Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: SF south bay crawl spots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 05:22 PM   #41
RCC Addict

name: Fremont Trail Opens

where: Near Questa and Grant Intersection.

How to find: from 237, go straight down Grant and stay in the Left lane. Once you pass by the Cuesta and Grant Intersection (about 3 stop lights from the 237 exit) there is a street called "Sleeper Avenue" Which is the 1st street on the left, after the cuesta and grant intersection

class: Both

history:Not sure, but not many people pass by.

rating: 9stars, Some times there is dog Crap on the ground on the rocks :(

google map location: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...f85068f6fed04f

No Video but here are some pics.

Last edited by MRCCRAWLER1.9; 09-07-2010 at 12:16 AM.
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #42

Thanks for the spots, you never know who lives around there for a quick crawl. Also thanks for following the rules, the posts look great!
crawlitreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #43
RCC Addict

haha glad to help the forum, i mean it looks like such a nice place to crawl.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:03 AM   #44
Rock Stacker

Default aw

what the pics show is what you get!
both are spots ive hit up!! i got a bay area trail guide at a book store! then systamaticly trying to hit all the 100s of bay area trails,
mostly all flat ground but one obsticle isnt really worht a second visit!

Last edited by gardenwelder; 09-07-2010 at 12:07 AM.
gardenwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenwelder View Post
is there more than what the pics show???
damn flat ground
well for shoup park, i dont know i just stayed at the lip of the creek, since the other directions are covered by trees and the other way is blocked by a fence..

For the Fremont Trail open: thats about it.. there are some other rocks, but they arent compiled as much as the pics i got.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:00 AM   #46

NAME: Little Yosemite

WHERE: Sonol Regional Wilderness, Milpitas, Ca. near Calaveras Res.

HOW TO FIND: Don't drive up Calaveras rd at Milpitas(takes longer unless you want a good view of Calaveras res.) From 680, exit Calaveras Rd and head south into the Sonol Valley. Make a left on Geary Rd and you will head on down to a pay booth (yeah this one will cost you 5 bucks) ask for a map, very helpful! then keep right on the main road till you reach the parking lot at the end. Theres no un-authorized vehicle access after that parking lot on Geary Rd so you are going to hike for about a mile more. Just take the small side trail on the right about half way down. it runs along the creek where you will eventually see more and more rock. I only went as far as the brush lets you go, correct me if theres more, theres a few lines on the other side of the creek as well.

CLASS: Mild comp, tons of scale trail

HISTORY: Suggest to stay in your car at that parking lot until the rangers leave or stick your rig in a back pack. The sign at the trail-head says no model rockets or airplanes, but nothing about rc cars.

GOOGLE MAP:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...f6442243b55991

VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELvL-e1gSnQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiMFOcBQOrY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfZtcrh4Y5I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYTW9p5Nlr0

PICS:

Old 10-20-2010, 12:04 AM   #47
RCC Addict

aHHHHH XR-10

looks awesome!

nice find, howd you even find it? just randomly? lol

Last edited by MRCCRAWLER1.9; 12-14-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #48

Quick tip: trim down your quotes(backspace) or try not to quote and just do a regular post, this thread has long posts and takes forever to load. Each page I think has 20 posts no matter how big or small.

If you search around, you'll find the nor cal google maps link, they are all well known locations. I'm just making it simpler to find and see what's there.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
looks awesome!

nice find, howd you even find it? just randomly? lol

Its listed here along with many others....
CruiserHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #50

hi all, it's been a while. I recently moved so I havent had much time to do much scouting lately. I finally have a back yard so I will soon make a little addition to this thread just need some rocks. i'm accepting rock donations or if anyone knows where to find some good sized rocks, just let me know with a pm. I might try experimenting with some stucko too.
If anyone knows of a non-coast spot in the south bay that is not listed in this thread, fill free to add it here. Also, if any conditions change in theses locations, let us know. I'll also work on updating them as well. Having a thread like this really helps out the noobs.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Glad to hear from you again dan, hopefully you didn't move too far away from the south bay. You might be able to find some rocks near creeks. I got a few rocks from the beach.

Greystone, someone cut down alot of brush according to brownie, so there is a whole new section open in the back. Maybe like an extra 2min hike from the first boulder you see there.

Linda, always muddy like the norm.

Sheldons upgraded their course twice. The volcano island and a new one on the drift track.

That's all I know off the top of my head.

Last edited by MRCCRAWLER1.9; 03-02-2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:55 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Hey crawlitreal here is a few more spots to check out. I know its not in the format you want. But, oh well. Enjoy! Arrows at Bayview is nice for me cause I can stop by on my commute home. Right off Hwy 17, then a 2 minute walk.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...2b260dc8f4329c
crawlerpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder

great thread dan! definitely need to check out Almaden rock
FathomThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerpillar View Post
Hey crawlitreal here is a few more spots to check out. I know its not in the format you want. But, oh well. Enjoy! Arrows at Bayview is nice for me cause I can stop by on my commute home. Right off Hwy 17, then a 2 minute walk.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...2b260dc8f4329c
Link not iPhone friendly, i was able to see the area, but no pin point. Weird tho, all apple devices like to go strait to the google map app first before anything else rather then the regular online google maps. The regular google maps page i think is still too much for apple to handle. The mobile page version seems to work, but hard to use. Then the google map app on apple doesn't save places for public to see. Is arrows and bayview the nearest intersection?
Old 03-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FathomThis View Post
great thread dan! definitely need to check out Almaden rock
Yeah that rock has a cool little challenge on it, if I remember, I think I was able to make it almost to the top with my summit.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Man I thought you were trapped under somthing heavy. I'll be heading out to Almaden this week to test out Mugsy my race buggy. If anyone is down LMK
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
I'll be heading out to Almaden this week to test out Mugsy my race buggy. If anyone is down LMK
they have a track in almaden?

i dont have a legit buggy, i have a slash 4x4 converted buggy
Old 03-07-2011, 07:03 AM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlitreal View Post
Link not iPhone friendly, i was able to see the area, but no pin point. Weird tho, all apple devices like to go strait to the google map app first before anything else rather then the regular online google maps. The regular google maps page i think is still too much for apple to handle. The mobile page version seems to work, but hard to use. Then the google map app on apple doesn't save places for public to see. Is arrows and bayview the nearest intersection?
No it is just the name I gave the place. Cause there was arrows painted on the trail and when you get to the crawl spot you can see the Monterey bay. Exit Glenwood Dr. (1/2 mile from the summit) go up the hill and park in the dead end. The crawl spot is a man made spill way thing with rocks and cement formed together. The bottom of the spillway is only about 30' off highway 17. Not to worry, you are well protected from traffic there.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerpillar View Post
No it is just the name I gave the place. Cause there was arrows painted on the trail and when you get to the crawl spot you can see the Monterey bay. Exit Glenwood Dr. (1/2 mile from the summit) go up the hill and park in the dead end. The crawl spot is a man made spill way thing with rocks and cement formed together. The bottom of the spillway is only about 30' off highway 17. Not to worry, you are well protected from traffic there.
thx, I'll have to check it out. I also want to check out Moon Rocks also.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Yeah Moon Rocks looks like alot of fun for scalers. I may try to go there this weekend. If so I will get pictures.