RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html)

grant00 11-29-2010 12:38 AM

man, I could have walked to folsom point from my house... I live right across the street.... I will be making the next GTG/comp once I finish this soon 8)...

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...d/DSCN2126.jpg
http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...d/DSCN2127.jpg

Big Bill 11-29-2010 07:43 AM

Sounds good grant, looks like a nice start you have there. Just keep checking this thread there is always something going on."thumbsup"

losimadman 11-29-2010 11:27 AM

hey big bill win do u guys go out to oak point i wood like to come out

fvrr 11-29-2010 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=grant00;2766471]man, I could have walked to folsom point from my house... I live right across the street.... I will be making the next GTG/comp once I finish this soon 8)...

Right on Grant! There were 18 trucks out there yesterday. I stopped by after lunch to say hi and there were at least 10 left. I live about 5 min from there so whenever your ready "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by losimadman (Post 2766980)
hey big bill win do u guys go out to oak point i wood like to come out

I'm not bill but normally whenever we get 3-4 guys together and then we'll post up to see if anyone else what's to run. If you've been to oak point you should check out folsom point on the other side of the lake. If you haven't then plan on a several hours and we can hit OP and then FP "thumbsup" I live in town and am normally home :ror:

jscalecrawler 11-29-2010 07:39 PM

hey martin whens the next comp or meet up? and if you could send me measurements for your rock sliders

fvrr 11-29-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscalecrawler (Post 2767723)
hey martin whens the next comp or meet up? and if you could send me measurements for your rock sliders

Hey Jason, 6 3/8 they bolt to the holes in the frame or you may be able to braze them to line it up better.

For the next GTG I'm in the middle of a cold so want to wait for the weather to warm up a bit :lmao: This is what happens when you get older :roll:

Picked up a jk body today for my next project :shock:

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/t..._monster-1.jpg

jscalecrawler 11-29-2010 10:55 PM

thats gna look awesome i was thinkn of getn a jk but everyone seems to b getn them i think im gna get a mid 80s 4runner hardbody. ya im fightn a cold too.

gordy 11-30-2010 11:41 AM

hey i just sent martin like over a hundred pics from the last 3 get togethers not much from the comp since my camera was dead but got alot from sunday so now its on martin ! lol i have no clue how to post pics ! lol

fvrr 11-30-2010 03:28 PM

Gordy's Pics

OK, I asked for some input in the chit chat section on loading 70 pictures as I thought that would be too many so I'm going to put the link to a file of all gordys pic's. Oh yeah gordy I had to weed some out of your rigs :lmao:

http://s607.photobucket.com/albums/t...Gordys%20pics/

Humm pics are a little small. We'll see how this goes as I may have to resize them or put up the best 20

jscalecrawler 11-30-2010 04:23 PM

Anyone wanna meet up tomorrow ? i was thinkn of tryn hobbytown n Rocklin cus it mite rain around 12.

Oh ya Martin you were right about those rc4wd shocks they leak.. they lowerd my truck alot tho and it crawls way better. i gta fine some small o rings

fvrr 11-30-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscalecrawler (Post 2769393)
Anyone wanna meet up tomorrow ? i was thinkn of tryn hobbytown n Rocklin cus it mite rain around 12.

Oh ya Martin you were right about those rc4wd shocks they leak.. they lowerd my truck alot tho and it crawls way better. i gta fine some small o rings

I may be down for tomorrow unless my wife stays home sick. I'll know tomorrow morning. What did hobbytown come up with on cost to run? rc4wd service is pretty good. I'd check with them to see what they say. It shouldn't have leaked that quick. I just picked up another set of power strokes which now makes 4 sets :lmao:

jscalecrawler 11-30-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fvrr (Post 2769599)
I may be down for tomorrow unless my wife stays home sick. I'll know tomorrow morning. What did hobbytown come up with on cost to run? rc4wd service is pretty good. I'd check with them to see what they say. It shouldn't have leaked that quick. I just picked up another set of power strokes which now makes 4 sets :lmao:

last time i called it was 8 bucks i think for allday. i got them on rpphobby so ill call them and c..

jado6006 11-30-2010 06:01 PM

Folsom gtg

I was at folsom on sunday with my wood framed axial< and was wondering where i could find the pic that was taken of all our rigs? Everybody was cool and had a blast!8)

jscalecrawler 11-30-2010 06:19 PM

ya Martin its 8 bucks jus called they open at 11 so anytime after that is good for me.

fvrr 11-30-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jado6006 (Post 2769742)
I was at folsom on sunday with my wood framed axial< and was wondering where i could find the pic that was taken of all our rigs? Everybody was cool and had a blast!8)

I wasn't out there but for a few minutes to say hi but gordy sent me a hundred pictures of what he had from the last few gtg so I couldn't post them all. I put 70 on photo bucket, if you go back a few posts to 409 you'll see the link. Not sure if yours is in there or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscalecrawler (Post 2769800)
ya Martin its 8 bucks jus called they open at 11 so anytime after that is good for me.

