LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for this thread guys
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #62

Default Anna Jean Park in Soquel

Just found this spot yesterday, and went crawling this morning; lots of fun. Anna Jean is part of the Santa Cruz County Parks system, and is located right off of Old San Jose Road, about 0.5 miles East of the Soquel Dr./Porter St. intersection, in the town of Soquel, just South of Santa Cruz. The park is right next to Soquel high school. Drive up the entrance, crest the steep hill (baseball/soccer fields on your right), and go to the end of the parking lot. There you'll see a median strewn with rocks; that's it. It's in the middle of the parking lot, so it's best to go on weekday mornings when there are only dog-walkers and not too many cars parked around the rocks. The place fills up with athletic kids in the afternoons, weekdays and weekends.

Best for crawlers and scale; it was perfect for my CR01.

Pathung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #63
RCC Addict

great find Pathung, looks great for scalers
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:22 AM   #64
Pebble Pounder

AWESOME thread. I gotta be subscribed to this one. I'm always looking for new spots. Thanks.
inkdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Inkdaddy....you a scaler or a comper?
Been trying to hook up with some people locally...I have an XR10...been into this about two months...
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:22 AM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
Inkdaddy....you a scaler or a comper?
Been trying to hook up with some people locally...I have an XR10...been into this about two months...
Used to have a creeper but got bored with it. Now I'm gettin back into it with an scx10. A little bit of crawling mixed with some rock racing. What part of the bay are you from. My bro and I are always lookin for the same. The both of us are addicted to rc and don't really know any1 else to share the addiction with. LOL

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 07-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

I am in the south bay around 101 and capital expressway...I only know of scalers around here except for a few guys I haven't been able to hook up with yet....too many other things going on as well...I also race on-road at Norcal...usually twice a month...been trying to crawl the other times. I am so addicted...thinking of selling the other stuff and get a scaler or FOFF... Too many rc's not enough time
Old 07-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I am in the south bay around 101 and capital expressway...I only know of scalers around here except for a few guys I haven't been able to hook up with yet....too many other things going on as well...I also race on-road at Norcal...usually twice a month...been trying to crawl the other times. I am so addicted...thinking of selling the other stuff and get a scaler or FOFF... Too many rc's not enough time
I hear ya man. 101 and capitol exp isnt too far from where my bro and I live. We're planning on hittin the little hammers spot once I get my scx10. Which should be today or Tuesday. He's got a brushless setup in his rig and a summit tranny. You might have seen his build thread already. Meatwad. We'll have to get together and get some triple action rock smashin. We also used to go to penetencia creek for crawlin when we both had our crawlers. Alum Rock park is also a good spot. Once we get up there I'll snap some pics and add it to this thread.

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 07-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Im in Newark/Fremont, if you guys wanna go out hol ler at me, I'm always down.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:17 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Lost my. Response ....I would love to get together with anybody who wants to crawl...bring it Norcal .... Inkdaddy... Two of ya....I used to live up by alum rock park...i will meet you guys anywhere ....I want to crawl with some other people... Let's do this...
Old 07-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #71
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Lost my. Response ....I would love to get together with anybody who wants to crawl...bring it Norcal .... Inkdaddy... Two of ya....I used to live up by alum rock park...i will meet you guys anywhere ....I want to crawl with some other people... Let's do this...
Sounds good. Once I get my scx up and running. We'll get the crawlin crew together.

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 07-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Good deal... I have my XR10 in pieces at the moment....look forward to some crawling...I'll have it back together soon...getting some new gears and a T1e chassis together
Old 07-03-2011, 12:12 AM   #73
RCC Addict

maybe next week postclanker, I too have my xr in pieces for a rebuild, and some new gears, as well as busy with fixing up my mugen. as of now, money is the only hold back for me to pull the trigger on a new set of gears, but I got a 1.9 comp runner, if I'm desperate

wow you both are near greystone? if so, your lucky, that spot is sweet, just alittle creepy, because you never know If there's a wild animal behind the bushes.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Or a snake in the grass.
Hope you get your gears together soon MrcCrawler..I know we've been trying to gtg...it'll happen. At least we got some buzz going for now...haven't torn down the axels yet...maybe my stock gears aren't in too bad of shape and I can help you out

Last edited by Postclanker; 07-03-2011 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

I am up for a crawl next weekend .Or sooner
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #76
Pebble Pounder

OK...Let me get a tally of the bay area crawler guys. Seems to be a lot more than I thought. Which is a good thing.

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap
Old 07-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

Anyone got anything goin on for Monday the 4th.... Ive spent my entire weekend tiling my kitchen and I need to get out of the house. Im thinkin about possibly hittin up the bean or pescadero state beach....crawling and surf fishing ......

Or I was thinking about Indian Rock Park in Berkeley.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #78
RCC Addict

there are a lot of crawlers in the bay area, but I believe there are a lot more crawlers in the north bay, and more scalers in the south bay.

thanks for the offer postclanker, but I think id rather do the job once and get it over with since its a pain in the neck to open the diff, and then make sure you put the exact screw in the same hole, or else your gears are just asking to get chewed up.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like you're going to spend some $$$ on some RC4wd gears...I did get to change my front axel out today and replace the gears with RC4wd gears. Front gears were in great shape...all the clatter is probably coming from the rear...let me know if you change your mind MrCCrawler...I did feel the pain taking this down today...wouldn't want to make a habit of it.
Nice to see some chatter in the south bay.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

looks like I needed to order some other parts to go along with this front axel/rear axel mod with the Vanquish metal tops...they don't tell ya you need to have the shorter transfer gear shaft for the rear...or use a front mount instead of a rear mount... I'm still in pieces waiting on the new parts....probably race on-road this weekend...would rather crawl...

I'll be ready next weekend 7/16-7/17