Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #2581
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps

Gonna do a lil evening scalin at the waterfall off sunset and 65 if anyone wants to join.
Jrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #2582
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty530crawlers View Post
Oh and I went and found the ticket writer and explained the situation. And he says oh I'm sorry there's nothing I can do for you and tried to then give me directions on how to pay the ticket. LOL!!!!! I just turned around and got back in my truck and said have a great day. I was proud of myself cause I wanted to say but all in all the day ended being 100$ with lunch but hey watching my lil man crawl endless lines and meeting up with some kool kats and ripping it up PRICLESS!!!! thanks again for the great day guys!! My lil man just passed out and was talkin about following Martin up lines as his eyes closed, see ya on the ROCKS!!
Glad you had fun, but most of the Rangers there just want our money as evidenced by the $10 entrance fee.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #2583
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Gonna do a lil evening scalin at the waterfall off sunset and 65 if anyone wants to join.
Workin....anybody else going out? Should be nice crawling and sunset.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #2584
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowninshield3 View Post
Too cool, very nice work mike. Was martins bug glitch in out or did he put some real electronics in it?
Shazammmm

Won't get put in before sunday I'm sure If i can even go. Was looking good but I thought I'd run again tonight but now not until the morning so that may throw a wrench in my schedule

Quote:
That's what the problem was first time to Folsom point an they don't have a pull out pay station like at beals. Where I'm from on the off season it's free, and when I saw the boat ramp closed and no prions anywhere, and I didn't not see the pay station there. The while time there was a 10$ bill on my center consel. Pretty funny how there's no one to take your money but they sure can sneak up and get me oh well it'was worth the day!

Shoot, I'm starting to feel bad for not pointing that out that ALL lake entry points require fee.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #2585
Pebble Pounder

That's sure peeeerty set up right there, now hurry up and put it in.
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #2586
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Shazammmm

Won't get put in before sunday I'm sure If i can even go. Was looking good but I thought I'd run again tonight but now not until the morning so that may throw a wrench in my schedule

Shoot, I'm starting to feel bad for not pointing that out that ALL lake entry points require fee.
What turn motor are you running? I'm debating weather to upgrade to brushless or just get a new ESC for my 55T lathe. I would kind of like to have something a little faster than the 55 turn Lathe with a 12 tooth pinion. I put a 15T pinion on it but it lost a tad bit of low speed control it seems.

I have a 10.5/RS-Pro in my stadium truck and it is sooo smooth. I was thinking a 21.5 or 17.5 and a RS woiuld be good for the crawler. Or one of JRH's new stubby sensored outrunners.

Last edited by 65BAJA; 02-28-2012 at 09:35 AM.
65BAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #2587
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65BAJA View Post
What turn motor are you running? I'm debating weather to upgrade to brushless or just get a new ESC for my 55T lathe. I would kind of like to have something a little faster than the 55 turn Lathe with a 12 tooth pinion. I put a 15T pinion on it but it lost a tad bit of low speed control it seems.

I have a 10.5/RS-Pro in my stadium truck and it is sooo smooth. I was thinking a 21.5 or 17.5 and a RS woiuld be good for the crawler. Or one of JRH's new stubby sensored outrunners.
If you want to go brushless to get more wheel speed but not sacrifice torque I would go with what fvrr setup. Tekin RS with 17.5t motor, do not use your Tekin RS Pro it's awesome at racing but for some odd reason it does not like the Castle Creatioin BEC, dx-dow and myself have had probably 10 BEC popped from our experimenting so it just doesn't work for crawling.

Stick with a RS and you would be good, plus they are smaller to hide. The biggest downfall to the brushless system compared to the brushed is the downhill control, brushless will tend to freewheel when going downhill on the throttle when the brushed will walk down a hill even on throttle.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #2588
RCC Addict

X2 if you want to stay brushed then fxr with hh 35 handwound works nice as well. I'm looking for lower maintenance and I don't like mud or wather

Sent from my new phone using tapatalk.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #2589
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
If you want to go brushless to get more wheel speed but not sacrifice torque I would go with what fvrr setup. Tekin RS with 17.5t motor, do not use your Tekin RS Pro it's awesome at racing but for some odd reason it does not like the Castle Creatioin BEC, dx-dow and myself have had probably 10 BEC popped from our experimenting so it just doesn't work for crawling.

Stick with a RS and you would be good, plus they are smaller to hide. The biggest downfall to the brushless system compared to the brushed is the downhill control, brushless will tend to freewheel when going downhill on the throttle when the brushed will walk down a hill even on throttle.
If I'm reading this right it sounds like you are running a separate BEC? I thought the Tekin internal BEC was pretty robust already? The Internal BEC in my Novak was weak at 5V 1A and the steering servo would cut out all the time. But I thought the Tekin at 6V 3A would solve that. Not so? Who makes a good separate BEC? Is the smaller Castle good enough?

Sorry for the stupid questions. All my crawler knowledge is from 5 years ago. I know things have had to change a lot since then.
65BAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #2590
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65BAJA View Post
If I'm reading this right it sounds like you are running a separate BEC? I thought the Tekin internal BEC was pretty robust already? The Internal BEC in my Novak was weak at 5V 1A and the steering servo would cut out all the time. But I thought the Tekin at 6V 3A would solve that. Not so? Who makes a good separate BEC? Is the smaller Castle good enough?

Sorry for the stupid questions. All my crawler knowledge is from 5 years ago. I know things have had to change a lot since then.
You always want to run a separate BEC when using high torque servos which majority if not all of the crawler out there do. The 3amp in the tekin still isn't enough for the high torque servos which will pull more than 3amps in a bind, I personally use 10amp small Castle Creation BEC's because they are easily programmable via castle link so you can change the voltage for 2s ready servos and cc always take care of warrenty issues easily. It also depends on your system you're running if you're running 2 winches and a high torque servo or 2 high torque servos for 4ws you might want to go with the 20amp bec which is almost the size of a sidwinder.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #2591
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Workin....anybody else going out? Should be nice crawling and sunset.

See65 and I had some good crawling out there last night, hit us up when you can make it. I'm only 15 min from there and deer creek so I try to get a lil crawl time in daily
Old 02-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #2592
Quarry Creeper

I'm gonna head to deer creek for a few hours this afternoon and do some filming, if anyone else wants to join,
Old 02-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #2593
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
You always want to run a separate BEC when using high torque servos which majority if not all of the crawler out there do. The 3amp in the tekin still isn't enough for the high torque servos which will pull more than 3amps in a bind, I personally use 10amp small Castle Creation BEC's because they are easily programmable via castle link so you can change the voltage for 2s ready servos and cc always take care of warrenty issues easily. It also depends on your system you're running if you're running 2 winches and a high torque servo or 2 high torque servos for 4ws you might want to go with the 20amp bec which is almost the size of a sidwinder.
Yes and with 3s or more any BEC's output becomes less useable.

Quote:
See65 and I had some good crawling out there last night, hit us up when you can make it. I'm only 15 min from there and deer creek so I try to get a lil crawl time in daily
Thanks and will do. Daily crawl is good.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #2594
Quarry Creeper

Went to deer creek for a few hours and had a blast! It's still one of my favorite places but I love the steep technical stuff I found a yellow scale item out there looks like an ore or something i can tell it was glued on a honcho flatbed I have it if some one claims it got some great footage of my 1.9 skinny axled wraith I will post a link ad soon ad I get it all edited. Where's all my fellow scalers at?? I know some of you are just hangin let's crawl!!!!

Last edited by Jrob; 02-28-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #2595
Rock Stacker

Where is deer creek?
maberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #2596
Quarry Creeper

well here is a video i did from yesterday enjoy! 1.9 axial wraith scale crawling - YouTube
Old 02-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #2597
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maberto View Post
Where is deer creek?
deer creek is in rocklin off pacific st between riebes auto parts and goodyear tire
it an old granite quarry from the late 1800's and one of my favorite spots
Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #2598
Rock Stacker

Cool - thanks for the info.
maberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #2599
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maberto View Post
Cool - thanks for the info.
let me know if your goin out there i can show ya some fun lines
Old 02-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #2600

If anyone goes out to the rodeo grounds check out the scaler stuff me and my dad are working on. Its right below the stump in the parking lot. its not much yet but still fun. Let me know what you think if you check it out.
552jrider is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html
Posted By For Type Date
Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps - Page 84 - RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:34 PM