Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sonoma County Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #341
RCC Addict

What's this?? No Comp chatter? Is everyone too tired? Sun stroke? I hope you all had a great time!?!

38 Entries this time around and a great time was had by all. Three challenge course were setup, with varying surfaces and layouts, to keep our drivers on the edge and pushing their limits.

Congrats to the top 3 in each class, awards are waiting for you at the shop!

2.2 Comp:
1st Eric Campbell
2nd Erik Gammon
3rd Peter Kalogiannis

2.2 Sport:
1st Adam Plasse
2nd Anthony Asaro
3rd Rob Chancey

Eric Campbell hit 2 negative scores this comp, a great improvement from last time. Eric wins the new Rock Steady crawler body donated by JConcepts.

Frank Dunn from Proline Accessories www.prolineaccessories.com donated a $100 JPH gift certificate towards a hardluck award. The jury couldn't choose who deserved it more, so it will be split 50/50 between Freddie Hammann and Curtis Weeks! Thank you FRANK!

A big thank you goes out to all those who lent a hand during the events, from our judges, to the score keepers, to those who helped setup and tear down, and those who helped haul the courses. Without you guys, I could not be doing this!

Please give me feedback on the event, so we can make improvements for the next one coming up in June!

Last edited by JPH Racing; 05-12-2008 at 03:26 PM.
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #342
RCC Addict

forgot, the complete results are posted and so are some pics! Click Here
Old 05-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #343
RCC Addict

Awards .....
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2008, 07:40 AM   #344
Rock Crawler

Jake, had a great time yesterday. The course layout was awesome, can't think of any situation that was not tested. Only thing I noticed was no bonus lines.
Anyway, Thanks for hosting these events and giving us a place to get together and play. Off to the S.F. zoo now with the wife and kids to hang with a different bunch of animals.
hellbentrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #345

Thanks Jake I too want to thank you for puttin" on a great comp; and the volunteers that helped, thanks guys. One broken drive line and a broken dig and I still finished and had a great time. Next time let me run my 1:1 that way the only thing that will break will be the courses, Oh thats not good is it?
Rockhabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:58 AM   #346
RCC Addict

Pete: Did the monkeys throw poop on you?? Congrats on your 3rd place finish at the comp!

Rudy: No 1:1's on the courses! Well, at at least I wouldn't have to haul them home, they would be in little parts and pieces!

All: I was busy judging, but how were Paul's 1:1 rock crawler rigs? I saw the pics, that black one looked SWEET! I still can't believe I was so focused that I missed them!

Hey, did it make you guys nervous to have the RPPD out in force??? Those guys are super cool and love these crawlers!
Old 05-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #347

Guys, check out "First Look" in the vendors market. An indoor rock park in Paso Robles, not tooooo far south. Sounds like a larger version of CKRC in Reno.

Thanks again Jake, had a great time. And congrats to all the winners and to all who participated.....

(Yesterday, 11:58 PM) Jake, get some sleep

Last edited by Rockhabit; 05-12-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Rockhabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #348
Rock Crawler

Another great comp day. Thanks Jake for hosting this one and getting the courses setup. Thanks to all the volunteers who helped setup/tear down the courses and to the volunteer score keepers who helped us out all day, especially Jason Noble who helped me out the entire day, except for when he was drivin'.

I've got some work to do on my rig for sure. It was twitchy on all three courses. Although, it did pretty well on the Linex course after the comp. Managed to make it all the way through without much problems. Maybe the problem is with the loose nut behind the wheel.

It was cool to see so much enthusiasm and I'm pretty sure I heard one of RP's finest say, "I gotta get me one of those, they're bad ass!".

Those sidehill panels were INSANE!!! Did anyone ever figure out what angle they were at? They had to be 60+ degrees!!

Anyway, congrats to all the winners and hope to see you all at the next comp., if not sooner!
gone_wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #349
RCC Addict

Ethan: Just a little work and tweaking to the rig ... I think next time I'll let you sit in the shade for a few minutes and put your feet up, before getting called to the courses!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #350
Quarry Creeper

Default Thanks again

Just wanted to thanks for a job well done to the JPH crew for an awesome event on sat . had a great time , this time the rig was more ready than the driver was . Happy all in all coming from last place in the first event to 10th
o/a in this one . Not bad for second event . Might have to get me a set of moon eyes for the next one .
CRAWLIN 4 FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #351
Rock Crawler

Had an excellent time on Saturday, I did feel very safe with all the heavy security around.
Nice guys, they were talking about having a sponsored crawler, which would be pretty cool. A black and white crawler with a light bar would be pretty sweet.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #352
RCC Addict

I'll have to talk to officer Josh about that black and white. Maybe I can get them a Ram system, with a working lightbar and sirens?
Old 05-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #353
Quarry Creeper

Default Time To Play ?

Time to hit the rocks for some fun when and where ? anyone up for it .
Old 05-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #354
Rock Stacker

If you guys wanna head down to the creek later today I'm up for it. Name the time that works best for ya'll.
Chevy Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:00 PM   #355
RCC Addict

Posted up an article on Eric's winning setup, with some pics ....

Click here to check it out!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #356
Quarry Creeper

Where are the red springs ? comp only ? Eric i need a set of moon eyes , Pls.
Your rig is better than you think . And that shows you that you can build a rig out of the box that can be worthy , with just a little work "great job"
Old 05-13-2008, 10:27 PM   #357
RCC Addict

All the Axial springs are gray, or grey. They have a little dab of red paint on them, that makes them red. I think Eric repainted the dabs blue, just to throw you guys off .... But, I got the real setup and then posted it!!!

Seriously, I think it's awesome how everyone spends time with other drivers, talking setup, offering suggestions, etc .... It's an awesome group, that's for sure. And, it's been great to be part of the reason why we all get together!

And, speaking of get-togethers .... It's about time for another under the bridge session! Soon, real soon!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:58 AM   #358
Rock Stacker

I'll be there, whenever it is
Chevy Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #359
RCC Addict

Default Photos?

Did anyone else take any photos from the comp? I'd like to get pics of more rigs, the courses, etc ... posted up on the site!

Zac also brought me a dvd of some video he took during the day. Only a few rigs got on the tape, but it's very cool to watch (painful at times though!)
Old 05-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #360
Quarry Creeper

Just talked to one of the nor-cal guys there are getting together on sunday at the bean just south of half moon bay for a gtg road trip maybe ?