Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #2021
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Anyone in Sac have a scx10 rear 4 link they want to get rid of? I thought I had a extra when I gave one away

i got one also martin
jscalecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #2022
RCC Addict

Thanks guys.

OK, every now and then I get asked when are we going to start a comp/club around Sac. Did you guys want to get together and BS a few things one evening at round table or something? I know that since the G6 bug has gotten out we've got a lot more scalers in town There are several of us that have been going over things for almost a year now but we really haven't just sat down to talk about "this". I don't need to take any kind of lead but let's get something going. Season is starting now that the lake level is down
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #2023
Rock Stacker

That sounds like it would be alot of fun. My rig is still under construction but its getting close to done. Be fun to have other people to go crawling with. Not to mention i would love to do some comps once my SCX is done.
DaveinSac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #2024
Pebble Pounder

I'm in, there better be stickers involved, shirts, hats.... Something awesome! What would be really awesome is if we could have dedicated days every other week for testing, fun, mini comps??? Etc etc

Thumbs up
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #2025
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks guys.

OK, every now and then I get asked when are we going to start a comp/club around Sac. Did you guys want to get together and BS a few things one evening at round table or something? I know that since the G6 bug has gotten out we've got a lot more scalers in town There are several of us that have been going over things for almost a year now but we really haven't just sat down to talk about "this". I don't need to take any kind of lead but let's get something going. Season is starting now that the lake level is down
Good Idea,Count me in. We need to meet to hash out the details. Just need a where and a when.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #2026
RCC Addict

Haha, how long have we been talking about it.. Ok we can chit chat in between stages tomorrow and for those who are staying the night we can chit chat some more in between a beer or two One thing we do know is everyone likes the recon g6 format but no way we can run 200+ parker style courses. So I've got a couple ideas I can put into the hat and we can go from there. See most of you tomorrow and for those who can't make it, Prepare now for the next one! Get permission if you know what I mean

Plus we are close enough to modesto for the team lerk "comp" style scale format which includes 1.9 mrc this season. More wheel time is always a good thing
Old 10-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #2027
RCC Addict

Default Meeting

OK I've learned between Folsom, Vegas and Sparks/Reno it's hard to talk business after a full day of G6ing

Couple of options.

Meet up at folsom lake, everyone put in their .02 cent's and spend the rest of the day scalin.

Next meet up at a place probably around citrus heights and talk it over pizza or?

On the lake Saturdays are best for me, if after work Fri Sat Sun as I work graveyard.

BUT I don't have to be there for this to get rolling

I would say post up your .02 here but I think it takes away from getting together.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #2028
Rock Crawler

I am down for a meet up let set a time and date.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #2029
Rock Crawler

Next Saturday at the lake @ 10 am? Or we could meet at a coffee shop somewhere first, so some guys don't have to shell out 10bucks for a park pass if they don't have to.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #2030
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Next Saturday at the lake @ 10 am? Or we could meet at a coffee shop somewhere first, so some guys don't have to shell out 10bucks for a park pass if they don't have to.
Works for me. Next Saturday = 10/29? Which side, folsom point or oak or dotons? There is a "coffee shop $2 coffee" behind the am/pm or "donut shop $1.75 coffee" on my side of the lake.

Ideas to throw around.

Club or no club, dues no dues, name or no name, type of gtg g6 or comp, G6 events come 1st Scale or not scale, How many events = series, days of events, any prizes? If prizes there will be fees. Out of pocket expenses for timers, pens clip boards etc. I can make the boards if needed depending on what my old boss has laying around.

It's all about fun first. We have such a large amount of scalers in the area I think it will be.

If I Mike See or John Halman can't make it, we'll try and get their tennis balls to set up some stuff after our meeting just for fun. No scores or scores?

Anyone can add items to talk about, maybe we can start a sign up this weekend to see who can and can't make it?? There are going to be people who won't care to meet and just want to run and thats fine too.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #2031
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Are you guys talking about this weekend the 22nd? If so im in. This sounds like so much fun. I say the Granite bay side. Maybe Oak Point? A bunch of folks were out there couple weekends ago and that was pure fun.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #2032
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Works for me. Next Saturday = 10/29? Which side, folsom point or oak or dotons? There is a "coffee shop $2 coffee" behind the am/pm or "donut shop $1.75 coffee" on my side of the lake.

Ideas to throw around.

Club or no club, dues no dues, name or no name, type of gtg g6 or comp, G6 events come 1st Scale or not scale, How many events = series, days of events, any prizes? If prizes there will be fees. Out of pocket expenses for timers, pens clip boards etc. I can make the boards if needed depending on what my old boss has laying around.

It's all about fun first. We have such a large amount of scalers in the area I think it will be.

If I Mike See or John Halman can't make it, we'll try and get their tennis balls to set up some stuff after our meeting just for fun. No scores or scores?

Anyone can add items to talk about, maybe we can start a sign up this weekend to see who can and can't make it?? There are going to be people who won't care to meet and just want to run and thats fine too.

Im in for 10/29 1:00 Pm?????????????????

Before we go in and play, like you posted Martin, let us all meet up at a coffee shop to sit down and go over things!

I vote in for dottons. Just curious though, its oak point and dottons that have the fee? How about Folsom point?

I dont mind paying to get in, but lets try to keep it on the free side for this meet so everyone can make it.

Last edited by crowninshield3; 10-20-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #2033
Rock Crawler

Technically, the fee applies to anywhere in the park. But if we meet at a coffee shop, we can carpool in and save a little scratch. This upcoming Saturday wont do it for me, I have other commitments, but the 29th would definetly work.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #2034
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Technically, the fee applies to anywhere in the park. But if we meet at a coffee shop, we can carpool in and save a little scratch. This upcoming Saturday wont do it for me, I have other commitments, but the 29th would definetly work.
Ah ok thanks for clarifying that up for me. Im gonna go ahead and repost another suggested time for anytime 8 am and on to meet up..

Lets hear some timing that works out for everyone on the 29th

I heard martin has a bus that we can all ride in jk
Old 10-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #2035
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowninshield3 View Post
Ah ok thanks for clarifying that up for me. Im gonna go ahead and repost another suggested time for anytime 8 am and on to meet up..

Lets hear some timing that works out for everyone on the 29th

I heard martin has a bus that we can all ride in jk
I won't be able to make it to the 29th... Sarah's grandpa just passed away and that's the day of the funeral. I plan on being out at Folsom lake Saturday. I seems like there will be a few people meeting up there for sure. So gtg Saturday Oct 22nd @ 11am??? We could have a discussion about 916 future... very much looking forward to it.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #2036
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
I won't be able to make it to the 29th... Sarah's grandpa just passed away and that's the day of the funeral. I plan on being out at Folsom lake Saturday. I seems like there will be a few people meeting up there for sure. So gtg Saturday Oct 22nd @ 11am??? We could have a discussion about 916 future... very much looking forward to it.
Sorry to hear this news. Let Sarah know we're sorry for her loss and if you guys need anything let me know.

On the lighter side I'm pretty much free. I have been out 3 of the last 4 weekends so don't need a fix but would like to have a few talks about what we want to do around this area. So I can meet up on both weekends but trying to hold out until the first to get my annual pass.

My problem with trying to talk while we are gtg doesn't work. So if we can meet up 30-45 minutes before we can chit chat and who ever wants to head into the lake can.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #2037
Rock Crawler

I know this is completely off-topic, but i want to throw it out there..... I have to move out of my current place next month, anybody know of a room to rent? roseville/rocklin area would be great. Just spreadin' the word.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #2038
RCC Addict

Default Discussion meeting gtg 10/22

Who wants to meet up in the morning around 9 for some informal discussions on forming a exploratory committee so see if having a scale club in the greater sacramento area is justifiably Just kidding, first of a few get togethers to go over stuff I'm sure.

Susie's Country Oaks Cafe‎
8595 Auburn Folsom Road
Granite Bay, CA 95746-6201
(916) 797-0314

Dan, Chris and I will be there at 9, if no one else shows up we'll just make the decisions

I won't be going to play after but a few people are planning on heading in after.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #2039
RCC Addict

Quote:
I know this is completely off-topic, but i want to throw it out there..... I have to move out of my current place next month, anybody know of a room to rent? roseville/rocklin area would be great. Just spreadin' the word.

no but I will need a roommate soon. I want to live in the Roseville Rocklin area.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #2040
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Who wants to meet up in the morning around 9 for some informal discussions on forming a exploratory committee so see if having a scale club in the greater sacramento area is justifiably Just kidding, first of a few get togethers to go over stuff I'm sure.

Susie's Country Oaks Cafe‎
8595 Auburn Folsom Road
Granite Bay, CA 95746-6201
(916) 797-0314

Dan, Chris and I will be there at 9, if no one else shows up we'll just make the decisions

I won't be going to play after but a few people are planning on heading in after.
I know I dont know any of you, but I would like to come. This sounds like a lot of fun to me. Any of you object?

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM