I'm down to come out.
ANoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #149
Rock Stacker

Default alright!!!!!

gardenwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #150
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoodle View Post
Im always down to crawl just this month is crazy for me. I have the scaler up and running so next month I'm down to come out.

Sounds good! Hit me up when you can make it!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #151
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

JB
Hey man where is this spot you are talking about? I'm in SJ and I usually hit up Alum Rock or my backyard course.
el_Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #152
Rock Crawler

Been a minute, but Im still here.......This wedding BS has me tied up plus work......After the 24th......the big day Im down to come out and play. the honcho has literally been collecting dust.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #153
Quarry Creeper

Just built a scale rig..where do you guys crawl at Coyote Hills..I want to go play around this week end Oh and is there enough rock to take my Daughter so she can practice for the Axial West Coast Champ with her pro rig.....She can never go with me to Hobby Town Concord on Thursday nights because of school..I don't want her to be rusty.....
Gardetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #154
Rock Crawler

Just look for the big matterhorn rock on the hill......did some scouting the last few days and found some really cool spots in niles canyon, gotta walk a little but might just be worth it
Old 06-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #155
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD View Post
Just look for the big matterhorn rock on the hill......did some scouting the last few days and found some really cool spots in niles canyon, gotta walk a little but might just be worth it
You have a google maps lcoation/link? parking and then the spot? Thanks.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #156
Quarry Creeper

If you guys ever make it down to the Almaden valley, here is a link to the place i have been going (Greystone). Its a little hike/rc drive from the street and plenty of rocks to keep you busy for hours. The entrance to the rocks is a cool little vein of exposed rock that is laid out like a little trail that weaves up and up. Takes about 15 minutes to get to the start of the rocky trail. Beautiful views of the valley. Watch for ticks/snakes. I have ran into both.

History of this place: Was an old quarry called the Goodrich quarry. They mined it from the late 1800's to about 1916ish.

Park on Boulder Mountain way. If you zoom out of the street view, you will see the trail and big rocks on the hill.

Last edited by CruiserHead; 06-06-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #157
Rock Crawler

We were just up by the almaden res yesterday and found what looks like a decent spot to crawl. Its at the corner of Almaden and Hicks Road. Parking is limited but the place looks like it has major potential. It looks like it could turn into a creek when the winter rains are here.......
Old 07-13-2010, 02:06 AM   #158

Thumbs up

Quote:
If you guys ever make it down to the Almaden valley, here is a link to the place i have been going (Greystone). Its a little hike/rc drive from the street and plenty of rocks to keep you busy for hours. The entrance to the rocks is a cool little vein of exposed rock that is laid out like a little trail that weaves up and up. Takes about 15 minutes to get to the start of the rocky trail. Beautiful views of the valley. Watch for ticks/snakes. I have ran into both.

History of this place: Was an old quarry called the Goodrich quarry. They mined it from the late 1800's to about 1916ish.

Park on Boulder Mountain way. If you zoom out of the street view, you will see the trail and big rocks on the hill.
i went there today short hike but steep was worth it though my favorite place that is local so far
four12unner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:45 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal 2500HD View Post
We were just up by the almaden res yesterday and found what looks like a decent spot to crawl. Its at the corner of Almaden and Hicks Road. Parking is limited but the place looks like it has major potential. It looks like it could turn into a creek when the winter rains are here.......
I figured it out! Trying to remember what day I actually went there. Looks like you discovered that spot a day before I did. LOL I have pics if you haven't seen them yet on my SF south bay crawl spots thread.
crawlitreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:11 PM   #160
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by four12unner View Post
i went there today short hike but steep was worth it though my favorite place that is local so far
Glad you liked it! Did you wheel that super steep shortcut to the rocks? if so, did you find my accessory(plastic scale thingy) that flung from my Cruiser when i rolled down that entire hill from the top?? lol

Awww....You guys are all going without any invites? haha I am guilty as well. Its so easy to just bail on a whim to go wheeling. If anyone is going out, post a quickie to let us know. You never know who can make it....

I finally broke down and installed MIP drivelines. Those plastic shafts were an achilles heal for sure! I am ready!

Next you need to try vasona park! Park outside the gate on University after vasona oaks dr. (unless you wanna pay to get in?). Wheel the water line left of the foot bridge, across the bridge to the left and then over where the river meets pepper tree ln and Vasona park rd (google map). Water levels change, so depending on the level, there's lots more to do on different days. Lots more to discover too....

CH

Last edited by CruiserHead; 07-15-2010 at 12:15 PM.