RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Bay Area: Palo Alto / Mtn View area (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/198072-bay-area-palo-alto-mtn-view-area.html)

Spiftacu1ar 09-06-2009 02:57 PM

Bay Area: Palo Alto / Mtn View area

Does anybody know of any places to crawl in or around palo alto? I jsut got into crawling, so I don't know any good spots. Thanks.

gunnar 09-06-2009 08:14 PM

Don't know of anything local down there. I'd suggest looking on google earth for rock formations near your area. There is one post here about a spot near Redwood City, or you travel north and go to Genentech. You might find something good near you, never know.

MRCCRAWLER1.9 08-30-2010 11:57 PM

i know this really nice place in mountain view since its right around my area. not such a great place for 2.2's since the lines will be super easy but its great for 1.9 crawlers.

if ya want info just ask for it.

TAMASKA 08-31-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnar (Post 1981415)
Don't know of anything local down there. I'd suggest looking on google earth for rock formations near your area. There is one post here about a spot near Redwood City, or you travel north and go to Genentech. You might find something good near you, never know.

What spot at Genentech? Please let me know, i work there lol

MRCCRAWLER1.9 08-31-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAMASKA (Post 2615076)
What spot at Genentech? Please let me know, i work there lol

There's a huge crawling spot right behind gentech! Lucky!! Lol you should see people behind gentech crawling alot? I've seen many threads related to the gentech spot get to gathers and stuff!

gunnar 09-01-2010 12:03 AM

Just go to where the Bay is, you'll find rocks eventually. I believe it's DNA Way and Forbes Road.

MRCCRAWLER1.9 09-01-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnar (Post 2615096)
Just go to where the Bay is, you'll find rocks eventually. I believe it's DNA Way and Forbes Road.

yup, at the intersection of DNA and Forbes! :D

Theres a little turn off that goes to the right when you go down DNA Way. Right at that turn off is the "crawling" hot spot

gardenwelder 09-01-2010 01:17 AM

tons!!!

shoreline and san antonio baylands embarcadero baylands have small scale crawling stuff!
you want to drive to skyline up page mill road! stop at the trail on the left after foot hill! theres a secret spot near 101 and shoreline too well its no real secret!
dryed up lake in the baylands with very intense dirt crawling!

MRCCRAWLER1.9 09-01-2010 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardenwelder (Post 2615168)
shoreline and san antonio baylands embarcadero baylands have small scale crawling stuff!
you want to drive to skyline up page mill road! stop at the trail on the left after foot hill! theres a secret spot near 101 and shoreline too well its no real secret!
dryed up lake in the baylands with very intense dirt crawling!

San antonio baylands?? do you mean Rancho san antonio? i remeber there is this one good area for scaling. not really for crawling though.

at baylands they have the dryed up salt lake! my bring my buggy there!! :D

gardenwelder 09-01-2010 01:25 AM

ever exit 101 and go tword the baylands on san antonio!
walk for a bit! there are miles and miles of paths and there are accually a bunch of trash concrete build ups that provide some tuff terrain!!!
i grew up in palo alto and lived in the bay my whole life!!!

MRCCRAWLER1.9 09-01-2010 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gardenwelder (Post 2615172)
ever exit 101 and go tword the baylands on san antonio!
walk for a bit! there are miles and miles of paths and there are accually a bunch of trash concrete build ups that provide some tuff terrain!!!
i grew up in palo alto and lived in the bay my whole life!!!

ohh sounds sweet! thanks for that location

gardenwelder 09-01-2010 01:30 AM

sweet enjoy crawling for ever!!!