I'll text you tomorrow on if I can make it or not

jscalecrawler 11-30-2010 08:24 PM

ok gta question for you guys who know alot about rc stuff i was thinkn of runin deul motors or would that b like up grading to brushless? and if i run duel motors would you notice a difference between 2 motors and 1?

grant00 11-30-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscalecrawler (Post 2770206)
ok gta question for you guys who know alot about rc stuff i was thinkn of runin deul motors or would that b like up grading to brushless? and if i run duel motors would you notice a difference between 2 motors and 1?

I dont see how you could run dual motors unless you had a MOA crawler.

jscalecrawler 11-30-2010 10:11 PM

you have to use a bracket like on the emaxx and run both motors. go to utube and type "rc adventures 2010 winner" that guy ran 2 brushless motors he made a bracket to mount both motors and used a hummer body. ill probly jus wait tell i upgrade to lipos. im run the old stlye still

fvrr 11-30-2010 10:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8BNzDwk6X8

I'm not sure how that rig is legal though :roll:

For anyone who wants to eventually go to the nationals these were last years rules which will change for 2011

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/220426-%2A-official-rules-%2A-2010-msd-scale-nats-please-read-%2A.html

From the discussions in the scale forums each club has their own rules but if you want to attend the nationals, their rules are it. So it's a good idea to somewhat try and follow them. We will eventually have a set of rules similar to Santa Rosa, Modesto or Utah. I'm just guessing that's the direction we're going to try and lean towards but I'm not in charge of anything :lmao:

jscalecrawler 11-30-2010 11:26 PM

i could b mistakin but it didnt say u get pentlized for 2.2 tires.

jscalecrawler 12-01-2010 03:59 PM

jus got back from hobbytown it is defently not scale freindly with 1.9s, 2.2s would b better ther. but its more for comp stuff i would not reccomend goin ther. Folsom lake is still best spot in town that i hav bin

grant00 12-01-2010 04:07 PM

what about FST? they just moved up to rocklin and had a pretty sweet set-up when they were in citrus heights...

jscalecrawler 12-01-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant00 (Post 2772047)
what about FST? they just moved up to rocklin and had a pretty sweet set-up when they were in citrus heights...

you talkn about fast track? its a pile of rocks now about 7 ft by 10 ft area its wasy worse then hobbytown and ther both 8 bucks. if i had to choose i would go to HT over Fst. hobbytown wouldnt b too bad if you move some rocks ard. like i a rainy day we could hold gtg or comps ther. but i like outdoors better.FST is jus for comp rigs and its realy small now

grant00 12-01-2010 09:36 PM

I havent been out to fast track since they moved. there are pics on here of what their track was like in citrus heights.

I like outdoors better too. Its closer than going out to Rocklin too haha

jscalecrawler 12-02-2010 06:38 AM

ya im not far from folsom lake i think ill stick to ther and when weather gets bad mayb go to HT

jscalecrawler 12-02-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fvrr (Post 2767778)
Hey Jason, 6 3/8 they bolt to the holes in the frame or you may be able to braze them to line it up better.

For the next GTG I'm in the middle of a cold so want to wait for the weather to warm up a bit :lmao: This is what happens when you get older :roll:

Picked up a jk body today for my next project :shock:

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/t..._monster-1.jpg

ya ther gna be too long martin thx tho

losimadman 12-02-2010 11:57 PM

hey man u just need to pic your lines beter i run my scaler win im not comping i dont have a problom with any thing if u dont like it dont come there

losimadman 12-03-2010 12:02 AM

if you guyss wanna down talk hobby town you guys just need to stay away i ahve personally seen scalers run there and they have had no problem doing anything! if you want to bad mouth it stay away! yes we do charge $8 but its for all day! sorry that we cant go charge free there are bills that need to be paid in order to keep the place up and going! if you are so gun ho about folsom stay there! i really hope hobby towns owners son doesnt read this you guys will all be 86ed before you even step foot in the place!! have a nice night brit

Tom_Swanson 12-03-2010 12:03 AM

Hey man why would you write something like that if he doesn't like I'm sure he won't go there. I'm sure he was just trying to explain what it's like for the rest of us that haven't been there.

Tom_Swanson 12-03-2010 12:14 AM

86ed huh well check this out I'm the only one on here that actually uses my real name so hmm I haven't said anything bad about hobbytown rocklin but I will make it a point to check out hobbytown rocklin with my scaler and if I so choose to give a bad opinion about it please be sure losi mad man that I will and if I feel that it is more comp rig friendly I will forsure need to be 86ed after I tell everyone that reads this forum post.

bubba ax10 12-03-2010 12:21 AM

Okay guys this is just getting out of hand I'm Jake the owners son at hobytown and honestly it doesn't matter if he doesn't like it, it's his opinion to have we built the place for everyone to come in a dry and reasonably warm place to crawl, the scalers do okay some of the stuff is difficult but oh well drive around. Nobody is going to get 86erd. All I'm saying is I want a clean and friendly environment, I don't want it to be like coming in hostile territory or the scalers! EVERYONE IS WELCOME! "thumbsup"8)

bubba ax10 12-03-2010 12:25 AM

I meant hostile territory "for" the scalers. It's becoming like politics an that's BS. That's not welcome haha. Bring the cralwers an just have some fun! Cause is suppose to be raining for the next few days!

Tom_Swanson 12-03-2010 12:32 AM

Hey Jake please to meet u online 8-) I bet your pretty happy that threw you under the bus like that. I'm glad your goal is to provide a clean and warm dry environment for people to have fun. I can't wait to come check out your water features I just finished doing somemore waterproofing on my rig. I'll probably come check it out this weekend with the rain coming in.

bubba ax10 12-03-2010 12:41 AM

Nice to meet you Tom, it's how it goes I guess, but I'm cool it doesn't matter to me much. it's just good to have a place like that so you can drive when it's pouring outside. The water features are so sick it's unbelievable. That's sounds great I will have to see you then, I'm there all weekend. and the 8 bucks is for all day. So let's say you had to leave for some reason keep you receipt with you and you will be good to go!

grant00 12-03-2010 12:52 AM

I wasn't trying to bad mouth anybody so I'd just like to say I'm sorry if I did... Im not that kind of person.

Jake and Tom, my real name is in my name too "thumbsup" well at least my first name. I'll probably see you guys at some get togethers or comps soon! Ive never been to hobby town and I'd sure like to try it out

sumquak 12-03-2010 07:50 AM

guy's i was at hobbytown rocklin last nite and they have really made some changes in the rocks. it's more scale friendly than 2 weeks ago, they have made some trails through the rocks and the new bridges are sick, about 30 feet long or so across the building. some of the tough obstacles have what i think are do able lines for some challenge and the water is a neat feature but i don't know if the pumps run all the time, just ask.

pick a day it's raining and check it out, i think you will be surprised and can spend a few hrs there easy. the pit area has plenty of space and power outlets.

next door is a bead store i found some chain at to make a tow chain, i need to see what kind of hooks they have the next i'm there before i make some. i'm also thinking about making some tire chains for the snow scale look.

check it out and don't forget to stop by the hobby shop and see jake and crew

jscalecrawler 12-03-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losimadman (Post 2775042)
hey man u just need to pic your lines beter i run my scaler win im not comping i dont have a problom with any thing if u dont like it dont come there

1st of all i wasnt bad mouthing Hobby town You must not b able to read. I was giving my oppinion about it. Is all ..I liked alot about it but im more into out doors stuff. but the waterfalls r very nice. And i did like the pit areas.

Bubba i wasnt bad mouthing Hobby town at all was jus tellin them my oppinion.

Big Bill 12-03-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscalecrawler (Post 2775237)
1st of all i wasnt bad mouthing Hobby town You must not b able to read. I was giving my oppinion about it. Is all ..I liked alot about it but im more into out doors stuff. but the waterfalls r very nice. And i did like the pit areas.

Bubba i wasnt bad mouthing Hobby town at all was jus tellin them my oppinion.

This thread is starting to sound like a comp. crawler drama BS he said she said thread. This thread was started to alert the other guys that wanted to get to togther to run their scalers usually at Folsom Lake or the other areas around here. If you guys are going to trade insults back and fourth please take it to PM and hopefully you can resolve it there. Thanks

bubba ax10 12-03-2010 09:18 AM

i dont want any BS there. we are friends and are there for a good time, no one was bad mouthing hobbytown, its just an opinion, it doesnt matter to me, just crawl and have fun! that is what it's there for. so to all you scaler guys you are welcome, and there might possibly be some course changing for the scalers. so no more BS guys lets just get down and put some rubber on the rocks. :-D

zonkerd 12-03-2010 10:02 AM

hey no trash talking..whats up guys im the main designer (Elio AKA Easy-E)of the course, ive been adding some trails to the course for the scalers"thumbsup"Ht is the only place with live waterfalls (3) so get the winchs out baby!!yes it is challenging but it makes for some thinking.We just added 2 bridges the span the whole building!!!15 inches wide, we are all in this hobby together(remember hobby) so come on down check it out. thanks guys. just shoot me a pm if you have any Q`s"thumbsup"