Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #2041
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinSac View Post
I know I dont know any of you, but I would like to come. This sounds like a lot of fun to me. Any of you object?
Not at all, great way to start meeting people who are into the same hobby. Great group of guys around this area. I'll pm you my # if you have any questions.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #2042
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I know I dont know any of you, but I would like to come. This sounds like a lot of fun to me. Any of you object?
Naw, everybody's welcome. come on down.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #2043
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
no but I will need a roommate soon. I want to live in the Roseville Rocklin area.
Man, I'd love to get a place with a bunch of R.C. guys. Be nice to live in a "R.C. friendly" atmosphere!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #2044
RCC Addict

Well I hope you guys can work it out. Having a club for the Sac area guys would be cool. I think if you got it up and running you would get a really good turn out. Maybe at the end of the season we can run a club against club comp. Couple of us have been wanting to do it for a while now but, not to many scale clubs out there. As always Martin if you need anything let me know.

Good Luck
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #2045
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
Well I hope you guys can work it out. Having a club for the Sac area guys would be cool. I think if you got it up and running you would get a really good turn out. Maybe at the end of the season we can run a club against club comp. Couple of us have been wanting to do it for a while now but, not to many scale clubs out there. As always Martin if you need anything let me know.

Good Luck
Thanks James! We've been talking about it and I figured we should just "DO IT" To me, as long as fun is the main point then I think we'll be ok. And yeah I really want my butt kicked by "All" the team lerk guys Just kidding, you guys have been finishing on top of every leader board. NICE DRIVING GUYS! There will be at least 3 of us coming down for your season opener, trying to get a few more to represent Area 916
Old 10-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #2046
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Thanks James! We've been talking about it and I figured we should just "DO IT" To me, as long as fun is the main point then I think we'll be ok. And yeah I really want my butt kicked by "All" the team lerk guys Just kidding, you guys have been finishing on top of every leader board. NICE DRIVING GUYS! There will be at least 3 of us coming down for your season opener, trying to get a few more to represent Area 916
Good to hear you guys are going to make it down. Dont forget that chassis and i'll try not to forget the $ for it.

As far as the LERK Crew tearing it up on the comp sceen, you are right they are really doing well right now. They are geting a lot of comp and practice time in, they really desreve it.
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:03 AM   #2047
Rock Crawler

I won't be able to make the club meeting, but I will find you guys at the lake..

Martin, I'll give you call tomorrow.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #2048
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Who wants to meet up in the morning around 9 for some informal discussions on forming a exploratory committee so see if having a scale club in the greater sacramento area is justifiably Just kidding, first of a few get togethers to go over stuff I'm sure.

Susie's Country Oaks Cafe‎
8595 Auburn Folsom Road
Granite Bay, CA 95746-6201
(916) 797-0314

Dan, Chris and I will be there at 9, if no one else shows up we'll just make the decisions

I won't be going to play after but a few people are planning on heading in after.
I will be there bright and early. Text me when you head out Martin.

Ill be there with a pen and paper ;)

I will not beable to make it to play though, Just arrived home from Sams house and the wife "reminded" that we are do to take the kidos to the local pumpkin patch!

Cya in 9 hours
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #2049

anyone goin scalin n the morning me and a buddy will b at folsom prison outlook
dylanger87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #2050
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanger87 View Post
anyone goin scalin n the morning me and a buddy will b at folsom prison outlook
Didn't get on this morning but a few of us wound up at the lake. Were you guys down by the rodeo grounds?
Old 10-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #2051

wer goin today (sunday) 2 the prison outlook
dylanger87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #2052
Pebble Pounder

a group of us are going out to dotons at about 10 if anyone wants to run with us. should be a great day at the lake!
wingnutcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #2053
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutcrawler View Post
a group of us are going out to dotons at about 10 if anyone wants to run with us. should be a great day at the lake!
Hey if anybodies got a camera, can ya shoot a couple of pics? I'm curious what the water level is at dotons.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #2054
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Hey if anybodies got a camera, can ya shoot a couple of pics? I'm curious what the water level is at dotons.
Chris, a little higher than normal but our rocks were all there yesterday
Old 10-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #2055
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Chris, a little higher than normal but our rocks were all there yesterday
cool. I just need to put my truck back together!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #2056
Rock Crawler

Hey guys. I'm pretty new to the RC thing and would also love to tag along sometime and join you guys in all the fun. Currently ive just got a stock-ish RTR Honcho but eventually it'll be up to par with everyone else.

I see you guys go to Folsom lake to crawl - is that THE spot? I went out to Rattlesnake bar but didn't find much in terms of rocks or fun areas since the water was so high. I was thinking down by Nimbus Dam? Been out to the sierras a few times but only when wheeling my 1:1 since it's too far for quick RC trips.
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #2057
Rock Stacker

Fun day yesterday to bad I had to split a little early. Any of you going out there today?
DaveinSac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #2058
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkolator View Post
Hey guys. I'm pretty new to the RC thing and would also love to tag along sometime and join you guys in all the fun. Currently ive just got a stock-ish RTR Honcho but eventually it'll be up to par with everyone else.

I see you guys go to Folsom lake to crawl - is that THE spot? I went out to Rattlesnake bar but didn't find much in terms of rocks or fun areas since the water was so high. I was thinking down by Nimbus Dam? Been out to the sierras a few times but only when wheeling my 1:1 since it's too far for quick RC trips.
Pretty much that's where we go in the 916 area code. Under the folsom rodeo grounds has some nice scale areas but has a lot of poison oak and there is no fee down there. Doesn't bother "most" of us but I know some guys can't go anywhere close to it. There is a $10 fee to get into the lake. If you have any interest in having some great fun check out the comp section and search recon g6 and read up on how much fun we're having with rc's All you really need is to put a winch on your rtr and your good to go for a recon g6 http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/compe...-3-2011-a.html

Quote:
Fun day yesterday to bad I had to split a little early. Any of you going out there today?
Wasn't planning on it but did Didn't charge any batteries and I needed to play with the mrc's more before some upcoming comps but both had some issues
Old 10-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #2059
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Wasn't planning on it but did Didn't charge any batteries and I needed to play with the mrc's more before some upcoming comps but both had some issues
Shoot you should have called me Martin I would have driven out there. Didn't get my complete fix yesterday lol. Oh well next time.
DaveinSac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #2060
RCC Addict

Quote:
Shoot you should have called me Martin I would have driven out there. Didn't get my complete fix yesterday lol. Oh well next time.
Hey Dave, it was kind of late and honestly if I didn't hitch a ride with Mike I wouldn't have gone in. Although the other guys were out there pretty early, around 10ish.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM